Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Possession means f*** all tbh.

It’s that mentality which is killing us at home... It’s not sustainable over a period of time. The mentality of sitting back and hitting them on the break, at home, to the worst team in the league is embarrassing. I totally understand doing it for the top clubs in the division and basically every away game, but we need to go for it at home and give the fans something to cheer about as what is being dished out simply isn’t good enough.

With this tactic and setup we’re dropping far too many key points at home to stay in this division.

:thup: we are really diluting our home advantage. Which used to be considerable.

I'm 50/50. I don't feel particularly nervous about going down, I think we might have enough to scrape it but a couple of decent players would make things a lot easier. Rafa will have worked wonders if he keeps them up.

Agree with this. For all everyone says we're absolutely shit, how come we're still above six other clubs and tenth in the form table?

It's going to be very tight all season. We could definitely go down and we need some new faces to add something to the squad. But the way some are making out like it's nailed on is weird to me.

Guest neesy111

I'm 50/50. I don't feel particularly nervous about going down, I think we might have enough to scrape it but a couple of decent players would make things a lot easier. Rafa will have worked wonders if he keeps them up.

Agree with this. For all everyone says we're absolutely shit, how come we're still above six other clubs and tenth in the form table?

It's going to be very tight all season. We could definitely go down and we need some new faces to add something to the squad. But the way some are making out like it's nailed on is weird to me.

Isn't the case with the form table is that we've had a very favourable set of fixtures just like start of the season with teams around us?  We've hardly gained any points against those in the top half which I feel needs to improve.  We've been getting points from the teams we expect which is good, but we ideally need to start picking up points vs teams we don't expect a little more.

The top six clubs are on a different planet to us mind, it's only really Burnley, Everton, Leicester and Watford (who have been in devastatingly bad form since they beat... us) that we could/should be doing better against. It's a fair point though.

I'm going to assume we won't make any significant signings this window given Ashley is our owner for the forseeable future, so 6 seems realistic. our squad is probably among the bottom 5 so we are relying on having a good manager at this point, and that might make the difference.

We still have some favourable fixtures left. Huddersfield/Burnley at home stick out and Palace and Watford away. Could see us winning 2/3 of them. Our home form will change at some point.

We have lost 1 out of 6 games or so, in all comps and that was against City. We need to keep that up. We now seem to be drawing games which we were losing during our bad spell.

Over the last 15 seasons the average points total for 17th place teams is 38 (lowest 34, highest 44). So, 1.0 points per game.

The average points total for relegated in 18th place teams is 35 (30-42). Average points per game (PPG) is 0.93.

At present Southampton, Stoke, WBA, & Swansea have a worse PPG than 0.93. AFCB  (playing today) have 0.96. Ourselves and BHA are on exactly 1.0 PPG. HT, CP, WHU, and Watford all close to 'usual safety figure' on 1.1 PPG.

Whilst we have a harder run-in than start to the season, if we maintain this PPG we'd usually (all bar two seasons) be safe. Basically purely in PPG so far there are still 11 teams hovering within 'touching-cloth' distance of the three relegation slots.

It also stood out that the higher totals for safety seem to occur when there were quite low totals for the Champions. The average Cahmpions PPG is 2.3; Man City are averaging 2.8. In other words, it is likely to be a relatively low total needed to survive; probably 34-36.

Home form is a worry but as frustrating as Brighton and Swansea was at least we didn't lose.  Being optimistic, we've lost 1 in 6 and we've slowly come out of that really bad slump.  We lack quality which is obvious but I think we are where we deserve to be.  We don't look like an obvious relegation side imo, oh for just that little bit of extra quality in this window..

So who's our competition now ? Brighton, Swansea, Huddersfield, West Brom, Stoke?

We need to do our stuff on the pitch basically, if we get 40 pts we don't have to care who the competition is. Especially since we can't guarantee what sort of side the top teams will put out against them if Arsenal's game against Bournemouth is anything to go by.

Our defensive organisation, team structure and shape and tactical approach (some might disagree with that one) given the standard of the squad is spot on but the lack of ruthlessness and quality in the final third is telling and really hurting us. We really need players ffs.

f*** you Ashley, you absolute c***.

Having zero cutting edge is crippling us :thup:

I'm sick of watching Ritchie cut back and wait for Yedlin instead of getting a ball in etc. Sick of Joselu and Gayle offering 5/10 performances every game. We need a match winner to grab us points we may not always deserve.

:blush:

Kk, swap them with Watford/Palace/West Ham/probably Bournemouth - none of whom are going to go down.

Without a couple of good signings we're banking on Stoke getting their appointment wrong. Personally think we're fucked.

:blush:

Kk, swap them with Watford/Palace/West Ham/probably Bournemouth - none of whom are going to go down.

Without a couple of good signings we're banking on Stoke getting their appointment wrong. Personally think we're f***ed.

Watford are falling like a stone, with one win since they beat us in November. Huddersfield have only won 3 since the first week of November. Every team from 9th down is in this.