Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

7 hours ago, OverThere said:

Generally it's not a good idea to hire your relatives because you can't be objective. They may be great or may be terrible but either way you are not going to be objective.

Agree it just isn’t healthy in my opinion and find it hard to believe Howe junior would be employed by club if Eddie wasn’t there.

If he deserves his promotion from within due to performance so be it, but who made the decision to promote him and was the role advertised to find the best candidate, I’m guessing probably not.

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Definitely nothing suspect about a relative of the head coach being quickly promoted while the club are between sporting directors.

He's been in the role 2 months according to LinkedIn, so it would have been Ashworth who appointed him.

I swear people just want to be annoyed about something all the time. :lol:

2 hours ago, 54 said:

He's been in the role 2 months according to LinkedIn, so it would have been Ashworth who appointed him.

I swear people just want to be annoyed about something all the time. :lol:

Ahh fair enough.

I’m not angry, you’re angry.

Nepotism just inherently looks dodgy like, not sure why ‘people’ have such an issue accepting that.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

We've got no idea how good he is at his job, it's a strange thing to be frothing about [emoji38]

Eurgh. Can we not do this? No one is frothing. 

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Eurgh. Can we not do this? No one is frothing. 

Exactly my point, someone has been promoted at work and outsiders are commenting on it whilst knowing absolutely none of the facts, it's pathetic.

Let's not do it :)

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Exactly my point, someone has been promoted at work and outsiders are commenting on it whilst knowing absolutely none of the facts, it's pathetic.

Let's not do it :)

Wow.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Oh yeah nepotism is rank and it may be at work here, but he may also be very good at his job and have earned said promotion.

If he’s very good at his job wouldn’t other clubs been after him before we got him? 

Im not saying he’s bad or anything but we certainly could have appointed someone totally unrelated of the same profile. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If he’s very good at his job wouldn’t other clubs been after him before we got him? 

Im not saying he’s bad or anything but we certainly could have appointed someone totally unrelated of the same profile. 

Couldn't you make the same case for Eales, Ashworth, etc?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Couldn't you make the same case for Eales, Ashworth, etc?

Ashworth was poached by us at cost a fortune, he was linked with other jobs. 

regarding eales, nothing to suggest he’s actually elite at this point. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Eales did build a professional football club from absolutely nothing like, TBF. Surely that requires quite the skill set.

Edited by Dr Venkman

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

How do you know other clubs weren’t after him ? Not sure clubs being interested in scouts is widely publicised.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

How do you know other clubs weren’t after him ? Not sure clubs being interested in scouts is widely publicised.

Because he stick at a yo-yo club and high hardly suggest he was pulling in offers from the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Eales did build a professional football club from absolutely nothing like, TBF. Surely that requires quite the skill set.

The difficult part of the operation would be securing the funding, the rest is manageable by any competent administrator. 

And again, I’m not saying he’s bad or anything but setting up an MLS franchise doesn’t make him elite in my book. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

The difficult part of the operation would be securing the funding, the rest is manageable by any competent administrator. 

And again, I’m not saying he’s bad or anything but setting up an MLS franchise doesn’t make him elite in my book. 

Tough audience.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Fair enough :thup:

Michael Edwards who would be the number one choice of many was promoted from within at Liverpool.

Many dismissed Richard Hughes as a Howe stooge, until Edwards recommended him to Liverpool. He's highly thought of in general.

This could well have nepotistic undertones, it'd be daft to dismiss it out of hand,  but the idea folk who aren't "elite" don't get a sniff higher up the pecking order isn't particularly true.

43 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Oh yeah nepotism is rank and it may be at work here, but he may also be very good at his job and have earned said promotion.

It's rife in football, like. Do Danns, Koumas and Clark for example get their breaks at an early age if their dad's weren't professional footballers?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's rife in football, like. Do Danns, Koumas and Clark for example get their breaks at an early age if their dad's weren't professional footballers?

Danns a fantastic man.