Newcastle United Women

toontownman

26 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

This is absolutely brilliant. They're really going about this whole thing fantastically. 

Questionable for me. Its amazing to have signed some of these players, but the player turnover is ruthless and takes away a lot of the accomplishments. 

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

Questionable for me. Its amazing to have signed some of these players, but the player turnover is ruthless and takes away a lot of the accomplishments. 

To be fair, it's just correcting a club's history of sheer neglect in this area. It's unlucky and probably cruel for a lot of the players who were down at the bottom with the club, hopefully some can grow with us or stay make a career for themselves, but not sure what else we could do?

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

With the stated ambition to be in the WSL, and starting in the third tier, it was always inevitable, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, OCK said:

It's inevitable though given the jump in quality league to league and ambition to get to the top. An unfortunate casualty of football being a business but not a new one.

Thankfully they created the reserves to accommodate some of the younger players to let them grow. 

Not sure I see us romping the championship mind.

One promotion spot and some good quality WSL ready teams hovering around the top. Tall order but I'm looking forward to the next iteration of NUWFC.

Edited by NE27
Incorrect acronym

50 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

If they get promoted again this season, they'll need another complete squad revamp! Very few of these players will be here in 2/3 years

Unfortunate facts. 

We will have a few years in the championship to really develop I think though.

29 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Unfortunate facts. 

We will have a few years in the championship to really develop I think though.

Yea i agree, would almost be a bad thing if we got promoted again, the WSL is brutal to newly promoted teams!!

3 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

Yea i agree, would almost be a bad thing if we got promoted again, the WSL is brutal to newly promoted teams!!

I think we'll be just fine...