Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

32 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Many of our home victories have been massively helped by the atmosphere at SJP. Players, coaches and board members have all alluded to this. Atmosphere has been non existent at times this season. Brighton was a perfect example. 

We began running before we could walk with what the likes of Silverstone et al have implemented/tried to implement. 

I was thinking earlier on just how much the Club have gotten wrong off the pitch since the summer of 2023 (placement of singing section, standing areas, ballots etc).

I’m not sure they quite know what they’re doing in all honesty. 

We’re now seeing a knock on effect of those very decisions in regards to the atmosphere that were so pivotal in 21-22 and 22-23. 

Am I bitter? Well…yes.

Am I wrong? Others can be the judge of that.

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

When we almost beat Liverpool at home

I don’t agree with the person you’re responding to but that’s a very generous way of saying we lost to Liverpool with an extra man on the field

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Even worse then. :lol: So honking is now, what was it under Bruce, Carver, McLaren, Dalglish, McFaul? 

I was honking at fingerblasting lasses when I was 14, should I always compare my current fingerblasting skills to how bad I was at 14, or maybe it’d be better to compare it to how class I was 2 years ago as it’s more relevant 

And compared to 2 years ago my fingerblasting skills are stale and sone lasses might say honking, but they’re still shitloads better than when I was 14 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No, I think it's a completely stupid, spoiled and miserable way to look at things.

It’s not. I personally think it’s a bit over the top, but there’s clearly context when making a comment like that. You come across pedantic, like you’re trying to win the internet or something.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: Aye I can, you said we're honking and that we've been absolutely shite for a year and I'm laughing at you.

At least you’ve got something to laugh about tonight. Which of our games do you think we’ve been good in?

Played 61

Lost 17

Drawn 14

Won 30

For contrast (based on calendar years).

1.7pts per game rounded down to 1dp.

Edited by Heron

3 minutes ago, NE28 said:

I don’t agree with the person you’re responding to but that’s a very generous way of saying we lost to Liverpool with an extra man on the field

We didn't play bad though. We battered them for 60mins and shir our pants after the red card...

8 minutes ago, Fak said:

Can’t see any of them wanting to manage us tbh. And given we don’t have the financial wiggle room to give Isak a better contract I assume we won’t have the financial wiggle room to pay any of those what they’d want. 

That's an entirely different discussion, although I do think Allegri and Xavi if not ZZ would listen and be interested. And I'm not sure if manager's wages go into PSR calculation the way player's fees and wages do. But if you want to be where you'd think PIF want to get with this club then you have to make that next step sooner or later.

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

With this squad, agreed. Our transfer activity for 3 windows has been awful.

That's the whole point. If you sign a manager like that then you give him 3 years just as you'd give them to Howe or Potter or Amorim or Xabi Alonso and see how different your team looks then.

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

I was honking at fingerblasting lasses when I was 14, should I always compare my current fingerblasting ability to how shit I was at 14, or maybe it would be better to to compare it to how class I was 2 years ago as that’s more relevant 

And compared to 2 years ago my finger blasting skills are stale, but still shitloads better than when I was 14 

OR...are you still looking to upgrade after dumping Sonya Jackson for Scarlett Johanssen 3 years ago?

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I was honking at fingerblasting lasses when I was 14, should I always compare my current fingerblasting skills to how bad I was at 14, or maybe it would be better to compare it to how class I was 2 years ago as it’s more relevant 

And compared to 2 years ago my finger blasting skills are stale, but still shitloads better than when I was 14 

Eddie Howe's Fingerblaster Army

29 minutes ago, alexf said:

This set piece thing needs addressing. But embarrassing when you see most other teams are getting alot of joy (see the Arsenal Liverpool game)

Was telling before the game that stat flashed up of 50 corners 0 goals.

When it’s routinely clip it to burn, who not even be knows where his headers will go, then we are never scoring from them. Don’t even mix it up and try to knock one outside box etc. it’s literally clip it back post.

We used to be pretty inventive with set pieces. Often picking out Bruno on the edge of the box or round the back.

They're dreadful now even with Trippier in the team we just aren't a threat at all

Just now, Sibierski said:

When it’s routinely clip it to burn, who not even be knows where his headers will go, then we are never scoring from them. Don’t even mix it up and try to knock one outside box etc. it’s literally set penis to the  back post still.

Just now, joeyt said:

We used to be pretty inventive with set pieces. Often picking out Bruno on the edge of the box or round the back.

They're dreadful now even with Trippier in the team we just aren't a threat at all

Tindall is our set penis master

Sad reality, the overall results for us this calendar year is where we are as a squad. Can’t expect more when it’s still Almiron/Murphy RW, slow CBs etc. 

Howe got the most of the guys in 22/23, those players like Longstaff / Almiron etc are NEVER hitting that level again. As they never showed anything close to it before.

Just the issue is, has Howe got us set up where if we brought in 3 players, would we be better? And for me, that’s a no. Just can’t get going with a flat midfield three. He changes that, and it gives me hope that with additions we could go forward under Howe.

Sorry just combining two posts I've made here...

Including friendlies in the calendar year of 2023 we averaged out at 1.7points per game. 1.6points for 2024 (thus far).

I don't think things are as bad as being made out at all like. Albeit, they're not going the right direction at present.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Yep. Need to update the playbook and also return to a few old favourites. No invention this season so far that I recall. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

OR...are you still looking to upgrade after dumping Sonya Jackson for Scarlett Johanssen 3 years ago?

Michelle Collins is the only one for me, but she’ll never agree to have a no-jarmie sleepover at mine, no matter how many times I ask her via DM on Insta 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

That's mental.

They waltzed through us time after time, we just didn't get punished and ruthlessly exploited their high line.

Momentum and confidence covered over the issues at the start of last season (other than against Brighton) but they were definitely there.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

They waltzed through us time after time, we just didn't get punished and ruthlessly exploited their high line.

Momentum and confidence covered over the issues at the start of last season (other than against Brighton) but they were definitely there.

So we played shit versus Liverpool and PSG?