Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

It hasn’t taken 40 points since 2010/11. If we get 37 points we’ll be fine.

I’d rather not take the chances. A few points difference sent us down both times let’s not forget...

Guest firetotheworks

...hence why it's a target.

Guest firetotheworks

He saying the target should be lower i think. I wonder what the actual average points total to survive is.

I know that's what the suggestion is, but it's daft, you obviously aim for what's going to almost certainly get you safe most of the time, which is 40 points.

He saying the target should be lower i think. I wonder what the actual average points total to survive is.

I know that's what the suggestion is, but it's daft, you obviously aim for what's going to almost certainly get you safe most of the time, which is 40 points.

Aye agreed, you never want to go too close. I get what timeEd32 is saying but i would prefer 40+ to be sure.

Guest firetotheworks

Well obviously, I’d prefer we get 62 points. That would be comfortable too. All I’m saying is the 40 point target is a misnomer in most seasons and especially recently.

The word that's important there is target.

Guest firetotheworks

1Xc4BSK.png

Indeed it's 37 as the average.

I went and worked it out manually, like a shmuck. 36.81 points is the points total needed on average over the past 22 years, a low of 31 and a high of 43.

Need to sign 4 prem quality players to be within a shout of staying up. Can't beat the worst team at home, can't even match them for possession. something major has to happen or its good night.

1Xc4BSK.png

I went and worked it out manually, like a shmuck. 36.81 points is the points total needed on average over the past 22 years, a low of 31 and a high of 43.

Got to love the dedication  :lol:

Looking back at the league over the years, the first ten years of the Premiership it's over 40 to stay up, the last dozen or so it's been below 40.

We need to get out more on a Saturday night  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

1Xc4BSK.png

Got to love the dedication  :lol:

Looking back at the league over the years, the first ten years of the Premiership it's over 40 to stay up, the last dozen or so it's been below 40.

We need to get out more on a Saturday night  :lol:

Remember, there were extra matches in the first couple of seasons.