Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The idea of state interference in the running of the club always amuses me, like.  MBS getting on the blower to Rafa and Poch dream team telling them that Messi isn't being used effectively and needs to be pulled back a little bit.

The idea of state interference in the running of the club always amuses me, like.  MBS getting on the blower to Rafa and Poch dream team telling them that Messi isn't being used effectively and needs to be pulled back a little bit.

If Prince William was involved in some company and they wanted to buy Aston Villa, would the PL stop them?

If Prince William was involved in some company and they wanted to buy Aston Villa, would the PL stop them?

Were that company doing anything to piss Qatar off?

Well they'll not do that because we all know how that ends - PIF say "Fine, MBS is a shadow director" and the PL say "OK, he's disqualified for piracy".

The Saudis would rather walk away than let that happen, which they've demonstrated already by walking away.

No one has been found guilty of piracy.  So how can he be disqualified for something he hasn't been found guilty of? Same goes for beheading people or whatever else.  So what are they afraid of putting him forward because I can't work that out.

I've said repeatedly, and since day 1, that there doesn't have to be any conviction of anything. Just reasonable belief it happened, and we all reasonably believe it!

And here we are.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Exactly.

Even more ironic that Masters talks about the O&D test protecting NUFC fans, whilst we’ve been sat here with Ashley for 13 years.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Wonder if Justin Barnes has been through the O&D test since he’s had such a say in our club over the past few years, after all the process is reviewed annually, apparently.

Well they'll not do that because we all know how that ends - PIF say "Fine, MBS is a shadow director" and the PL say "OK, he's disqualified for piracy".

The Saudis would rather walk away than let that happen, which they've demonstrated already by walking away.

No one has been found guilty of piracy.  So how can he be disqualified for something he hasn't been found guilty of? Same goes for beheading people or whatever else.  So what are they afraid of putting him forward because I can't work that out.

I've said repeatedly, and since day 1, that there doesn't have to be any conviction of anything. Just reasonable belief it happened, and we all reasonably believe it!

And here we are.

Thats bullshit though. Complete bollocks mate.

And here we are.

Well maybe you're right and I missed the deal going through. But from what I can tell it's collapsed, and for exactly the reasons I said it would, except PIF have pulled out rather than allow it to actually fail.

If you want to keep saying I'm wrong then it's completely at odds with literally everything that's known about why the takeover is no longer happening.

This could never pass because of MBS's involvement in piracy, and the inability to separate MBS from PIF because he basically owns it.

And here we are.

Well maybe you're right and I missed the deal going through. But from what I can tell it's collapsed, and for exactly the reasons I said it would, except PIF have pulled out rather than allow it to actually fail.

If you want to keep saying I'm wrong then it's completely at odds with literally everything that's known about why the takeover is no longer happening.

This could never pass because of MBS's involvement in piracy, and the inability to separate MBS from PIF because he basically owns it.

This thread is full of nonesense like this. Making it up in your own head.

Where has MBS been named as the key mastermind or knowing of the piracy?

Certainly you mean the KSA as a government had potentially turned the other cheek and allowed it to happen?

I really don't have the energy for this again. Especially not on a mobile phone. :lol:

But all of us, deep down, would probably accept that is likely the Saudi state, of which MBS is the de facto ruler, were behind BeOUTQ. We all fucking know it, the PL know it, BeIN know it. Shouting "prove it" is irrelevant when nobody has to, by the rules of the test, and the deal has collapsed precisely because the PL painted then into a corner to name MBS just so they could reject it on those grounds - a move which PIF saw coming a mile off so pulled out to save face.

It's clear as day, but like I say I really can't be bothered to get dragged into it all again. Think what you want.

Wonder if Justin Barnes has been through the O&D test since he’s had such a say in our club over the past few years, after all the process is reviewed annually, apparently.

Very good point.

Is it?

Yes. ?

Why? He doesn’t own any part of the club?

Very good point.

What % of NUFC does Justin own?

What % would MBS own?

Well he’s chairman of the company who were aiming to buy us, no?