Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There's a couple of key difference between today and that table.

1. We are not in the relegation zone

2. We are closer to 12th than we are to 18th.

We need to pick up points ASAP but its not that bad YET.

The question was whether or not people were failing to acknowledge the trouble we were in. We were worse off, and still they were.

We 'just needed to beat' Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Fulham at home. You'd think after that, everyone would be aware that it's perfectly plausible that we could go down but it appears not.

The question was whether or not people were failing to acknowledge the trouble we were in. We were worse off, and still they were.

We 'just needed to beat' Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Fulham at home. You'd think after that, everyone would be aware that it's perfectly plausible that we could go down but it appears not.

Yep, it doesn't take much for us to go down.

this time we just have to beat Fulham and Sunderland at home. And atleast one of the aways. Can easily see us not stepping up. Glad we actually have some teams below us right now.

ORLY?

I knew there were people who still thought we would probably stay up at that stage, I was one of them.  I just didn't remember anyone thinking we were a dead cert to stay up at that stage, I mean we were in the bottom three with 7 games left, seems I was wrong looking back..

this time we just have to beat Fulham and Sunderland at home. And atleast one of the aways. Can easily see us not stepping up. Glad we actually have some teams below us right now.

You reckon we need at least 40 points to stay up then? ???

Guest Phil K

I think we're back in the mix due to p*ss poor forward play, though little's being created - no goals coming from anywhere else, too much reliance on Cisse, no-one else contributing much. But also Pardew's dragged us back to the mentality of the awful Reading game. But our French full back being out has coincided with awful results.

Incognito above has it bang on.

If we go down, there won't be a quick return this time.

The other teams down there are fighting. We AREN'T./

Seems the players have the same "Nah, it won't happen" that many posters seem to have.

Do you believe otherwise ????

Sadly, it's not just the fans refusing to see the growing danger

Do you believe otherwise ????

Yeah, its extremely rare that 40 points is needed to stay up.

EDIT: Misread his post, he meant 42 points, that total's only been required to stay up once.

If we can't manage 2 wins in 7 we deserve what we get.

True. While sailing this close to the edge only puts Pardew in more danger come the summer. His Europa run will count for him, but just about everything else will count against this season. Board can see a shit player, can spot a good one, Pardew was right at the time, this summer he's absolutely the wrong man to have in charge going forward. If anything the club should be looking to him as the fall guy for such a shit season keeping our big names on board and believing in better for the club.

It is amazing certain posters have been so complacent despite what happened just 3 seasons ago.

We topped the Championship?

Not counting this season you pedant.

Me neither. :lol:

Playing in the Championship just 3 years ago surely should remind people we are not entitled to stay up merely because we are Newcastle United. But you already knew that. Of course.

It is amazing certain posters have been so complacent despite what happened just 3 seasons ago.

Playing in the Championship just 3 years ago surely should remind people we are not entitled to stay up merely because we are Newcastle United. But you already knew that. Of course.

We have a lot more fight in this side now though. Cabaye captaining the side instead of Owen for one. This team wants to stay up imo, those that took us down were already looking at their next clubs so didn't give a fuck.

Yeah and I agree to an extent, you were just a season off with the time frame.

We have a lot more fight in this side now though. Cabaye captaining the side instead of Owen for one. This team wants to stay up imo, those that took us down were already looking at their next clubs so didn't give a f***.

:thup:

As well as we have way more quality than back then.

A better manager too, tbh.

We'll know by the end of the season. If we get relegated with this squad then I'm not so sure.

And we had four different managers that season.

We have a lot more fight in this side now though. Cabaye captaining the side instead of Owen for one. This team wants to stay up imo, those that took us down were already looking at their next clubs so didn't give a f***.

:thup:

As well as we have way more quality than back then.

Yep, we signed 5 quality players in January. I doubt they want to have to move on straight away. Those players are already friends with others at this club. 

We had a turn around that dragged us away from trouble in January. We haven't played the nicest football (as we haven't all season) but getting fucked over against Wigan and losing away to the current champions won't change the squads mentality. We had something like top 5/6 form, the players that brought us that haven't become shit. As mentioned we have just had one game where we really didn't deserve to lose and one most wouldn't have expected to win even if we were on last seasons form!