Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

9 hours ago, Ikon said:

Would it have been better to rest a few players no matter how much it might have weakened us in a couple of games? I think so. At least it would have meant that these players would be more fresh long term and able to compete close to their ability. Fatique affects us and the players no doubt, but it’s more of a mentality thing imo. 

To rest for who ? And if we had played Alex Murphy to put Schar on the bench for example and we'd got beat thus place would have been apoplectic.

I'm all for resting players but you have to have others to bring in and beyond Tino for Trippier at Wolves it's pretty thin on the ground. Go look at our match day squads since West Ham.

I really hope Newcastle fans at the start of the game tomorrow belt out Eddie Howes black-and-white army at the top of their voices. He needs the support at this moment in time in fact the whole team does. In my opinion, we’d be mad to get rid of him even if there’s heaven forbid a bad result against Sunderland in the cup. I love the guy and hope he succeeds here.

Merry Christmas everyone. & all the best in the new year.:indi:

We have received many similar goals this season, and I think not having a sitting midfielder definitely played into that. How many times did it happen when all of our 3 midfielders are in and around their penalty area only for us to lose the ball and have their players run through the centre of the park unchallenged all the way to our penalty area. 

I understand our style of constant running should prevent this, but it also allows for such goals if a mistake is made. 

I’ve been very vocal with my support of Howe as he’s class but dropping Tino makes absolutely zero sense. Doesn’t even work with his plan of only replacing people if they’ve had a poor run as Tino has been faultless 

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve been very vocal with my support of Howe as he’s class but dropping Tino makes absolutely zero sense. Doesn’t even work with his plan of only replacing people if they’ve had a poor run as Tino has been faultless 

Carrying a knock according to Shadow Puppets

Not jumping on the bandwagon of wanting him out, but realistically going by today I'll be surprised it he's still in a job come February.

By that point we'll likely be around 10th, (next 3 league games Liverpool, Man City and Villa) and more than likely be knocked out the cup by the mackems.

People talk about him learning from his mistakes because he’s a student of the game. There’s absolutely no sign of it! Just more of the same old shit, and the fateeeeeg argument doesn’t wash any more. This is just tactical suicide against a team who were always going to play on the counter