Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Gawalls said:

To take the Burnley job the first time I think but returned back and wiki states he turned several other offers down sitting his time there, he doesn’t seem like a quitter to me.

Didn’t he leave when they got relegated back to the championship?

57 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If we don’t sign anyone then it is worth a bet on him being the next England manager.

I think a big part of why England are waiting to appoint a new manager is to see what happens with Eddie in the next few months , if things aren't going well here and he feels he hasn't been backed this window he will get the England job.

1 minute ago, BottledDog said:

I'd love to get into the minds of people who think they know the mind of Eddie Howe. The confidence in their assertions is a wonder to behold.

Can I give you a thumbs up for that comment? Were you including me in that assumption or not?

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Can I give you a thumbs up for that comment? Were you including me in that assumption or not?

Not in any way, no. And yes (or vice versa reading forwards). :lol: 

Just a plaintive cry against looking to deeply into the thoughts of people we have no direct contact with.

Likely I'm just on the spectrum and can't quite get on a handle on the undoubted talents of the body language experts tbf.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

IF (and I don’t believe it) there are conflicts between the manager and senior staff, you have to just change the manager. No other option.

Or they can acknowledge they're 2 months into a new working arrangement and work things out and move forward with a plan?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Or they can acknowledge they're 2 months into a new working arrangement and work things out and move forward with a plan?

Nah because that would make too much sense. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That would be ideal yes. Not sure it ever happens 😂 As I say though, it’s likely to be press bollocks.

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They had all summer to make a couple of signings. Failing that, at least get in a CB. I don't know who's doing the planning but they've made a pig's ear of it.

On 28/08/2024 at 23:48, Wandy said:

You missed the opposition literally throwing away a golden opportunity in the penalty shootout? Those two Forest misses were a gift from the footballing Gods.

Textbook definition of glass half empty, this. I saw our players react more professionally to a high pressure situation.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

They had all summer to make a couple of signings. Failing that, at least get in a CB. I don't know who's doing the planning but they've made a pig's ear of it.

We have made a couple of signings, and we have gotten in a CB though? :lol:

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Thanks Nick, for your relentlessly shite takes

Just speaking the truth, you telling me the side doesn’t already look stale and clueless? Every team we’re competing against has strengthened considerably, yet we have gone backwards because of someone’s apparent stubbornness, poor season ahead and in my view the only way to fix it will be a manger change in a few months. 

Edited by nufcnick

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Just speaking the truth, you telling me the side doesn’t already look stale and clueless?

I’m inclined to agree that by limiting your targets to a tiny pool has the manager putting himself under pressure, but to say the team is stale and clueless is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Just speaking the truth, you telling me the side doesn’t already look stale and clueless?

Aye, three games is enough to judge the side. I agree. Why don’t you stop running your mouth with every single post laced with piss-ridden negativity. Has the window been shit? Yeah. Does it mean that we just accept as fact a bunch of fantasyland bullshit that you and others have made up because you see the world through a broken lens? Nah 

2 minutes ago, J7 said:

I’m inclined to agree that by limiting your targets to a tiny pool has the manager putting himself under pressure, but to say the team is stale and clueless is ridiculous. 

Did you miss the first 3 games?

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Aye, three games is enough to judge the side. I agree. Why don’t you stop running your mouth with every single post laced with piss-ridden negativity. Has the window been shit? Yeah. Does it mean that we just accept as fact a bunch of fantasyland bullshit that you and others have made up because you see the world through a broken lens? Nah 

Feel free to apologise in a few months when it turns out I’m right