Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Don't really get the Jones hate at all, think it's clear and was clear walking into the job he isn't a manager. This criticism seems misguided based on being tainted by the Bruce regime stank and raised expectations for a job he isn't qualified to do. 

Clearly he is rated in footballing circles for his ability as a coach not jobs for the boys, clearly players gravitated to him since being here and we clearly improved upon arrival. It is hard to know if it would have been much worse without him being there or how big an impact he has had but I am not going to write him off when he was surrounded by absolute dross and potentially with little ability to sway the three Steve's thinking that would have been stacked against him. It is seeping out despite trying to be classy that he didn't have as much of a say in things under Bruce and didn't agree with what was happening.

He absolutely has a genuine knowledge and love of this club and wants to be here in any capacity, ahead of furthering his career elsewhere. That was clear from his first presser, which is available to watch in full. I would recommend people watch him talk about the club in that. Id be shocked if there were many people at the club with his passion and knowledge of it. With his apparent standing/reputation and pure passion for this club I can see why the ownership wanted to keep him around. They would be silly not to when we are looking to go grass roots and rebuild trust in the area across all levels. I also have no problem with him saying he has reassurances when he is getting asked that question in press conferences, he is proud to be here. Again in the presser it's clear he would likely take any role in this set up whether it's with the first time or elsewhere. He is fanboying massively still. It is easy to say like Bruce, if he was a real fan he would have done something, he would have walked. That is all BS, we don't know what he has said, done, been blocked from doing and when you are that passionate about the club and confident in your abilities to contribute its hard to walk away. 

He has tried to be pragmatic and get the defence better drilled the past two weeks and it has looked better on that end bar the limitation of the players. I don't think there is an instant miracle cure and while I didn't like his selections or tactics much I don't think anyone would have changed those results. 

If he isn't up to the task or Howe doesn't work with him he will be moved on, simple but he clearly hasn't earned a reputation, clear admiration from players.

Some of the hate is frankly bizarre to me. 

Pretty much how I see it. :thup: 

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Don't really get the Jones hate at all, think it's clear and was clear walking into the job he isn't a manager. This criticism seems misguided based on being tainted by the Bruce regime stank and raised expectations for a job he isn't qualified to do. 

Clearly he is rated in footballing circles for his ability as a coach not jobs for the boys, clearly players gravitated to him since being here and we clearly improved upon arrival. It is hard to know if it would have been much worse without him being there or how big an impact he has had but I am not going to write him off when he was surrounded by absolute dross and potentially with little ability to sway the three Steve's thinking that would have been stacked against him. It is seeping out despite trying to be classy that he didn't have as much of a say in things under Bruce and didn't agree with what was happening.

He absolutely has a genuine knowledge and love of this club and wants to be here in any capacity, ahead of furthering his career elsewhere. That was clear from his first presser, which is available to watch in full. I would recommend people watch him talk about the club in that. Id be shocked if there were many people at the club with his passion and knowledge of it. With his apparent standing/reputation and pure passion for this club I can see why the ownership wanted to keep him around. They would be silly not to when we are looking to go grass roots and rebuild trust in the area across all levels. I also have no problem with him saying he has reassurances when he is getting asked that question in press conferences, he is proud to be here. Again in the presser it's clear he would likely take any role in this set up whether it's with the first time or elsewhere. He is fanboying massively still. It is easy to say like Bruce, if he was a real fan he would have done something, he would have walked. That is all BS, we don't know what he has said, done, been blocked from doing and when you are that passionate about the club and confident in your abilities to contribute its hard to walk away. 

He has tried to be pragmatic and get the defence better drilled the past two weeks and it has looked better on that end bar the limitation of the players. I don't think there is an instant miracle cure and while I didn't like his selections or tactics much I don't think anyone would have changed those results. 

If he isn't up to the task or Howe doesn't work with him he will be moved on, simple but he clearly hasn't earned a reputation, clear admiration from players.

It's not hate and has nothing to do with him being interim manager. It's just down to the evidence of the clip of the players that the whole coaching team is not good enough. The state of our team shows absolutely nothing of him being a good coach. The players look a total mess and it's mad to me how people don't seem to see that it wasn't just Bruce that had the players like that, but also his coaching team he surrounded himself with.

Edited by reefatoon

The majority of us have lost their minds because of the emotional whiplash going back to the fucking 80s. Jones is a coach. If the layer above him don’t have a plan for him to work to and an agreed strategy for how to make the players better in the framework of a football philosophy then he can make people run harder and do as many drills as he wants but it won’t translate to tangible improvement across the board.

He has never seemed like Ashley or Bruce’s man either so the flak coming his way is strange. Like he came in, did some work to keep us up, and then we got bought and he became a human meat shield while the club sorted out a manager. 

Just chill the fuck out lads, not everything has to be amazing or dogshit. 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It's not hate and has nothing to do with him being interim manager. It's just down to the evidence of the clip of the players that the whole coaching team is not good enough. The state of our team shows absolutely nothing of him being a good coach. The players look a total mess and it's mad to me how people don't seem to see that it wasn't just Bruce that had the players like that, but also his coaching team he surrounded himself with.

On the flip side to that, what is one individual coach meant to do in a shower of shit? As far as I am aware Jones has a decent standing reputation as a coach in the game, fairly certain Conner Coady came out and raved about how good he was when he was with England.

England had Bryan Robson in 96 and Don Howe 90 helping out in training so we shouldn't hang our hats on that. Though being just one of a number of coaches here is different to being a manager so shouldn't effect his future work with us.

Anyway can't wait for the Steve's to be rolled up

I honestly haven't given two shits about Jones since coming to terms with the fact he wasn't going to spell the end of Bruce. Couldn't imagine caring about his eventual role enough either way to defend him or actively call for his sacking. 

Seems utterly pointless judging his coaching ability based on him needing to try and keep an entire coaching set up afloat, a job he shouldn't have ever been tasked with in the first place.

If he's got uses that the new head coach/DoF deem worth keeping him around for then that's fine by me. If they sack him then take care and all the best. 

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, 54 said:

On the flip side to that, what is one individual coach meant to do in a shower of shit? As far as I am aware Jones has a decent standing reputation as a coach in the game, fairly certain Conner Coady came out and raved about how good he was when he was with England.

But how can we pick one coach out over the others? We can't say they have all done a shit job but he hasn't. He is part of that team that works on the players every day. We have looked ten times worse this season compared to last too and I am not blaming him personally for that, but looking at the state of them he has hardly came in and raised it has he.

Edited by reefatoon

12 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yes, finally some common sense

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

There’s been a few quotes from players about his good coaching

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

There’s been a few quotes from players about his good coaching

There has also been quotes from players about how good a manager Steve Bruce is. Means fuck all.

Edited by reefatoon

But how can we pick one coach out over the others? We can't say they have all done a shit job but he hasn't. He is part of that team that works on the players every day. We have looked ten times worse this season compared to last too and I am not blaming him personally for that, but looking at the state of them he has hardly came in and raised it has he.

I get that, and I agree with you but you can also still be a good coach, even if its in a bad setup, even in normal workplaces, you can be a really good worker but be surrounded by utter shite so your work gets under minded. Also, there was a direct correlation last season with him coming in and us getting results. 

There has also been quotes from players about how good a manager Steve Bruce is. Means fuck all.

Care to enlighten us on the types of players?

You seem to have a pathological hatred of him and his coaching based on very little.

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

I honestly haven't given two shits about Jones since coming to terms with the fact he wasn't going to spell the end of Bruce. Couldn't imagine caring about his eventual role enough either way to defend him or actively call for his sacking. 

Seems utterly pointless judging his coaching ability based on him needing to try and keep an entire coaching set up afloat, a job he shouldn't have ever been tasked with in the first place.

If he's got uses that the new head coach/DoF deem worth keeping him around for then that's fine by me. If they sack him then take care and all the best. 

This is the correct answer btw.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Clearly to others it is.

The Jones hate is weird. I mean have any of you seen him coach?

It's funny because i find your adamant defence of his weird too. Like sticking up for a relative. You seem to get really wounded if anyone says a bad thing about him. [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Care to enlighten us on the types of players?

You seem to have a pathological hatred of him and his coaching based on very little.

Willock gave an interview on the radio in the summer saying how great Steve Bruce is. ASM also said the same when Bruce was sacked. There is just two for you straight away. Didn't see you list any players like. Like I said before too, i don't hate the bloke at all, just don't think he should skip any criticism for the state our players are in as he is part of that coaching team that has us shit, unfit, clueless and sitting second bottom.

We really need to stop this pointless back and forth like. As i mentioned some other time we will never agree on the subject.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, ManDoon said:

When do we think this will be announced?

Will be interesting to see if he is in the stands tomorrow.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Willock gave an interview on the radio in the summer saying how great Steve Bruce is. ASM also said the same when Bruce was sacked. There is just two for you straight away. Didn't see you list any players like. Like I said before too, i don't hate the bloke at all, just don't think he should skip any criticism for the state our players are in as he is part of that coaching team that has us shit, unfit, clueless and sitting second bottom.

We really need to stop this pointless back and forth like. As i mentioned some other time we will never agree on the subject.

How great Bruce is at what? What did Willock and ASM say?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can't we just judge the results we see, like with every other manager and coach?

I actually personally think you can separate the two, you can be a good coach/ assistant, yet make an awful manager, there has been a load of cases of that happening. Our new (potential) assistant manager in Jason Tindall being the same, should we be annoyed that he could be getting appointed?

Also caretaker managers rarely do well too fwiw.