Newcastle United Women

toontownman

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Acres of space for that shot in the end.

They're used to playing far too far forward like, they're going to have to be a bit more conservative against teams like this. Too many defence splitting balls through already.

Edited by OpenC

London City seem more composed and controlled on the ball, guess thats to be expected given they're one of the favorites for the title. 

We're doing very canny for a first game in the league away to one of the favourites as you say :thup: we've got to be less gung ho because we're still pretty slow at the back but it's really a feature of how they play, it won't be natural to them to sit deeper.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

London City seem more composed and controlled on the ball, guess thats to be expected given they're one of the favorites for the title. 

As last season, we're open to quick / accurate passing teams. It's something we'll have to work on, as there are a lot more at this level. We also need to work on the accuracy of our own passing / shooting. Still 1-1, in a new league against strong opposition.

First 30 minutes played quite well. Big difference to me is that last 15 London are keeping the ball and trying to create chances through good possession and passing. We seem to be going for the Hollywood ball every time. In some ways we're playing with 10 women also as Andrew's has offered absolutely nothing. They have 3 players on yellow cards so that may come into play. Not bad though, just need to keep the ball better and longer. 

Started well, lionesses finished stronger but holding their own and not overawed. Charlotte has struggled since the sela cup but fingers crossed she gets stronger. Doing ok up to now. Hope we go for the win and don't sit back too much as these are strong going forward. Very promising start for a first game in a new league 

That's got to be the miss of the season there good lord. Tbh that's something I do a lot, reach for the ball and not really get it because I don't understand the distance and where my foot is.

Of course I haven't played since U8s, sooooo

Edited by Miercoles