Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

46 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Let's be honest with ourselves.

When the takeover happened, what we you expecting, what was your wildest dream?

Now bearing that wildest dream in mind, is Eddie Howe the man to deliver it.

If the answer is yes, you're not ambitious enough.

What's he's done with the team has been remarkable and he'll always have a special place in our history, but he has his limitations. I want to be wrong, but I can't see him being the man to lead us to a trophy.

With all due respect... Abso-fucking-lutly, and I wouldn't want a single fucker out their in charge of the club at this point, even Pep.

Eddie Howe has done more to my enjoyment of football than any manager in my lifetime, he's transformed the club from top to bottom. We now have a team that I'm proud of, that plays with pride, that represents how I want a Newcastle team to play, he's delivered outstanding jaw dropping moment, got results beyond my wildest dreams, and he done it from the lowest point ever as a Newcastle fan towards the end of the Bruce era. 

I don't want any other manager representing this club other than Eddie Howe, and in proud of it.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

You watch Glengarry Glen Ross once and this is what can happen.

You’re obsessed with that film.[emoji38] It’s really not even that good, except for those two daft scenes with Baldwin then Pacino.

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You’re obsessed with that film.[emoji38] It’s really not even that good, except for those two daft scenes with Baldwin then Pacino.

I think it's class, just as an entertaining film and for all the subtext/allegory stuff.  It's canny famous in the online alpha-mindset cannon as well tbf and very specific :lol:

Only other film similar to it in the collection is Wall Street and that doesn't hit the nail on the head as well and isn't as good.

Edited by Kid Icarus

21 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Howe won't win anything. Bookmark this post. Print it. Frame it. Tattoo it. I don't care

The point stands. 

And I think you have made your point enough where we all get it. Jesus H Christ you are like my wife. Repeats the same shit over and over after I have already conceded I understand her misguided point.

6 minutes ago, McDog said:

And I think you have made your point enough where we all get it. Jesus H Christ you are like my wife. Repeats the same shit over and over after I have already conceded I understand her misguided point.

Feel your pain, brother. We should get wristbands made: WWED? (What Would Eddie Do?… I mean apart from win fuck all, apparently 😂). 

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Feel your pain, brother. We should get wristbands made: WWED? (What Would Eddie Do?… I mean apart from win fuck all, apparently 😂). 

'Apparently? You say that like I said something factually wrong.

Tell me, what has he won that could be considered a major honour.

Being a nice guy, getting a tune out of Joelinton, not being Steve Bruce and being bookies favourite for the England job don't count as major honours.

1 hour ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Let's be honest with ourselves.

When the takeover happened, what we you expecting, what was your wildest dream?

Now bearing that wildest dream in mind, is Eddie Howe the man to deliver it.

If the answer is yes, you're not ambitious enough.

What's he's done with the team has been remarkable and he'll always have a special place in our history, but he has his limitations. I want to be wrong, but I can't see him being the man to lead us to a trophy.

How do you reach this sense of entitlement?

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How do you reach this sense of entitlement?

By demanding success. Try it.

I don't think it's unreasonable for the richest club in the world to aim higher than 6th and a good cup run.

The Saudis didn't buy Newcastle to make it into the CL once or twice a decade.

Edited by RodrigoRamos

Just now, Yorkie said:

What's the point in that? What would it achieve? What does it even look like? 

I think you are looking at it now. A self entitled jackass which I would prefer not to be, thank you very much.

Edited by McDog

Just now, Yorkie said:

What's the point in that? What would it achieve? What does it even look like? 

It puts pressure on under performing managers and players.

Real Madrid, Celtic and Bayern to this to great affect.

Remember how Pardew and Bruce were treated? Do that. Yes, we are no longer fighting relegation and are aiming for top 4, but that doesn't mean you give players, staff an owners an easy ride if they're under performing. The 22/23 season is over. Howe has no more goodwill credit in the bank

1 minute ago, McDog said:

I think you are looking at it now. A self entitled jackass which I would prefer not to be, thank you very much.

Enjoy winning nothing for another 50 years then. 

Getting to a Carabao Cup 1/4 final and beating some of the "big 6" will be enough for you?

When Newcastle are allowed to spend the same as the top 4, able to buy kids just to sell on and fund their mega first team squad or able to pay wages that blow other teams out the market... Then I will judge the manager or howe fairly compared to his peers.

Not now when he has to battle on an unfair playing field 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why would anyone treat Howe like they treated Pardew and Bruce? The job he's doing doesn't compare to those two in any way. 

Pardew and Bruce failed to meet the fans ambitions.

Eddie Howe is doing the same. Just because you like him personally doesn't mean he isn't underachieving. 

Unless I'm mistaken and the fans are happy to accept finishing 5th-7th, have a decent cup run and prehaps take a scalp or two from one of the real big teams in the league.

I think I have misjudged the situation with Newcastle. I thought this was a club and fanbase desperate for success, but I don't know what you actually want because someone of you don't act like you care about winning

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why would anyone treat Howe like they treated Pardew and Bruce? The job he's doing doesn't compare to those two in any way. 

Clearly a WUM, would ignore it if I were you.

4 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

It puts pressure on under performing managers and players.

Real Madrid, Celtic and Bayern to this to great affect.

Remember how Pardew and Bruce were treated? Do that. Yes, we are no longer fighting relegation and are aiming for top 4, but that doesn't mean you give players, staff an owners an easy ride if they're under performing. The 22/23 season is over. Howe has no more goodwill credit in the bank

As you wish Mr. CEO

Btw, a reminder that Watford does same sh!t and they now trapped in the obscurity of championship.

3 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Enjoy winning nothing for another 50 years then. 

Getting to a Carabao Cup 1/4 final and beating some of the "big 6" will be enough for you?

So you can see, we aren't historically a serial winner like Real Madrid so most of us have realistic expectations after 3 yrs of takeover.

At this point you are just gaslighting other ppl, probably for attention.

2 minutes ago, HalloNUFC said:

As you wish Mr. CEO

Btw, a reminder that Watford does same sh!t and they now trapped in the obscurity of championship.

So you can see, we aren't historically a serial winner like Real Madrid so most of us have realistic expectations after 3 yrs of takeover.

At this point you are just gaslighting other ppl, probably for attention.

OK, I will change my expectation. What is the commun goal for Newcastle fans. As a fanbase, what is the ambition, the dream. What is the identity.

What I thought about this team being ambitious and hungry is wrong

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Clearly a WUM, would ignore it if I were you.

Could be, it's interesting all the same though; if it's disingenuous then they're at least adopting the views of lunatics who do actually exist. :lol: