Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

largely agree with the sentiment of your post, but if we keep criticising people for criticising people's opinions on a football forum, we're going down a really shit path. You've got to take the rough with the smooth, as difficult as it can be sometimes to bite your lip and ignore them. Even the most moronic people are entitled to their shit opinions about other people's opinions - it's what keeps this place and others like it interesting. 

Tidied

You didn't actually fully tidy it to be fair. Fully tidied!

All of this is wasted breath - In no rational universe does Eddie not get to finish the season and at least get a crack with a healthy squad next season.

If we were to see similar issues a few months into next season, with a healthy Tonali, Barnes, and Willock in tow, and new transfers in, then it'll be time to give Eddie the boot. Until then, it's just premature drivel.

16 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

You didn't actually fully tidy it to be fair. Fully tidied!

Indeed. 

Tbf I'm m off football forums already. It's darts I'm into now

Bullseyes NOT Bull's lugs 😉 🎯

Edited by Groundhog63

29 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

🙏 Please, I beg people to learn the difference between criticism of an opinion and repression of an opinion. Please. :lol:

Good luck with that.  Some of my friends who were actually  jailed for voicing their opinions have had less of a rough time than some poor souls on this forum.

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Good luck with that.  Some of my friends who were actually  jailed for voicing their opinions have had less of a rough time than some poor souls on this forum.

North Korea Newcastle supporters branch? 

57 minutes ago, alexf said:

I know many hoped that by December/January, injuries would ease and fixtures would be more kind. 

But I said on here awhile ago, I think it was wishful thinking.

When others return they are way off match sharpness and fitness and then other players who have been putting the minutes in start breaking down.

Plus, it's always the case, players that have disrupted pre-season or long term injuries, then pick up lots of niggles or reocurrences (Willock).

I hope owners are patient and understanding because it's going to carry on for awhile longer and we will find ourselves bottom half come February. 

Never expected the wheels to come off quite this badly. But still hold on to hope that we will have a stronger end to the season, even if it's only enough to get top half.

Conference league at this point feels like it would be an achievement and would salvage something from a pretty rough season so far. 

Its called the National League these days........;)

(Still, there would be a derby.....)

2 hours ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Nope, been a member on here since 2008. Had to delete my old one about 3 months ago due to the new FIFA regs! Sifu will confirm ive been saying this since summer

It would surely be easier for you to say what your old log in was than having Sifu vouch for you, I'm sure other posters will remember it.

Unless of course, you don't have one that is.:)

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

They only ‘blame’ is that Howe has got us ahead of where we thought we’d be with a shit squad

I really don't understand why this is continuously being overlooked.

We had no business achieving the progress we did with the players we had, and I generally don't know which other manager would have done so with that squad.

Unbelievably though, but perhaps unsurprisingly, it's gone straight to people's heads, and they now believe we have no business losing to certain teams and should be a top 4 fixture!

Can't even be bothered anymore engaging with it really. Most football fans really don't deserve a club worth following at all.

If the noise keeps getting louder and the club is dumb enough to act on it, and bring in that psychopath Mourinho, I'll just laugh tbh, and be insufferable when it all goes to shit.

Just now, KaKa said:

I really don't understand why this is continuously being overlooked.

We had no business achieving the progress we did with the players we had, and I generally don't know which other manager would have done so with that squad.

Unbelievably though, but perhaps unsurprisingly, it's gone straight to people's heads, and they now believe we have no business losing to certain teams and should be a top 4 fixture!

Can't even be bothered anymore engaging with it really. Most football fans really don't deserve a club worth following at all.

If the noise keeps getting louder and the club is dumb enough to act on it, and bring in that psychopath Mourinho, I'll just laugh tbh, and be insufferable when it all goes to shit.

Why do you keep posting like you’re above other fans of the club? I broadly agree with your wider point, but you should pack that it in as it’s incredibly annoying. Do you do this at games as well?

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Why do you keep posting like you’re above other fans of the club? I broadly agree with your wider point, but you should pack that it in as it’s incredibly annoying. Do you do this at games as well?

I do it because I am above you. Duh!

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You know, some of us were watching this club in a crumbling SJP with crowds under 20,000 and with relegation to the third tier a very likely prospect.  I know that is the case for some of those criticising Howe.  The club wouldn’t exist for those who came along a lot later without that.

Probably best to knock this kind of patter on the head. 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You know, some of us were watching this club in a crumbling SJP with crowds under 20,000 and with relegation to the third tier a very likely prospect.  I know that is the case for some of those criticising Howe.  The club wouldn’t exist for those who came along a lot later without that.

Probably best to knock this kind of patter on the head. 

I speak of fans of all clubs tbh.

They just watch the game to rage about their often wild expectations not being met, which means they then can't banter other fans online, which is all they care about.

They don't really appreciate or enjoy the sporting process of a team working it's way to the top, through the good and bad. Everything now or sack.

Well soon find out what these owners are made of. For people like you I hope they have some sense, because if they go with the loudest goofballs online, I would not be surprised in the least if it ends up heading down the road Chelsea are currently.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

I speak of fans of all clubs tbh.

They just watch the game to rage about their often wild expectations not being met, which means they then can't banter other fans online, which is all they care about.

They don't really appreciate or enjoy the sporting process of a team working it's way to the top, through the good and bad. Everything now or sack.

Well soon find out what these owners are made of. For people like you I hope they have some sense, because if they go with the loudest goofballs online, I would not be surprised in the least if it ends up heading down the road Chelsea are currently.

I haven’t called for Howe to be sacked.  And pressure isn’t created by daft cunts on Twitter - it’s created by match-going supporters.  I’m not one of those anymore. 

The online ‘banter’ brigade tends to be an international collection of fucking weirdos, who go on about ‘Penaldo’ and other shite.  They’re not football fans at all as far as I’m concerned - I doubt they’ve ever been to a game in their lives.  They just comment on Twitter and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I haven’t called for Howe to be sacked.  And pressure isn’t created by daft cunts on Twitter - it’s created by match-going supporters.  I’m not one of those anymore. 

The online ‘banter’ brigade tends to be an international collection of fucking weirdos, who go on about ‘Penaldo’ and other shite.  They’re not football fans at all as far as I’m concerned - I doubt they’ve ever been to a game in their lives.  They just comment on Twitter and YouTube.

Well my post wasn't directed at you specifically was it? Or anyone with any kind of common sense.

And unfortunately nowadays the noise online on all these social media plarforms does create pressure.

But hey, we'll see how it goes. The next year or so is going to give us all a better idea of the folks running the club, and how this whole thing is going to go.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Well my post wasn't directed at you specifically was it? Or anyone with any kind of common sense.

And unfortunately nowadays the noise online on all these social media plarforms does create pressure.

But hey, we'll see how it goes. The next year or so is going to give us all a better idea of the folks running the club, and how this whole thing is going to go.

No, I know it wasn’t directed at me personally.  Just think that it’s best to ‘cool jets’ on talking about people ‘not deserving a football club’.  Some of us remember when Newcastle United’s existence was under threat - even the dafties going overboard on Howe don’t deserve that.  It’s all just opinions - theirs are no less valid than mine or yours. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, I know it wasn’t directed at me personally.  Just think that it’s best to ‘cool jets’ on talking about people ‘not deserving a football club’.  Some of us remember when Newcastle United’s existence was under threat - even the dafties going overboard on Howe don’t deserve that.  It’s all just opinions - theirs are no less valid than mine or yours. 

Well you'll have to forgive my complete and utter disgust with some of these takes.

But having suffered through the likes of Allardyce, Pardew and Bruce under Mike Ashley, I find it completely fucking astonishing that a manager that took us from relegation fodder to the Champions League in just over a year without the freedom to change the whole squad due to FFP is being questioned already.

It's his first really rough patch, and we're still not even out of competing for a European spot from now till the end of the season, and yet, so much noise.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, and I'm really not sure such fans deserve anything good. And so we'll have to agree to disagree.

They are indeed entitled to their opinion, and that is just mine in response.

He’s not going to continue through the season if we keep losing every week.

Our form can’t continue like this forever, what’s the board’s threshold for withstanding losses in a row? If we lose all matches in the Luton (H), Forest (A) and Bournemouth (H), (on top of expected losses against City and Villa), he’ll most likely be gone.

7 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He’s not going to continue through the season if we keep losing every week.

Our form can’t continue like this forever, what’s the board’s threshold for withstanding losses in a row? If we lose all matches in the Luton (H), Forest (A) and Bournemouth (H), (on top of expected losses against City and Villa), he’ll most likely be gone.

'Our form can't continue like this forever ...'

So that's really what you anticipate happening?

Is that really likely from what we've seen from the manager previously?

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well you'll have to forgive my complete and utter disgust with some of these takes.

But having suffered through the likes of Allardyce, Pardew and Bruce under Mike Ashley, I find it completely fucking astonishing that a manager that took us from relegation fodder to the Champions League in just over a year without the freedom to change the whole squad due to FFP is being questioned already.

It's his first really rough patch, and we're still not even out of competing for a European spot from now till the end of the season, and yet, so much noise.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous, and I'm really not sure such fans deserve anything good. And so we'll have to agree to disagree.

They are indeed entitled to their opinion, and that is just mine in response.

You surely can’t expect people to come on here after a series of shocking performances and be totally calm and objective?! I think your point is valid but football is a massively emotional sport to follow and we all care deeply about the club. We need somewhere to vent, the more mature among us and the rabid weirdos. 
My opinion is that those calling for EH to be sacked are morons, but theirs is probably that I’m an old dickhead. I’m alright with that. The one thing that I think most of us agree on is that EH did a phenomenal job last season but he is rightly being criticised for some poor management this season. Hopefully he’s given time to put it right and hopefully he has the ability to do that.

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

You surely can’t expect people to come on here after a series of shocking performances and be totally calm and objective?! I think your point is valid but football is a massively emotional sport to follow and we all care deeply about the club. We need somewhere to vent, the more mature among us and the rabid weirdos. 
My opinion is that those calling for EH to be sacked are morons, but theirs is probably that I’m an old dickhead. I’m alright with that. The one thing that I think most of us agree on is that EH did a phenomenal job last season but he is rightly being criticised for some poor management this season. Hopefully he’s given time to put it right and hopefully he has the ability to do that.

Yeah, fair enough. Just find this all quite disappointing.

Howe should be given the opportunity to bounce back from this IMO, because he has shown a lot of great qualities, and I'm really not sure why people are so confident we'll land someone better. For me the recruitment is the key part of all this, because ultimately, although the quality of players has been good, the balance hasn't been quite right and key areas have not been addressed or prioritised.

If this is a blind spot on Howe's part then Ashworth and Nickson need to step up and make that clear. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, fair enough. Just find this all quite disappointing.

Howe should be given the opportunity to bounce back from this IMO, because he has shown a lot of great qualities, and I'm really not sure why people are so confident we'll land someone better. For me the recruitment is the key part of all this, because ultimately, although the quality of players has been good, the balance hasn't been quite right and key areas have not been addressed or prioritised.

If this is a blind spot on Howe's part then Ashworth and Nickson need to step up and make that clear. 

I agree about replacing him. I just don’t see anyone out there that I would either want, or would like from a human perspective as much as Eddie. After enduring terminal pricks like Carver, Pardew and Bruce, EH is the perfect tonic.

I just don't understand the nonsense some people spout though. He has never ridiculed us as fans, always handles the media really well, doesn't use cliche sayings like "dust ourselves doon". Imagine if Arsenal sacked Arteta when they were in a rut for example.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I agree about replacing him. I just don’t see anyone out there that I would either want, or would like from a human perspective as much as Eddie. After enduring terminal pricks like Carver, Pardew and Bruce, EH is the perfect tonic.

Yeah, can't think of any manager we could realistically get that would be a certainty.

I think we have a potentially great manager in Howe, but he needs more support recruitment wise.

Think he tends to go for a certain type of player as many on here have pointed out, which is fine, as the foundation of his team, but mixing in some different qualities would benefit us massively.

We could also do with balancing out the squad better when we do buy players, as that has not been done as well as it could have been.

The DOF and head of recruitment have to play a key role in those kinds of discussions.