PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Someone on here a couple weeks ago made the point that a final decision on the training ground may be linked to a decision about the stadium. It's very possible there's some truth in that.

27 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Was reading through the recent Q&A session with NUFC journalists on The Athletic and there still doesn’t appear to be any movement on a new training facility. 

The refurbishment of Benton apparently has us up to “bottom-half PL level”, but no further developments seem to be happening.

Appreciate these are long-term, complex infrastructure projects, however I was hoping for more progress on definite plans at this stage and it’s a bit of a disappointment that we’re not further ahead on it.

Seems like (to an external observer) the wider infrastructure projects have stalled somewhat - St James expansion feasibility study outcome, NUFC academy, NUFC women’s facilities etc.

I find it odd the club haven’t hired some sort of “Head of Infrastructure” to work specifically on these massive projects

You'd think the Chronicle would be asking these questions. But they're now more focused this must have chair from Dunelm's that everyone is talking about.

Edited by Turnbull2000

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

You'd think the Chronicle would be asking these questions. But they're now more focused the this must have chair from Dunelm's that everyone is talking about.

Wait, what chair's that? There's a Dunelm near me and I wouldn't mind a new chair tbh.

The Chronice could publish the most well-written, thoroughly researched piece about a complete regeneration of St James Park but nobody would be able to read the fucking thing because of all the pop-ups and adverts.

9 minutes ago, Checko said:

Wait, what chair's that? There's a Dunelm near me and I wouldn't mind a new chair tbh.

Think that one might be gone now. But if you read the Chonic news today, there's a game-changing desk from Amazon that everyone is buzzing about.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Last thing I was told was that they want the ministry site in Longbenton for the new development and the existing training ground will be properly redeveloped too further down the line. The suggestion was they wanted to do a more sprawling, less insulated version of the Etihad Campus but working in partnership with the colleges and teams that have stuff around that area.

Not sure what that would mean in practice. Possibly the club purchasing the land, maintaining it, allowing local teams to use it whenever the club don’t need it?

No idea the veracity of this info like, even if I trust the person who told me and they could conceivably know. Do with it what you like.

Just now, christ said:

Last thing I was told was that they want the ministry site in Longbenton for the new development and the existing training ground will be properly redeveloped too further down the line. The suggestion was they wanted to do a more sprawling, less insulated version of the Etihad Campus but working in partnership with the colleges and teams that have stuff around that area.

Not sure what that would mean in practice. Possibly the club purchasing the land, maintaining it, allowing local teams to use it whenever the club don’t need it?

No idea the veracity of this info like, even if I trust the person who told me and they could conceivably know. Do with it what you like.

Aren’t Northumberland FA shifting out of their HQ too next to Benton? Could the club acquire that land and extend?

12 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Think that one might be gone now. But if you read the Chonic news today, there's a game-changing desk from Amazon that everyone is buzzing about.

Yes, and delighted shoppers are AMAZED that this limited offer which looks so expensive is actually so cheap!

As one delighted customer commented online "It's a boon!"

17 minutes ago, christ said:

The 'Ministry Site' where HMRC currently have their "Newcastle Regional Centre" at BPV (Benton Park View) is not in Longbenton - though it is very often "called" Longbenton.

BPV is in the High Heaton area of Newcastle, whereas Longbenton is a housing estate in nearby North Tyneside.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

The 'Ministry Site' where HMRC currently have their "Newcastle Regional Centre" at BPV (Benton Park View) is not in Longbenton - though it is very often "called" Longbenton.

BPV is in the High Heaton area of Newcastle, whereas Longbenton is a housing estate in nearby North Tyneside.

Fucking hell, I am sorry. Shall I go into exile?

7 minutes ago, christ said:

I think you should mate, scandalous misnaming of a beloved local area.

9 minutes ago, christ said:

Definitely, immediately, instantly . . . go directly to . . . S U N D E R L A N D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My folks still work at the ministry.  I’m going to call them out next time they call it Longbenton

No wonder nobody at hmrc turn up if they don't know where it is

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My folks still work at the ministry.  I’m going to call them out next time they call it Longbenton

Almost everyone calls it that, always have, always been wrong. It originally started because 'Longbenton' was the name of the rail station (now a Metro Station) that you got off at to go to the Ministry, and it eventually ended up that some people started calling the place itself 'Longbenton' too ! 

I don't think that will ever change, but it will not matter as everyone who works for HMRC there is moving into the City Centre soon, into 'Pilgrim Quarter', see attached . . . 

Pilgrim Quarter in EPS - HMRC from BPV, November 2021 (2).JPG

Edited by manorpark

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

No wonder nobody at hmrc turn up if they don't know where it is

I blame the Metro tbh.  Labelling that stop next to the Ministry as ‘Longbenton’ has exacerbated the misnaming which has led to so many lost working days

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Almost everyone calls it that, always have, always been wrong. It originally started because 'Longbenton' was the name of the rail station (now a Metro Station) that you got off at to go to the Ministry, and it eventually ended up that some people started calling the place itself 'Longbenton' too ! 

:) just made the railway point at the same time you posted 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I blame the Metro tbh.  Labelling that stop next to the Ministry as ‘Longbenton’ has exacerbated the misnaming which has led to so many lost working days

Nexus idiots ha

Just now, ponsaelius said:

It's been called Longbenton station even when it was a railway station.

Yes, as I said above.

In fact the railway station was actually built in that location because of the opening of the huge office complex we came to know as "The Ministry".

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That stop is literally in Longbenton :lol: