Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

The summer transfer window is so important. Our lack of pace needs to be addressed. A proper left back and a centre back need to be purchased that both have pace. Preferably a central midfielder as well that can be defence minded but also fit into Howe’s style. 

Howe can’t continue to play a high pressing game with a high line with the lack of pace we have got, teams are figuring it out 

Tonali is very quick. The midfield 3 with him and either of the Joe's would make a huge difference. The current 3 we are forced to play is leaving the defence exposed a lot, particularly on transitions. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Throw in Joelinton, Willock and Tonali and we are a much stronger, faster, powerful and athletic team.  

A fit Joelinton and we win that game.  

Yeah I agree and that’s why I think the central midfielder is less important in the summer when everyone is back but going forward we need more pace at the back and for the rest of this season, Tino has to start for me. 

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

Wow. :lol: If the end of the season is a mess he probably will go, but we can still get European football and a good run in the FA Cup. Let’s not give up on the man just yet. 

He probably won’t go. 

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

Yeah I agree and that’s why I think the central midfielder is less important in the summer when everyone is back but going forward we need more pace at the back and for the rest of this season, Tino has to start for me. 

We still need another passer in the team. All our passing is from Tripps, Schar and Bruno. Nobody else does anything penetrative or cute.

We normally have at least 1 dribbley CM which we’ve missed 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We still need another passer in the team. All our passing is from Tripps, Schar and Bruno. Nobody else does anything penetrative or cute.

Hopefully once he has fully settled, Tonali can offer that. He showed signs of it before his ban

I love Eddie and really want him to do well. Just wish he didnt annoy me so damn much with his decisions sometimes.

Ill probably get over it tomorrow. If Burn starts against another pacey winger though..

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Meaning, what? Dock his wages? Sack him? Public humiliation? What must we do given we cannot accept this? What are the repercussions?

Sqad! Present..........

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Miley has a great pass in him. His overall play will also improve every year going on.

This season with the injuries were a side stretching to compete for the dregs of the European places and Luton have been a problem for everyone this season and in with a shot of staying up. Its not a 3rd round cup tie against a lower league club just because Luton are a small club. They're little different to Everton on the field.

Were not Manchester City where we should walk every home game against anybody outside the top 7. 

The biggest critics are the first to point that out time and again in their comments on the manager/players and yet react like we are whenever we drop points.

Everyone is disappointed at the result. Generally though nobody should be disappointed with the club/manager/players

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Miley has a great pass in him. His overall play will also improve every year going on.

Would rather he didn’t play very much next season. He’s not ready imo. Needs to develop physically. When he’s 19/20 he’ll be ready for serious minutes. 

I think conceding 4 at at home to Luton may result in Burn being dropped for Tino - so far this appears to be Howe's major blind spot, like the Forest game what happened today just seemed inevitable 

overall still doing a great job and would hate for player loyalty to be his downfall 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Burn helped us win any? Or had any role in us having our best defensive season ever? 

Not near the amount Trippier has. I can take a Trippier mistake here and there when he is contributing so much to our game. 

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

I think conceding 4 at at home to Luton may result in Burn being dropped for Tino - so far this appears to be Howe's major blind spot, like the Forest game what happened today just seemed inevitable 

overall still doing a great job and would hate for player loyalty to be his downfall 

I still think there’s a tactical element to it from Howe - Burn tucking in when Trippier bombs forward - but it has probably run its course at this point.

Let’s see what happens.  KK and BR had their favourites too, tbh.  I think that BDB really misses having the Joes on the left side with him. 

Just now, Displayname said:

I love Eddie and really want him to do well. Just wish he didnt annoy me so damn much with his decisions sometimes.

Ill probably get over it tomorrow. If Burn starts against another pacey winger though..

It's a fair concern.

We seemed to be looking for a first team left back at one point, but then seemed to have put that on the back burner to prioritise other areas. Hopefully we go back to that.

Regarding manager player decisions, every manager has their quirks. I think Burn featuring today had a lot to do with their set piece threat and countering that. The last two seasons we've seen both Mourinho and Conte completely push Bissouma out of being selected completely , which is far more disgraceful than anything Howe has even come close to doing.

We've just battered Villa 4 - 1 prior to today's game with Burn going against some tricky pace players, just didn't work out today. 

Howe is doing just fine, and better days are coming as the squad continues to evolve. Losing him would be a big step backwards.

That scene in Moneyball where the manager keeps playing a player that doesn’t fit into the system they’re trying to build so Brad Pitt sells him, reminds me of us right now.
We basically need the board to release Dan Burn on a free so Eddie can get over his damaging obsession, and is forced to pick someone who deserves a first team spot. I think it’s the only way

2 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Tino for Burn is not tactically like-for-like, and it restricts Howe's preferred use of Trippier. I'd still do it, because Dan Burn is shit, but whatever. 

Not sure about the Howe's preferred use part, but with Trippier and Tino on we are less predictable. 

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Not sure about the Howe's preferred use part, but with Trippier and Tino on we are less predictable. 

Burn often becomes a left-sided centre back in possession, with Trippier basically moving into midfield. Livramento a pretty different profile. 

2 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Literally every top team and every elite manager uses two pacey, mobile, creative fullbacks.
Eddie isn’t better than all of them and doesn’t know something they don’t. There’s a very obvious reason none of them use a 6 foot 7 lumbering giant who moves like a 4 story blocks of flats at full back. Because it’s a shit idea and it isn’t effective!