Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Howe has enough credit in the bank to be allowed to have a dodgy season and at the moment I wouldn't quite describe it as a dodgy season but it feels like it is heading that way

This recent run has been poor and he rightly should be questioned/criticised for decisions made 

I've said it recently and it's even more true after today but he really needs to be ruthless, if next season the likes of Burn/Miggy are starting then he only has himself to blame and that is what will be his downfall

44 minutes ago, Dan said:

If Howe was sacked, how much would it cost to get Xabi Alonso out of Leverkusen? 

You think Alonso is leaving Leverkusen this season?

They are 4 points clear in the Bundesliga and a top seed in the CL 2nd round.  

He’s one of the few managers I would trade Howe for. But I reckon he is Real bound at the end of the season with Carlo going to Brazil. He could possibly come here but certainly not this season. 

2 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

Howe’s team selection is like someone who tries to breeze through the entire season of Football Manager in one day, without touching the starting lineup or tactics in between games.

This is funny. 

He does start players listed as ‘tired’ though. 100%. In a few cases even through the FTG flag.  

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I've said it recently and it's even more true after today but he really needs to be ruthless, if next season the likes of Burn/Miggy are starting then he only has himself to blame and that is what will be his downfall

That wouldn't be solely down to Howe as he's not in charge of recruitment. I'd place more responsibility on Ashworth but even then I don't know how true that would be as the owners are quite hands on. 

19 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

The real disappointment is that during this difficult period, I don’t think anyone could point to something Howe has tried differently (and please call me out if you disagree!). There is simply no evidence of any tactical flexibility.

Hopefully he’ll reflect and act, because I don’t think simply waiting for players to recharge / getting a couple more bodies back and hoping it’ll all come together again, is tenable. 

I didn’t see it but people said we went 4231 against Luton for 20 minutes. 

I’m with you from what I’ve seen. 

He was like this last season too. We just got back on track much quicker 

5 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

He’s been badly let down by players he trusted in the last two games. Team selection at Liverpool will be interesting

This was probably the game to switch it up. It's unfair to make massive changes and then judge those coming in against one of the top teams in the league. They'll get benched again. 

14 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Howe has enough credit in the bank to be allowed to have a dodgy season and at the moment I wouldn't quite describe it as a dodgy season but it feels like it is heading that way

This recent run has been poor and he rightly should be questioned/criticised for decisions made 

Yeah, but surely there’s no chance that Howe actually wants that? 

6 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Absolutely he’s got credit - and I think the frustration here is everyone loves and wants him to do well. But he’s equally been heavily backed.

Whilst a a 5-7th finish would represent consolidation and a solid return on investment; finishing outside of a European space would be us going backwards, potentially quite detrimentally, with the calibre of players we’ve got at our disposal (do we retain an ambitious Bruno or Isak for example). 

11 minutes ago, macphisto said:

That wouldn't be solely down to Howe as he's not in charge of recruitment. I'd place more responsibility on Ashworth but even then I don't know how true that would be as the owners are quite hands on. 

Agreed 

I guess it's difficult to predict what next season looks like but if he's picking Burn when Livramento is on the bench then that's on him

And when it comes to Miggy he needs to be making it clear to the club he needs a RW and that Miggy can be sold 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Every area I thought we really needed to strengthen in the summer didn’t get done, that’s the main issue for me currently. Going forward I think this will be addressed.

What was that though? I think a goal scoring wide man and good central midfielder was exactly what we needed.  

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Winger, central midfield? 

A starting Left back, RW and DM, a pacey CB as well. Obviously only my opinion but I thought they where the biggest areas for upgrade needed in the summer, and still are today.