Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Can please stop this Howe out chat and reassess in the summer and can we absolutely stop this Mourinho in shit.

Jose Mourinho Agree GIF by AS Roma

13 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Mou rumours have been rumbling for months .. 

They started all the way back in 2019 when the first rumors of Saudi ownership emerged.[emoji38] Been on and off ever since.

Appointing Mourinho would be the same sort of star-fucking mistake that saw us appoint Gerrard, and Blues appoint Rooney.

It would be absolutely idiotic to think that someone like him is more the man for this moment than Howe, and - to be honest - most managers already working in the PL.

4 hours ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, it's not like any fans has ever been right about criticizing a manager on a part of his game, despite not being experts. Right?

You need UEFA qualifications before you can criticise something you are not happy about pal

11 hours ago, brummie said:

Appointing Mourinho would be the same sort of star-fucking mistake that saw us appoint Gerrard, and Blues appoint Rooney.

It would be absolutely idiotic to think that someone like him is more the man for this moment than Howe, and - to be honest - most managers already working in the PL.

Not quite the same in that Mourinho has an actual record at the highest level (however long ago) but aye, agree with the mistake point.  I love the bloke to bits but I don't know that I'd want him managing my club the way football is in 2024.

Edited by OpenC

16 minutes ago, brummie said:

Nowhere near the same. Different sport territory.

I'm a bigger fan of mourinho than most, and more critical of Howe recently than most, but christ, I do not want this to happen. Howe is the future, mourinho like rafa is an era which is ending. It makes no sense.

Mourinho won with a Chelsea team that was created with unlimited funds.

I won’t dispute that he is a mint manager.

But Eddie can make a roast dinner with an apple core. Has squeezed every last drop of football out of players who probably never thought they would ever get to such a peak in their lives.

None of our players will improve at another club. All of them would either be the same or deteriorate. 

Other than Pep. I don’t honestly see a better manager for this club. 

Eddie brings everything I want and more to this club. 

Remember when we asked for a team that tries.

We can’t ask for more than that surely.

My head explodes with expectations of consistent top 4 finishes. Silverware every season. All players should be 100mill plus signings.

FFP and FMV might just stop us from ever catching them big 6. But we are in a better position now that we have been for so long. I no longer care. I am enjoying every game I see. Passion, blood, sweat, tears, emotion. It’s all back.

Edited by Infatuation Junkie

20 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

But Eddie can make a roast dinner with an apple core. Has squeezed every last drop of football out of players who probably never thought they would ever get to such a peak in their lives.

None of our players will improve at another club. All of them would either be the same or deteriorate. 

My head explodes with expectations of consistent top 4 finishes. Silverware every season. All players should be 100mill plus signings.

FFP and FMV might just stop us from ever catching them big 6. But we are in a better position now that we have been for so long. I no longer care. I am enjoying every game I see. Passion, blood, sweat, tears, emotion. It’s all back.

It will take years and two steps forward and right now it’s one step back.

The injuries have been horrific. We have to accept that this is going to take time.

We are a top 8 club slightly under performing due to injuries. And a bit of bad luck.

This season was always going to be difficult.

Howe is the man to lead us going forward. I know he’s made mistakes but he’s never had to deal with an injury crisis this bad before.

Ive never seen it so bad. And you couldn’t predict the Tonali situation. He owes us big Time when he gets back.

Just got to learn from this season.

It will be good. The journey will be a roller coaster.

22 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

IMG_0257.thumb.png.9fed1186532e107644e3ccbaf0778ca2.png

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Whilst the sentiment is correct the examples aren’t anywhere near the same. Gerrard and Rooney were nobodies in the world of management, Jose has won everything there is to win. 

But yeah, absolutely don’t want Eddie replaced with him or anyone else for that matter. He has earned another season with a fully fit squad 100x over. 

Love Eddie but Mourinho is one of the greatest managers in football history and someone who wins tournaments wherever he goes so if things are still  as they are in the summer its a logical step.

Plus the student of Bobby Robson coming to win us our first trophy in 70 years is one hell of a story.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Now would be the perfect time to nail down Howe to a 5 year deal. If thry believe he's the man for now and for the future, then do it. 

Probably can't afford to.

Anyone advocating replacing Howe with Mourinho needs to be fired into the sun like, thankfully it looks like almost entirely newspaper wank rather than actual fan talk. 

17 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Love Eddie but Mourinho is one of the greatest managers in football history and someone who wins tournaments wherever he goes so if things are still  as they are in the summer its a logical step.

Plus the student of Bobby Robson coming to win us our first trophy in 70 years is one hell of a story.

we should also sign drogba to play up top 

4 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Dr Jinx and someone else suggested such madness. Possibly just a wind up

Wasn’t suggesting it. I’m just aware it’s an option the club have possibly looked at.

Hes got positives to his resume, chiefly being a serial winner of trophies. He’s done it at most of his jobs.

It would be a massive change in style and ethos at the club though so it’s highly unlikely to ever happen.

Michel from Girona is a different prospect though, he’s going right to the top, probably to Barca unless an English club can get in first. Cut from same cloth as Pep. That’s something we should be all over with a view to a season or two down the line. Remember how long it took City to woo Pep.. that’s what’s involved in bringing the elite here.