Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He deserves to see out the season and start next season, however a loss to Sunderland will make a lot of people turn on him, he is doing more wrong than right at the moment.

If you're going to pull the trigger (I would not, right now) you ideally do it in the summer. 

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You think Alonso is leaving Leverkusen this season?

They are 4 points clear in the Bundesliga and a top seed in the CL 2nd round.  

He’s one of the few managers I would trade Howe for. But I reckon he is Real bound at the end of the season with Carlo going to Brazil. He could possibly come here but certainly not this season. 

He would be my pick if they did move on. 100 percent. Not advocating it, just in that instance. Prob get one shot at him when he leaves Leverkusen 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

See the above post, just my opinion of course.

We ended up with a good LB in Livermento if Barnes hadn't got injured he'd have been able to play Gordon at RW and Tonali would have been good In the centre. Probably didn't have enough left with ffp for a CB?

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Though the weird thing is that we might view Howe’s reign as successful to date and we’re calling for patience, because we know what we’ve been in the recent past.

It may be that the ownership don’t view it as successful on their own terms, and their expectation is for what they consider success, not us. 

We are ( despite this season ) ahead of schedule . They will have a long term plan and so far Howe has us further ahead than they thought we'd be . If , however , this season is repeated next season , then yes he will be under pressure . 

5 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Fuck me the usual yoootooob fuckwits out in full force chatting shit

And I ain't saying the man deserves zero criticism but it has to be fair, reasonable and taking full context into consideration.

I dont see too many saying too much? Howe has my support 100%. I do think some things could have been done differently though. 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

We ended up with a good LB in Livermento if Barnes hadn't got injured he'd have been able to play Gordon at RW and Tonali would have been good In the centre. Probably didn't have enough left with ffp for a CB?

But even there you are almost putting square pegs in round holes. For where we want to be, I think we should have really upgraded the areas I mentioned with top quality in that position. We didn’t and are suffering now as a result imo.

Just now, Ikon said:

I dont see too many saying too much? Howe has my support 100%. I do think some things could have been done differently though. 

I didn't mean this forum, I meant from the neutrals and YouTube "pundits"

See this moronic video:

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A starting Left back, RW and DM, a pacey CB as well. Obviously only my opinion but I thought they where the biggest areas for upgrade needed in the summer, and still are today.

Fair I guess, you could argue Barnes was the winger who adds goals and Tonali was the complement to Bruno and together they would complete the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But even there you are almost putting square pegs in round holes. For where we want to be, I think we should have really upgraded the areas I mentioned with top quality in that position. We didn’t and are suffering now as a result imo.

It isn't square pegs at all though? If everyone was fit Barnes would be our starting LW and Gordon RW...if Tonali and been starting alongside Bruno no one would be calling for a DM it's easy to say this things in hindsight, howe has been fucke by injuries. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

This. And I don’t see our wingers offering much against low block teams. Said before the season started that teams are gonna start playing differently against us, and most of all be more aware of us and how we play. Said that we need more technical ability and try to evolve more towards a balance between high intensity and technical/possession based team to get to the next level. All the injuries and so on definitely hasn’t helped obviously. I think Barnes will offer us good quality in some games but he isn’t a player I would have signed as I don’t see him good enough in general play or against team that sit deeper. Especially with Gordon here already. 

It isn't square pegs at all though? If everyone was fit Barnes would be our starting LW and Gordon RW...if Tonali and been starting alongside Bruno no one would be calling for a DM it's easy to say this things in hindsight, howe has been fucke by injuries. 

It is when you look at my initial post, I said RW and DM for me and none of the players play that position. 

The Bruno/Tonali midfield was a problem early in the season iirc. Both occupying each others spaces and the midfield being wide open. We needed a DM then 

I still think we'll make top 7. We're up there already despite all our issues and we'll be infinitely stronger in the 2nd half of the season with fewer injuries and games. If we can get through a grim looking January still in the FA Cup and reset from there we'll be fine.

58 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He'll be the next one Man Utd or (more likely) Chelsea throw a fortune at to recruit before chewing him up, spitting him out and sacking him 9-12 months later. They love the latest toys. FWIW, he seems class and I hope he at least doesn't end up at either of those.

Xabi Alonso’s Liverpool links will stop that happening.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

The Bruno/Tonali midfield was a problem early in the season iirc. Both occupying each others spaces and the midfield being wide open. We needed a DM then 

Way too little information to conclude anything though. They’re both amazing players, every reason to believe it would have worked brilliantly given a little time. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It is when you look at my initial post, I said RW and DM for me and none of the players play that position. 

Except they were signed to fix those positions. Like I said Barnes would have been our starting LW, 13 goals last season and a 40 million signing? You think that was for the bench? No wed have played both him and Gordon. Tonali is a DM/CM he was signed for 50 million to start alongside Bruno. 

13 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

He would be my pick if they did move on. 100 percent. Not advocating it, just in that instance. Prob get one shot at him when he leaves Leverkusen 

He's the standout manager who isn't at one of those mega clubs.

Possibly similar to Mourinho at Porto in that sense but he hasn't actually won anything but because of his stature as a player and his current achievements he's at the top of the list.

Even if we were doing better, he still stands out. Managing the European campaign well helps too.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Way too little information to conclude anything though. They’re both amazing players, every reason to believe it would have worked brilliantly given a little time. 

I’m not sure Tonali was amazing for us tbf. But neither are prone to play defensively and our midfield was wide open with both of them playing. 

Except they were signed to fix those positions. Like I said Barnes would have been our starting LW, 13 goals last season and a 40 million signing? You think that was for the bench? No wed have played both him and Gordon. Tonali is a DM/CM he was signed for 50 million to start alongside Bruno. 

No I don’t think he was for  the bench, I’m not saying that, I said imo we needed a top class DM and top class RW and neither Tonali or Barnes are because that isn’t their position. 

It’s alright saying we would have moved Gordon but he isn’t a RW either. 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

I’m not sure Tonali was amazing for us tbf. But neither are prone to play defensively and our midfield was wide open with both of them playing. 

No he wasn’t, that’s not my point. He’s proven to be a top player and he had just signed.