PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, Ash2579 said:

I feel we’re going back in time a bit here, but with Saudis owning us and all these extremely high profile footballers moving to Saudi, as well as LIV golf etc this can only be a good thing for bringing the spotlight on living conditions there!

I hope it’s a force for good/change

36 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

I’m not really doubting anyone just feel a little unsure as to how anyone can outright claim anyone is a murderer without proof, there have been plenty of despots throughout history have been proved guilty of murder at least as wealthy, I believe what I believe & regardless what you or anyone else tells me to believe it wont ever change my thoughts however I respect your right to think that way, I dont. 

He’d need to be put on trial - and given it isn’t a crime against humanity, it would need to be a trial in KSA, not The Hague.

What do you think the chances are of the Crown Prince being brought up on accessory to murder charges in KSA?

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao etc - not a conviction between them.  Innocent, I take it?

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’d need to be put on trial - and given it isn’t a crime against humanity, it would need to be a trial in KSA, not The Hague.

What do you think the chances are of the Crown Prince being brought up on accessory to murder charges in KSA?

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao etc - not a conviction between them.  Innocent, I take it?

Gawd 

Just now, Ash2579 said:

Wow, MBS is a mass murdering ethnic cleansing monster now! Ok 

No, the point is that dictators tend not to be convicted for their crimes - certainly not without being toppled.  The idea that ‘hey, the CIA reckoned he did but there were no charges’ is a joke.  The CIA can’t charge him ffs

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Doesn't really matter whether he was involved with the Khassogi murder or not, he's got enough blood on his hands with all the executions happening in Saudi anyway IMO. 

Yep.  The country has no formal penal code, yet executes people like it’s going out of fashion.

Imagine backing a dictator who kills people who want democracy?

Initially I would engage and voice my opinions,about how supporting NUFC is not the same as loving the new owners and so on.

But when you constantly get slated for "ignoring atrocities for a new striker" and "loving everything Saudi" and "defending a murderous regime", just because you aren't constantly protesting about it.

I try to stay away from such discussion

🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, the point is that dictators tend not to be convicted for their crimes - certainly not without being toppled.  The idea that ‘hey, the CIA reckoned he did but there were no charges’ is a joke.  The CIA can’t charge him ffs

Bit rich of the CIA to point the finger at anybody regarding extra-judicial murder too, no?

Sure it would be very shocking to potentially see (a very small and stupid minority of) Newcastle fans cheering MBS on, but you’d hope the club realised inviting him would be a clear own goal. His brother attending the Carabao Cup final didn’t make much news but nobody knows who he is. 

4 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Death penalty is still a thing in the US. I guess Biden has blood on his hands. 

He does. 

But this type of ‘whatabouttery’ is easy when  you’re not actually living in a dictatorship.  Try walking down the streets of Washington DC, shouting ‘fuck Biden’ and calling for him to be expelled from office.  Then try that in Riyadh with MBS.  Which one do you think is more likely to result in your execution?

Edited by TheBrownBottle

It is also with pointing out that there is some at least democratic mandate in the us, where arguably the death penalty goes ahead because it's popular with the voters and Biden does not have the authority to end it completely as it would never get through the senate etc. Mbs is more directly responsible for the ills of his state as he is in a position of almost total power

US Presidents are far worse than MBS but that's a separate discussion.

Him attending a game would just be asking for trouble though, don't see a single benefit to it whilst the grief we as a club would get would be enormous.

Whilst I don't give a shit what others think I wouldn't want Eddie or the players being asked about MBS attending a game instead of being asked about football.