Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Yeah the specifics spook me too, almost sounds like directly passed on.

Hopefully he's just trying to be the one journalist saying it's off so he gets all the glory if he happens to be right.

I don't share others' negativity for Howe though. Did a brilliant job at Bournemouth and earned a shot at bigger job. Incomparable to Martínez.

10 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

If he's right let's hope that they have a good plan B. This is not very coherent or l impressive from our new owners so far, in fact if Emery does turn us down it's downright incompetence and doesn't bode well for the future. They really need to get a DOF in quickly as none of them appear qualified to make any football related decisions.

Also looks like the Plan B is Howe as according to reports, it was those two being interviewed at the weekend. I know some were trying to stick up for him earlier, personally I think he will be an absolute disaster.

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Yeah the specifics spook me too, almost sounds like directly passed on.

Hopefully he's just trying to be the one journalist saying it's off so he gets all the glory if he happens to be right.

I don't share others' negativity for Howe though. Did a brilliant job at Bournemouth and earned a shot at bigger job. Incomparable to Martínez.

Agree with your first two bits, but totally disagree with you last bit, I think he would be a disaster. 

So Craig Hope and Martin Hardy are both saying this'll be finalised in the coming days yet Balague is saying he'll fuck us off due to the uncertainty? Bizarre. Do have to say if the leak about Emery being #1 has come from the club that's quite poor imo, given he's still the manager of Villarreal and has had to take a CL game on the same night. Pay the compensation, get him agreeing to come then by all means. 

Need to just see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully Balague is talking shite, no idea if he's one to tend to.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Agree with your first two bits, but totally disagree with you last bit, I think he would be a disaster. 

How come? Can't say I watched Bournemouth a lot - but taking a club like Bournemouth up three divisions and establishing them as a PL club for several years seems like a massive achievement. Aye they got relegated in the end but the fact it took them that long seems like an achievement.

(shit that journos got a million followers ?!?!)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

So Craig Hope and Martin Hardy are both saying this'll be finalised in the coming days yet Balague is saying he'll fuck us off due to the uncertainty? Bizarre. Do have to say if the leak about Emery being #1 has come from the club that's quite poor imo, given he's still the manager of Villareal and has had to take a CL game on the same night. Pay the compensation, get him agreeing to come then by all means. 

Need to just see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully Balague is talking shite, no idea if he's one to tend to.

That's the thing. My guess is the dude has to sleep on it and these guys don't know. Should be clear tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Seriously. Fucks he going on about here? So Emery had an interview with Staveley etc And agreed to take the job, but now after playing Young Boys he's got no idea about the vision of the club? 

Yeah seems fishy this, I think it’s quite clear they are trying to set up the structures so we have the right people in the right positions. 

We have no reports of us going for Xavi or Low either. 

It reads like 'I think Emery will reject Newcastle because it seems like it's not got structure in place and the leak/uncertainty may have him getting cold feet.'

Need to just see what tomorrow brings. Do agree about the leak and uncertainty though, if it's come from the club. You don't leak that when he's still managing another club and has a relatively important game on the same day. Really poor imo.

It very much sounds like stavely thought he was a yes and told her journos, but he never actually agreed or saw a firm offer and has had 24 hours of feeling bounced into it. The idea that he says no now and comes back to it in a year is for the birds, if he doesn’t want the job and causes ructions he won’t get the offer again. 

What worries me is that we are 2 weeks into it and Howe is the other name. I really think we are in turbo bother unless we get a big time manager in now to attract quality in January. Howe isn’t going to do that whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

How come? Can't say I watched Bournemouth a lot - but taking a club like Bournemouth up three divisions and establishing them as a PL club for several years seems like a massive achievement. Aye they got relegated in the end but the fact it took them that long seems like an achievement.

I look at the many poor signings he made and the amount of goals conceded every season. He also went to Burnley and couldn’t handle it. As I said I don’t rate him at all and think he will be like a rabbit caught in the headlights up here. He may well be coming here now though. 

I can definitely see him being upset about the leak, but I don't really understand the rest. Did just that make him go from wanting the job to not being sure about the plans or how much power he would have? :lol:

Hopefully Balague is wrong, but I'm going to guess he's not

I’d say he was pissed off he had to answer questions about the nufc job on the day of a CL match.

Someone leaked this story well before it was ready to be.

Sounds like Ballague has been on the wine, of course we don’t have a structure like Man City in place, it took them several years to do that.

If anyone had an issue like that this wouldn’t have even gotten to interview stage.