Transfer rumours

Yorkie

WTF 75% of the people you've mentioned in that list are s****. Also them 4 strikers you've listed dont have many goals in them at all

Have to start by saying I hate Ashley and have give up on the club after what's gone on but if I was looking at it from the outside I'm not sure I'd think we were so shit tbh

Dubs - top class

Yedlin - pl level wing back

Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune - outstanding back 3

Willems - potentially very good lwb

Longstaff & Hayden - one of the best midfield pairs end of last season

Almiron, Joelinton, Maximinim - potentially exciting front threeb with pace and movement

Below that Manq, Dummet, Fernandez, Ki, Shelvey, Stay, Muto to name a few

Long story short I don't think many clubs from below the top 10 or so would be looking at our playing staff and thinking they're trash ready for the taking.

They will, however, be looking at the coaching staff and laughing their tits off. Similar to the McClaren season except Rafa has left us in a much, much better place than we were then.

It’s scary that we’ve lost three forwards and two midfielders, from a squad which was already arguably poor, and replaced them with two expensive unproven forwards and a defender on loan, and that’s “business done”.

We need at least another striker, midfielder and full back and that would still only be an “ok” window.

I would say our window has already been OK... we don't need another striker in my opinion... Joelinton, Gayle, Muto, Almiron... they can all play on the forward line... certainly in the system that Bruce looks like he wants to play.

Wingers... we have Almiron, Saint Maximin, Atsu, Ritchie, Aarons.

Centre Mid... Shelvey, Longstaff(s), Ki, Hayden

Left (Wing) Back... Willems, Dummett, Manquillo, Ritchie

Right (Wing) Back... Yedlin, Manquillo

As things stand, in my opinion we don't necessarily NEED any more players, but would be nice to improve upon our RB and CM options (essential if Hayden leaves).

imagine having expectations this low and being satisfied with the summer :lol:

enjoy the matches mate

WTF 75% of the people you've mentioned in that list are s****. Also them 4 strikers you've listed dont have many goals in them at all

Have to start by saying I hate Ashley and have give up on the club after what's gone on but if I was looking at it from the outside I'm not sure I'd think we were so shit tbh

Dubs - top class

Almiron, Joelinton, Maximinim - potentially exciting front threeb with pace and movement

Long story short I don't think many clubs from below the top 10 or so would be looking at our playing staff and thinking they're trash ready for the taking.

They will, however, be looking at the coaching staff and laughing their tits off. Similar to the McClaren season except Rafa has left us in a much, much better place than we were then.

In 2015 you could have said Mitrovic,Wijnaldum, and Thauvin were a potentially exciting front 3 we all know how that turned out. I'll wager now our front 3 wont get as many goals as we have lost from last year

Yedlin is fucking atrocious not playing level by any means

Willems totally unknown may not be any better

Below that our squad depth is just awful add to that we've welcomed back shite we just cant move out and the reason is no fucker wants them because of how crap they are

Onto the goon and coaching staff in charge it's all going to end badly I'm still convinced we will be one of the worst 3 in the division

Have to start by saying I hate Ashley and have give up on the club after what's gone on but if I was looking at it from the outside I'm not sure I'd think we were so s*** tbh

Dubs - top class

In 2015 you could have said Mitrovic,Wijnaldum, and Thauvin were a potentially exciting front 3 we all know how that turned out. I'll wager now our front 3 wont get as many goals as we have lost from last year

Yedlin is f***ing atrocious not playing level by any means

Willems totally unknown may not be any better

Below that our squad depth is just awful add to that we've welcomed back s**** we just cant move out and the reason is no f***er wants them because of how crap they are

Onto the goon and coaching staff in charge it's all going to end badly I'm still convinced we will be one of the worst 3 in the division

Do you think everyone around and below us have 23 man squads of perfect depth where they need it?

What do your think of Palace's squad and their general business, for example? Are they miles better than us man for man across the squad? I'm not convinced.

The front 3 is a massive gamble but people were complaining about Rondon this time last year.

I mean I hope you're able to understand I'm not happy with anything, but I think that the playing side overall is in decent shape vs. our competition (to stay up) largely because of Rafa. The problem will be we don't have Rafa anymore.

Of course all 3 signings could be absolute shit and Almiron might crumble under the pressure of needing goals but I'm not seeing it. They look decent in themselves.

Steve Bruce is managing them man :lol:

It's the mclaren season take two.

As regards the edit I disagree because of what Rafa left behind, that's the point.

Granted Bruce might be a total catastrophe but he's took on a much better squad than McClaren did. Imo.

As regards the edit I disagree because of what Rafa left behind, that's the point.

Granted Bruce might be a total catastrophe but he's took on a much better squad than McClaren did. Imo.

They have a good keeper and potentially goalscorer that could keep them up.

If anything happens to those two they are nailed on to go down.

Dubravka's form could dip anyway as he will be disillusioned as to what's going on and probably wants away, a bit like what happened to Shay Given, he won't be the same player now imo.

Dubs - top class

I think it will become clearly apparent how much Rafa was able to make these players be recognised in the same way you see them. Especially once our backs are against the wall.

Don't really need to say much more than that. The new signings might all be good prospects as individuals, moulding them into a team when you have no idea how to build a team in the first place is going to be the issue.

Don't really need to say much more than that. The new signings might all be good prospects as individuals, moulding them into a team when you have no idea how to build a team in the first place is going to be the issue.

So again, this is the point I made myself no?

We have Rafa's team with 2 different attackers and a potentially better left back. That's the simple truth of it.

Teams in and around us haven't been out there blowing us out of the water in the market, we have just signed Steve fucking Bruce so they've got an advantage more than likely.

Dean there calling 75% of the squad outright shite or whatever it was, it's just not correct.

We have Rafa's team with 2 different attackers and a potentially better left back. That's the simple truth of it.

Teams in and around us haven't been out there blowing us out of the water in the market, we have just signed Steve fucking Bruce so they've got an advantage more than likely.

Dean there calling 75% of the squad outright shite or whatever it was, it's just not correct.

i didn't say 75% of the squad i said 75% of the list you stated. In all fairness give or take a few players...Dubravka,Schar,Lejeune,Longstaff,Almiron the rest is average to shite for me (apart from the new signings of course as they are unknown at the moment). We have so many players that people rave about that are just simply not good enough which is an indictment of how low expectations and standards have fallen at NUFC since ashley took over. Im talking about people like Shelvey,Dummet,Ritchie,Gayle,Muto,Manquillo,Yedlin,Ki, pre Ashley we would all have deemed these complete crap hell even Lascelles is vastly over rated to me he's certainly not as good a centre half as Schar or Lejeune and possibly even Fernndez but he gets plaudits beyond his ability

The vast Majority of this squad is way way below the quality level that we went down with in 2008/09

Teams in and around us haven't been out there blowing us out of the water in the market, we have just signed Steve f***ing Bruce so they've got an advantage more than likely.

Dean there calling 75% of the squad outright s**** or whatever it was, it's just not correct.

i didn't say 75% of the squad i said 75% of the list you stated. In all fairness give or take a few players...Dubravka,Schar,Lejeune,Longstaff,Almiron the rest is average to s**** for me (apart from the new signings of course as they are unknown at the moment). We have so many players that people rave about that are just simply not good enough which is an indictment of how low expectations and standards have fallen at NUFC since ashley took over. Im talking about people like Shelvey,Dummet,Ritchie,Gayle,Muto,Manquillo,Yedlin,Ki, pre Ashley we would all have deemed these complete crap hell even Lascelles is vastly over rated to me he's certainly not as good a centre half as Schar or Lejeune and possibly even Fernndez but he gets plaudits beyond his ability

The vast Majority of this squad is way way below the quality level that we went down with in 2008/09

Yeah I didn't post the list.

But answer the question I've asked, of the clubs we're realistically competing with are our first 11-15 and backup significantly worse?  I don't see how you can say they are.

Again I'm talking about players not coaches and have made my feelings about Bruce et al clear.

I actually think it’s the most talented Newcastle Utd squad since promotion certainly the most expensive.

And with Bruce smartly deciding to live off Rafa’s well drilled back 3/5 I don’t see us conceding huge amounts IF he keeps it.

The biggest issue I think he’ll face is fans screaming for Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Almiron to all start.

He has said he’ll be attacking but his 3-5-2 will mean we’re playing with 1 less forward than under Rafa Benitez.

I think we’ll see a backlash to his attacking comments the more we see him leave one of Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Almiron out every week.

I expect his attacking comments will come to bite him if fans keep seeing him not play the mythical new front 3.

Teams in and around us haven't been out there blowing us out of the water in the market, we have just signed Steve f***ing Bruce so they've got an advantage more than likely.

Dean there calling 75% of the squad outright s**** or whatever it was, it's just not correct.

i didn't say 75% of the squad i said 75% of the list you stated. In all fairness give or take a few players...Dubravka,Schar,Lejeune,Longstaff,Almiron the rest is average to s**** for me (apart from the new signings of course as they are unknown at the moment). We have so many players that people rave about that are just simply not good enough which is an indictment of how low expectations and standards have fallen at NUFC since ashley took over. Im talking about people like Shelvey,Dummet,Ritchie,Gayle,Muto,Manquillo,Yedlin,Ki, pre Ashley we would all have deemed these complete crap hell even Lascelles is vastly over rated to me he's certainly not as good a centre half as Schar or Lejeune and possibly even Fernndez but he gets plaudits beyond his ability

But answer the question I've asked, of the clubs we're realistically competing with are our first 11-15 and backup significantly worse?  I don't see how you can say they are.

Again I'm talking about players not coaches and have made my feelings about Bruce et al clear.

who do you consider us competing with? Id say Bournemouth,Watford and Palace have a better squad Brighton Burnley on par and Norwich and Sheff United inferior

who do you consider us competing with? Id say Bournemouth,Watford and Palace have a better squad Brighton Burnley on par and Norwich and Sheff United inferior

Bournemouth arguably better depth not better 11 imo, Watford better 11 not better depth, Palace similar 11 worse depth, others slightly worse in all areas.

The differences is in coaches/management.

You go on like this at the start of every season.

Our first choice 11 should have more than enough quality to stay up. Our defence is decent, midfield could use a bit more depth but aren't awful and our attack is as yet an unknown quantity but we know Almirón at least has some quality.

A halfway competent manager should be able to keep them up.

Aarons

Saivet

Manquillo

Colback

Gayle

Murphy

Atsu

Elliot

Darlow

Muto?

That's 9, possibly 10 players that aren't good enough at this level and i've probably missed some off. Our entire first team back up is shite so if we get some injuries we're screwed.

Our new front line admittedly looks exciting but it could just as easily flop as succeed. We relied on the unproven but highly-rated Mitrovic to score our goals a few seasons ago and it cost us our place in the Premier League.

Unnecessary gamble by Fat Mike and Thumbhead as usual. Fucking idiots!

I actually think it’s the most talented Newcastle Utd squad since promotion certainly the most expensive.

Same, on paper it's not bad. That's the only point I'm making while Dean wets the bed. Player wise we're in decent shape, on paper.

Agree player talent wise :thup:

If you look at our starting 11 last season & first season up compared to what it will be vs Arsenal it’s much more talented.

Unfortunately we have a manager that will underachieve with his squad rather than overachieve.

We’ll most certainly finish below our 11.5 Premier League positional average since promotion.

And with Bruce smartly deciding to live off Rafa’s well drilled back 3/5 I don’t see us conceding huge amounts IF he keeps it.

The biggest issue I think he’ll face is fans screaming for Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Almiron to all start.

He has said he’ll be attacking but his 3-5-2 will mean we’re playing with 1 less forward than under Rafa Benitez.

I think we’ll see a backlash to his attacking comments the more we see him leave one of Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Almiron out every week.

I expect his attacking comments will come to bite him if fans keep seeing him not play the mythical new front 3.

Well drilled or not Rafa's team started defending from the front and the midfield role was perhaps most important in protecting the back line. Any more adventure to attack and you'll see the back increasingly over exposed.

Re point two, in a 5 man midfield there's nothing to say Almiron or St. Max couldn't fill a berth, especially against more vulnerable teams.

If Bruce can work any of that out. I suspect he won't have a clue what to do when suddenly the defenders apparently no longer know how to defend. It will all rest on the players.