Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Can I just recap here, for a second. 

Howe comes in. Stops the rot, turns it around 

1st full year. 4th (Cup final) 

2nd full year. 7th (with an absolutely shit show of injuries and fixtures) 

And he's lost alot of goodwill??? 

Fucking clowns

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Sorry, I've had a drink. (Penultimate day of holidays) There is a lot of care and kind words in there, appreciated. Truly.  I had hoped you'd read between the lines with me, but my positing and emotion directly links to another thread I'm quite busy in. I have good days and bad days. I was a fucking nightmare poster 15 years ago due to going through a breakdown, and really self sabotage. Realistically I shouldn't even have an account here, thankfully the mods seen there was something worth keeping.

Still for the life of me hand on heart don't remember that Gerrard comment. It's one of those where I'll never live it down, just wish I could own it properly by remembering saying it. It's a brutal reminder, of my mood swings. 😂 

I'm sorry too, man. I'd be bummed if you weren't around here, dude. We have some disagreement on this, but over the years, I have largely agreed with your posts, and have appreciated your insight.

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Fucking clowns

Aye its not Howes fault he hasn't been backed in the transfer market 

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Fucking clowns

Aye but several knackas are still blaming him for not splashing out in January, presumably they would all be happy selling Bruno/Gordon cos minteh and Anderson barely covered the black hole as it eas

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I'm sorry too, man. I'd be bummed if you weren't around here, dude. We have some disagreement on this, but over the years, I have largely agreed with your posts, and have appreciated your insight.

Flowers Mom GIF by Top Rank Boxing

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

What, that we didn’t keep bidding higher and higher for Guehi? We’ve had the piss ripped out of us. 

Edited by J7

9 minutes ago, J7 said:

What, that we didn’t keep bidding higher and higher for Guehi? We’ve had the piss ripped out of us. 

Nee right winger though and Fraser he still here 

19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Fucking clowns

A certain manager 2 decade back was able to achieve b2b UCL qualification.

Unable to make it 3rd time in a row and supporters turn against him and he was a local lad aswell unlike Howe.

It's that easy.

Now most would deny the later part ever happen but articles from that time still exist in internet or the screenshots .

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

13 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Aye but several knackas are still blaming him for not splashing out in January, presumably they would all be happy selling Bruno/Gordon cos minteh and Anderson barely covered the black hole as it eas

People believe any old shite that suits their perspective. We've no idea what's gone on, behind closed doors, from day 1 when it comes to transfers. In and out. 

Purely conjecture driven by journalists, pundits and Internet gobshites that know diddly squat. 

They'll be booing on Sunday these knackers. 

32 minutes ago, Heron said:

Actually a bit surprised by this tbf. But the vast majority of expenditure is across the years since the Saudis arrived, and I certainly don't think we've underperformed based on said signings. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. Etc.

Net spend is a bad metric because we've had nothing to sell and it's the crux of our problem. Since the takeover we've sold 30 year old Jonjo Shelvey, Maxi, Darlow for the price of a 4 bedroom house, and Anderson (plus Wood and Minteh who we brought in and out). Having desirable players to sell would have changed everything for us and it's the biggest advantage Villa have had in starting from a similar place.

I don’t think Howe has lost any goodwill. However I would say he didn’t help himself by backing the club to the corner, resulting a make-or-break season for both the club and himself. He didn’t get any reinforcement, his relationship with Mitchell in doubt, the players getting extra pressure…

I think if there’s one more quarrelling with the management, he would simply walk and go for the England job.

Just now, Zero said:

I don’t think Howe has lost any goodwill. However I would say he didn’t help himself by backing the club to the corner, resulting a make-or-break season for both the club and himself. He didn’t get any reinforcement, his relationship with Mitchell in doubt, the players getting extra pressure…

I think if there’s one more quarrelling with the management, he would simply walk and go for the England job.

Based on fuck all squared

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

We all know how important it is for this season, a top 6 finish is the minimum requirement - and we have no reinforcements except that Osula. Of course we are at the corner already. 

If you know Mitchell’s history, he must not be the type of DOF that would go for “Guehi or nothing” route. This is totally opposite to his style.

7 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Mental isn’t it - we have a manager who only ever walked away from one club (Burnley) in 16 years of management apparently going to quit because he theoretically hasn’t been backed enough in this window to his liking.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Mental isn’t it - we have a manager who only ever walked away from one club (Burnley) in 16 years of management apparently going to quit because he theoretically hasn’t been backed enough in this window to his liking.

And that was because his mother died by all accounts too.

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

We all know how important it is for this season, a top 6 finish is the minimum requirement - and we have no reinforcements except that Osula. Of course we are at the corner already. 

If you know Mitchell’s history, he must not be the type of DOF that would go for “Guehi or nothing” route. This is totally opposite to his style.

Isn’t this the first time he’s ever been in this role? How does he have a style already - so many things bring pulled out of thin air in here.  

None of us know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Isn’t this the first time he’s ever been in this role? How does he have a style already - so many things bring pulled out of thin air in here.  

None of us know what’s going on behind closed doors.

First time Mitchell has been in a sporting director role ?

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He walked away from Bournemouth didn't he?

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

He walked away from Bournemouth didn't he?

To take the Burnley job the first time I think but returned back and wiki states he turned several other offers down sitting his time there, he doesn’t seem like a quitter to me. Second time he left on mutual consent after relegation, that sounds like just falling on the sword to me.

Edited by Gawalls