Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There are several teams around us who are significantly better equipped to survive than we are; there's teams who are 'in it' - due only to their proximity to the relegation zone - every single season. They're never actually going down.

It's between Huddersfield, Us, Stoke, West Brom and Swansea imo. Swansea are the only near-enough certs, and we couldn't even beat them at home with a full-strength team. Absolutely deperate stuff.

There are several teams around us who are significantly better equipped to survive than we are; there's teams who are 'in it' - due only to their proximity to the relegation zone - every single season. They're never actually going down.

It's between Huddersfield, Us, Stoke, West Brom and Swansea imo. Swansea are the only near-enough certs, and we couldn't even beat them at home with a full-strength team. Absolutely deperate stuff.

Swansea have beaten Watford, West Brom, Huddersfield and Palace. Desperate indeed considering nearly all of them are above us.

Brighton?

Brighton?

2 seconds ffs

Southampton haven't won since 28th November FFS. How can't they be in it? :lol:

They are in it. But they won't go down and, like Watford, they've plenty time to arrest the slide and pick up the results that better match the quality of their team. Plenty of time to pull the trigger on their manager if they want to.

Brighton maybe. If someone like Gross or Dunk got injured they'd be in trouble.

I'm in the relegation thread and I'm pessimistic alright!? :laugh:

We'll have weekends like this where everything seems to go wrong, but it wasn't a complete disaster this weekend, that would have been if we had lost. We focus on ourselves and how we are struggling but we are clearly not alone, which is a good thing. I've moved back to a 6 now, from an 8.

Watford and Southampton have both taken five points from their last ten matches, conceding twice every game on average.

Doesn't matter, Dave. Yorkie has decided.

Oh get f***ed.

:lol: :blackeye:

Yorkie, howay man. Enough with the "won't go down" bollocks :lol:

Soton have had a problem scoring for almost 18 months. Except they now concede alot more and have lost VVD to amplify that problem. Brighton never score away, so they are hedging their bets on survival through home games.

Each team is handicapped and it's the reason we are all in with a chance of the drop. Not just a select few teams who might be deemed not good enough.

Fair enough. I suppose my main argument for why the likes of Southampton won't go down is because I think we will, and there's only so many spots in the relegation zone.

I dunno, like. I feel pretty miserable after yesterday's result. The Brighton draw was acceptable because, as one might theorise, we held back some of our energy and beat Stoke a couple days later.

There's no upcoming winnable away game this time, like. We had to win yesterday, and the implications on our home form for the remainder of the season is equally as worrying as the result itself. Just who the fuck is gonna be afraid to come to SJP? Absolutely no one. We can't beat the worst team in the league, and even if we fight back to get a point against mid-table sides at home, we go and stick one in our own net at the end anyway. It's bloody miserable at home, like.

Fair enough. I suppose my main argument for why the likes of Southampton won't go down is because I think we will, and there's only so many spots in the relegation zone.

I dunno, like. I feel pretty miserable after yesterday's result. The Brighton draw was acceptable because, as one might theorise, we held back some of our energy and beat Stoke a couple days later.

There's no upcoming winnable away game this time, like. We had to win yesterday, and the implications on our home form for the remainder of the season is equally as worrying as the result itself. Just who the f*** is gonna be afraid to come to SJP? Absolutely no one. We can't beat the worst team in the league, and even if we fight back to get a point against mid-table sides at home, we go and stick one in our own net at the end anyway. It's bloody miserable at home, like.

We have 5 winnable home games which gives us 38 points

There's no upcoming winnable away game this time, like. We had to win yesterday, and the implications on our home form for the remainder of the season is equally as worrying as the result itself. Just who the f*** is gonna be afraid to come to SJP? Absolutely no one. We can't beat the worst team in the league, and even if we fight back to get a point against mid-table sides at home, we go and stick one in our own net at the end anyway. It's bloody miserable at home, like.

Doesn't do as much good when we can't beat Brighton or Swansea at home

It's all down to fine margins at the bottom, defensively we're sound but very little quality elsewhere. Sign/loan a decent striker and we'll stay up comfortably imho, probably about an 8 if we don't.

I'd quite happily take another relegation, if it meant that Ashley was brutally murdered in front of his entire family tonight mind.

We're shite at home. But if that's a barometer for potential success, we've got three home games remaining against teams in the bottom eleven. Some have five!

10. Watford (4) - West Brom, Bournemouth, Palace, Newcastle

11. West Ham - (5) - Bournemouth, Palace, Watford, Southampton, Stoke

12. Palace (3) - Newcastle, Brighton, West Brom

13. Bournemouth - (5) - Stoke, Newcastle, West Brom, Palace, Swansea

14. Huddersfield (4) - Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, Watford

15. Us (3) - Southampton, Huddersfield, West Brom

16. Brighton (3) - West Ham, Swansea, Huddersfield

17. Soton (3) - Brighton, Stoke, Bournemouth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. Stoke (4) - Huddersfield, Watford, Brighton, Palace

19. West Brom (3) - Southampton, Huddersfield, Swansea

20. Swansea (3) - West Ham, Southampton, Stoke