Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 10/09/2023 at 20:25, Dava1892 said:

A lot of talk from TSport fans suggesting they would like Eddie for the England job should Southgate be forced out. 

I think the next games for England are very decisive and if we don’t start picking up points Eddie may be for the bullet also, these were suggestions/scenarios for a lot of the fans on the radio today, obviously a straight swap for Southgate if Newcastle not progressing.

As mentioned last week….. Mad how the chairman has had to back Eddie after the job he has done. Don’t shoot the messenger, I love Eddie as much as each and everyone of us.

I do think tomorrow is a big game for him.

He should have a very long leash in terms of time to get it right if we have an extended bad patch but after two weeks if we put out another poor performance tomorrow I will find it a bit concerning.

Particularly interested to see how we do in terms of linking our midfield to attack and avoid the CF being isolated.

Do wonder if he's toyed with the idea of going more of a 4-2-3-1 and playing either Isak off Wilson or else playing Gordon or Almiron as a #10.

Will be an interesting starting lineup.

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

Watched it, they think Howe gone by the end of the season 

Think I’ll have to watch it as well now, can’t wait to hear the logic behind that. It”s like the last two years never happened. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think I’ll have to watch it as well now, can’t wait to hear the logic behind that. It”s like the last two years never happened. 

But said we’d qualify from our CL group easily.  Just your typical talksport style video lacking depth or knowledge.  Tired soundbites 

Edited by Andy84

1 hour ago, TRon said:

It's like these two videos in the past two months never happened.

Screenshot-20230915-212127-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230915-212133-Chrome.jpg

Not that he had any credibility to begin with, but he should've retired after his predictions for Haaland.

45 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Were YouTube screengrabs that make you want to assault their creators on Yorkie's list? If not, they fucking need to be. 

:lol: started writing a post but couldn't be bothered in the end. 

After what Howe has already shown since coming in, I will never understand the concern, even if we do lose today.

Howe has shown he can go on extended runs of getting results, and all it takes is potentially 4 losses on the bounce to throw him away?

With the set of games coming after we should bounce back big time. And I think this period will have been key in gaining some realisation on changes that will need to be made to the first team mix of players.

If anything it will mean that in January some key decisions may need to be made in the market to better balance the team.

Howe is a really good young manager on the rise, with huge potential to continue getting better. Let him come through this adversity and grow from it.

Absolutely despise the sack the manager culture, purely based on a small sample of results, with no other context. A lot of people do seem to ascribe to that 'Chelsea model' that Abramovich ran. Just leads to chaos though, as Chelsea are now finding out.

Howe should get the full season as the absolute minimum. 

Howe will get time no question shouldn’t even really be under discussion after last 2 years, but that’s the nature of modern football 4 losses on the spin would be big news and sensationalised by the like of Craig Hope who is already subtly at it.

As with every manager long term, success in the transfer market will decide his long term fate. 

We will need more than good characters, intensity and hard running to challenge for trophies and that ultimately is what PIF will expect in next couple of years.

Howes flexibility in the transfer market will decide his fate mid to long term.

Edited by Whitley mag