Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

45 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

It would seem with every passing week more and more people are coming to my way of thinking when it comes to EH.. I’ve thought his goose has been cooked for months now and nothing I’ve seen, even the odd win, has changed my mind. We need a change.

I like him though.. maybe not quite as much as Rafa but he’s always represented us very well so I’m annoyed that this will probably drag on long enough that the good memories will be overshadowed by the pure frustration of watching the team at the moment.

Deluded Geordies wasn't so far-fetched after all.

23 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s got enough credit built up so that recent performances will be met with a general apathy.. there’s no genuine anger yet but there will be.

If we’d played like that with Steve Bruce as manager, there’d be multiple posts of cabbages and die in a house fire type rants.

But that’s how bad we’ve been playing lately.

This line gets trotted out every time there's a bad performance but what point is even being made? That we should all be in here united in disgust at Howe? That Howe is as bad as Bruce but no one wants to admit it?

It's such a weird point. They don't belong in the same sentence. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

There’s a reset button on this season that we (he) just can’t seem to press. 

Wolves at home, good omen.

What does that button look like?

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

There’s a reset button on this season that we (he) just can’t seem to press. 

Wolves at home, good omen.

I think anyone who hasn't seen wolves play will get a shock when they absolute control the game against us.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This line gets trotted out every time there's a bad performance but what point is even being made? That we should all be in here united in disgust at Howe? That Howe is as bad as Bruce but no one wants to admit it?

It's such a weird point. They don't belong in the same sentence. 

I think you’re focussed on the wrong part of your own sentence.

Enough bad performances to remember a line being “trotted out” is surely the concern?

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think you’re focussed on the wrong part of your own sentence.

Enough bad performances to remember a line being “trotted out” is surely the concern?

We could sit here and pore over why the bad performances were bad and decide just how bad they were. But I'm asking,  why bring up Bruce? What's the connection?

2 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

We’ve not dominated this extra 30

mins, very disappointing 

Which of these things disappointed you in the first 15 min of extra time...

the 68% possession?

the 7-1 shot advantage?

the 4-0 corner advantage?

the 11-2 touches in the box?

the fact we made more passes in their half than they made in total?

the 1.08 to 0.03 xG advantage?

Of all the things to pick out from tonight.

46 minutes ago, TRC said:

I think anyone who hasn't seen wolves play will get a shock when they absolute control the game against us.

Worse teams than Wolves have done it twice this season.

52 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What does that button look like?

A genuine momentum builder in front of our own fans would be nice.

Edited by Ronaldo

11 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Wish he'd consider a change of system. We look and have looked extremely poor for some time now.

100%, if we arent pressing people into mistakes, we dont have the technical ability against low blocks to break them down and we are pretty easy to counter ourselves. I think we should go for a more defensive approach and hit people on the counter when we dominate possession we are a bit useless.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

It would seem with every passing week more and more people are coming to my way of thinking when it comes to EH.. I’ve thought his goose has been cooked for months now and nothing I’ve seen, even the odd win, has changed my mind. We need a change.

I like him though.. maybe not quite as much as Rafa but he’s always represented us very well so I’m annoyed that this will probably drag on long enough that the good memories will be overshadowed by the pure frustration of watching the team at the moment.

You mean that you totally overreacted based on very limited data at the beginning in g of the season, and might be proven right just out of sheer luck, and nothing more? And you call me dull when you peddle out the same horse shit. 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Deluded Geordies wasn't so far-fetched after all.

You know, I’m sick to fucking death of the number of people who think it’s alright to insult Geordies like this.  I’m a Geordie and I’d like you to knock this bollocks on the head. 

2 hours ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

The things at play here arent a rush of blood to the head. I don't think he will be here first game next year regardless of what happens from now because of a few very important moments that add up. Its not knee jerk, so just a few points:

• Our defence has been on a rapid decline since around February last season when the brilliant streak of not conceding ended. It has steadily declined to a point now where most attacks lead to a chance or an effort at goal
  • Our lack of ability to change into new systems to deal with both in game situations and pre game tactical issues is startling
  • An example of refusing to make subs to impact a game is being shown every game. Please remember Wolves away when we wre struggling, trippier was having a mare and Eddie did nothing
  • We are playing player who haven't trained or who are struggling with niggles. If you want a prime example, in the Carabao against Chelsea we sent an injured gordon out after HT and allowed him to play on for about 10 minutes which furthered his issues
  • Despite players coming back and being 3 goals up we do not make subs to bring on players, even a Ritchie to see out 10 relatively easy minutes

It's very much a Bielsa moment for us at the moment. Eddie did an amazing job but the injuries we receive are muscle based, exactly what was happening at Leeds when players were playing in the red. If you look at the above and some of the other instances people will raise then it isnt just a snap reaction, its the acceptance of a large list of instances and decided we do not think they will improve over the coming months and into the new season

I'm curious what this rapid decline is based on? From Feb. 1 through Dec. 6 we played 32 games (some others played 33) and these are the xGA leaders:

1) Man City       30.92

2) Newcastle.   35.78

3) Arsenal.        42.54

4) Palace          43.44

5) Liverpool.     43.50

In that stretch we conceded 36 goals, so right in line with the underlying stats. We kept 6 clean sheets (plus a 7th where we only conceded from a FK) in a stretch of 10 league games from mid-September through November.

We actually greatly outperformed our xGA in the pre-WC part of last season, so we rode our luck at times. Our defense improved by many metrics after the WC break, so what it actually looks like to me is from Boxing Day 2022 through November of this season (37 games) only the treble winners were better defensively than us. 

After that things have obviously fallen off a cliff for which there are many factors and much debate. But what got us to this point looks more like the chart of a famous stock market crash rather than a decline over a 12 month period.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You know, I’m sick to fucking death of the number of people who think it’s alright to insult Geordies like this.  I’m a Geordie and I’d like you to knock this bollocks on the head. 

Don’t be so precious, it’s obviously said tongue-in-cheek. Although the quoted post didn’t warrant that at all.

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Any suggestions that the players didn't apply themselves to the fullest tonight is absolutely risible, like. Think I spotted someone in the match thread saying he'd lost the dressing room. :lol: It wasn't a good technical performance but they left everything out there. Blackburn played well and had the backing of the crowd throughout; there's no way we'd have even got to ET, let alone pens, if the players hadn't given everything.

That’s a wild suggestion from me. The point is we are fortunate to win the game and, we field out quite a strong lineup which everyone agrees. So you are saying that we are just unfortunate that the Championship relegation fighter team (Blackburn) was playing in a lever even better than us (top half team of EPL at worst) and we shouldn’t be worried why we are having such a tough time?

Who are we actually? What level should we playing at? I feel very confused looking at the posts here.

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

Don’t be so precious, it’s obviously said tongue-in-cheek. Although the quoted post didn’t warrant that at all.

I’ve probably overreacted, but I always felt that the ‘deluded Geordie’ shit we’d get off the London press was flavoured with regional prejudice.  I always hated it - the implication of ‘who do they think they are?’

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve probably overreacted, but I always felt that the ‘deluded Geordie’ shit we’d get off the London press was flavoured with regional prejudice.  I always hated it - the implication of ‘who do they think they are?’

I thought I was implying that too in my post.

That dude is the Prime Minister of bad takes on N-O and I’m not good enough person to just ignore his drivel.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

That dude is the Prime Minister of bad takes on N-O and I’m not good enough person to just ignore his drivel.

Apologies mate, I should’ve known better tbf.  It’s one of those phrases that I don’t like seeing - no need to explain it.  This is a ‘it was me, not you’ one :) 

23 minutes ago, Pata said:

:lol: would that we all could be Hans. There'd be no war, just a significant spike in restraining orders from nearby schools.

5 hours ago, ElDiablo said:

Wish he'd consider a change of system. We look and have looked extremely poor for some time now.

This is what I was saying yday, his subs were just sticking to the same system but replacing personnel. He needs to change something, even if just in the short term until we get everyone back fit.

Would feel a real shame if we sacked him though, he deserves next season. There’s still a realistic world where we finish in the EL spots and get to the cup final.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You think you can knock this on the head on your own - your so fucking deluded (note - I’m also a Geordie)

4 hours ago, Zero said:

That’s a wild suggestion from me. The point is we are fortunate to win the game and, we field out quite a strong lineup which everyone agrees. So you are saying that we are just unfortunate that the Championship relegation fighter team (Blackburn) was playing in a lever even better than us (top half team of EPL at worst) and we shouldn’t be worried why we are having such a tough time?

Who are we actually? What level should we playing at? I feel very confused looking at the posts here.

No idea what you're on about. I'm saying it wasn't a great performance but the players gave maximum effort.