Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

It’s also worth noting that there is only limited parking on Sunday as well, with the overspill car park being closed.

I may have to resort to getting the Metro in.

Edited by Stifler

Aye, I think I'll get there early in case my usual spot disappears. I hope the big crowd doesn't cause them to freeze again :lol: I can't imagine Huddersfield putting up much more than token resistance but then I felt the same about the #lasses

Should be fucking class :)

The cup final experience will get them over the line. Lighting doesn't strike twice. Hope they're on a great bonus for promotion and play their best game, Can't wait. Weekend off, Tottenham and Huddersfield to win the league. Proper Carlsberg weekend!!

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

Aye, I think I'll get there early in case my usual spot disappears. I hope the big crowd doesn't cause them to freeze again :lol: I can't imagine Huddersfield putting up much more than token resistance but then I felt the same about the #lasses

Should be fucking class :)

Slight difference mind. Hashtag's record is P19 W15 D1 L3 +23 PTS 46, plus obviously got to the final.

Huddersfield is P19 W2 D2 L15 -34 PTS 8

Huddersfield lost 0-2 to Forest tonight to keep the latter's tiny title hopes alive (it was still 0-0 after around 60 mins), but that result means Huddersfield are down if they lose on Sunday. They are 7 adrift with 3 to go. Their last 2 matches were very winnable (against Fylde and Stourbridge who have the worst 2 GDs in the league), but those games won't matter if they lose on Sunday.

Fantastic attendance.

We have to win one out of three games. If we don't then we don't deserve to go up, but I can't see anything but a comfortable win on Sunday followed up by two further wins to wrap up the season. The hashtag game was lost due to us playing into the hands of the opposition and playing a long ball game, which had never been on show previous (plus some pretty poor finishes and decent saves from their keeper). I'm still certain if we played our usual game on the deck, we would have won. 

The one thing that's disappointed me and I know it's a bit unfair to be critical of what is a fan run website, is the lack of any coverage of the women's team by the people at NUFC.com. They cover the academy matches, so it's a real shame that there isn't even a mention on their sight that the lasses could (and should) win the league today. Same with the cup final, absolute no mention before or after about it. 

51 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Be careful parking at Tesco. 3 Hr limit and numberplate remote fining. If parking there I'd call the number and pay the parking charge. They could make a fortune today.

I usually use the little service road behind Boots and Next, always full Saturdays but usually pretty empty on a Sunday. Only just got in today, it's filling up fast.