Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

Here's a question? Who do you replace Howe with?

The heat death of the universe after billions of years of CL domination and a trophy cabinet in the stratosphere. 

Howe, in his press conference today, was asked if he was willing to sign players from Saudi Arabia now that the temporary motion to ban players going on loan to clubs having the same owners has been turned down.

This is what Howe said:

“It’s not even in our thoughts at this moment in time. As I said, at the start of the season, January was not a window that we were looking to invest in.”

“It would only be a reaction to the injuries that we have and whether we need to recruit because the majority of our players would be back in January.”

“At this moment (in time) we don’t know.”

So Newcastle didn’t think they would be active in the upcoming January transfer window, until we picked up all the injuries with injured players slowly coming back.

That being true, it looks like we will only sign players in January to fill in for injured players and also for the banned Sandro Tonali.

if needs must basically! 

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Howe, in his press conference today, was asked if he was willing to sign players from Saudi Arabia now that the temporary motion to ban players going on loan to clubs having the same owners has been turned down.

This is what Howe said:

“It’s not even in our thoughts at this moment in time. As I said, at the start of the season, January was not a window that we were looking to invest in.”

“It would only be a reaction to the injuries that we have and whether we need to recruit because the majority of our players would be back in January.”

So Newcastle didn’t think they would be active in the upcoming January transfer window, until we picked up all the injuries with injured players slowly coming back.

That being true, it looks like we will only sign players in January to fill in for injured players and also for the banned Sandro Tonali.

if needs must basically! 

Eddie was never going to say "yes, I am looking forward to signing from Saudi league". I think his answer is sensible, we don't know our actual needs until we get there. You could argue Tonali is a known loss, but still, wheter we do or do not bring in someone from Saudi, Howe isn't going to reveal that now.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

Eddie was never going to say "yes, I am looking forward to signing from Saudi league". I think his answer is sensible, we don't know our actual needs until we get there. You could argue Tonali is a known loss, but still, wheter we do or do not bring in someone from Saudi, Howe isn't going to reveal that now.

He’s always poker face that’s what I love about him. I don’t doubt they’ll assess and do whatever is necessary and an option to them.  If that’s to take from the Saudi league they will. 

53 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He’s always poker face that’s what I love about him. I don’t doubt they’ll assess and do whatever is necessary and an option to them.  If that’s to take from the Saudi league they will. 

Spot on man, totally agree. And he does it really well and comfortably. He's always calm and measured. 

Eddie Howe spent almost NINE hours analysing Newcastle's defeat to Bournemouth in a bid to turn around one of the worst performances of his reign.

The United chief watched the video nasty back FIVE times during the international break - and admits he side were suffering fatigue and “did not deliver.” Howe has found reasons for that during his marathon laptop session and hopes a re-energised Newcastle perform against Chelsea to start a hectic period of games.

our gaffa! ♥️

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie Howe spent almost NINE hours analysing Newcastle's defeat to Bournemouth in a bid to turn around one of the worst performances of his reign.

The United chief watched the video nasty back FIVE times during the international break - and admits he side were suffering fatigue and “did not deliver.” Howe has found reasons for that during his marathon laptop session and hopes a re-energised Newcastle perform against Chelsea to start a hectic period of games.

our gaffa! ♥️

I wonder how many hours Steve Bruce put into analysis after a defeat. He probably spent nine hours thinking about what he’s gonna eat for tea that evening.

Eddie Howe is class, i’m so glad he’s our manager.

1 hour ago, Playmaker said:

I wonder how many hours Steve Bruce put into analysis after a defeat. He probably spent nine hours thinking about what he’s gonna eat for tea that evening.

9 hours on dinner? Didn't realise Greggs had such a varied menu...

18 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

This is what Howe said:

if needs must basically! 

How many would swap Saudi weather for an English winter?

Those players took the money and the climate over the premier league. Fair weather players now. most of them, most likely.

Imagine coming to the north east in winter time, on loan from a holiday in the sun. 

If we do go in for some it'll be very interesting to see which one's are biting at the bit to come to us.

Would they get up to speed in time to make their loan spell workable.

Hmmm. We'll have to wait and see what comes of it all.

12 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

9 hours on dinner? Didn't realise Greggs had such a varied menu...

It wasn't just Greggs. He did 4 at Greggs, 2 in maccies, 2 in burger king and finished his last hour finishing the page in his police like notebook.

In between eating he spent around 6 minutes analysing then ruined it all by spilling his Mcflurry all over the page and having to ad lib it to the squad. :bluestar:

14 hours ago, Playmaker said:

He spent 9 hours thinking about which of his excuses to use next.

14 hours ago, Playmaker said:

9 hours salivating on justeat knowing him

Can we agree naming 4 goalkeepers in a match day squad is silly? Unless all of our academy players are not only awful but also have appalling attitudes, one of those spots should be for them. I don't think this is about sending a message to our board - it certainly shouldn't need to be, anyhow.

Edited by 80