Newcastle United Women

toontownman

Sounds like a few people traveled as fans. Full credit. We should be winning this game albeit it's a tough travel. Positive start continues.

We struggled finding final passes in the first half at least, just a bit of nervous, sometimes thoughtless panic play. Lots to like from different areas of the pitch McQuade was great and Andrews finish was class.

Last season we stopped teams creating anything, controlled the games and the goals flowed. The last two games we have played with total control but the opposition defences are stronger and we have still found a way to score. I think this season is looking very positive. I think we'll get stronger offensively and our midfield and defence will win us points. I'm saying it first. Champions elect. I just don't see us losing. Defence looks great, midfield is controlling and strikers will get better as season goes on. Terrific start.

Just now, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Last season we stopped teams creating anything, controlled the games and the goals flowed. The last two games we have played with total control but the opposition defences are stronger and we have still found a way to score. I think this season is looking very positive. I think we'll get stronger offensively and our midfield and defence will win us points. I'm saying it first. Champions elect. I just don't see us losing. Defence looks great, midfield is controlling and strikers will get better as season goes on. Terrific start.

In all fairness though, we haven’t really played anyone, the only team really who we have played, we drew with them.

It’s very hard to say so far if we will push for promotion.

I don’t see us in being in any danger of going down, are already 7 points clear of the relegation spot, and only played 3 games. Bare in mind last season 17 points was enough for safety, and we are a team down this season.

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In all fairness though, we haven’t really played anyone, the only team really who we have played, we drew with them.

It’s very hard to say so far if we will push for promotion.

I don’t see us in being in any danger of going down, are already 7 points clear of the relegation spot, and only played 3 games. Bare in mind last season 17 points was enough for safety, and we are a team down this season.

Know more after Durham. Charlton are the obvious team to beat.

Watched most of the game. We’ve 2 or 3 players who can play, generally we look quick and strong. The keeper looks a huge upgrade however, our finishing was awful and that will cost us against better sides. You have to take your chances.

There’s a few positions where we need upgrades, feels like we’d benefit from 2 or 3 seasons in this division, building year on year. 

Stiffler, understand your point of view regarding we haven't played anyone but if you look at the game stats from today

Durham had 6 shots 3 on target

Charlton had 6 shots 2 on target

We had 20 shots 12 on target

When Durham played Portsmouth away they had 12 shots 6 on target. Against Portsmouth Charlton had 14 & 9 on target and they were at home.

Becky has created a superb defence.

Moan was the golden glove winner last year

Lois Joel spent 3 years in the championship & 2 years in the WSL before joining us in the summer.

Stokes has been there, done, it got the t shirt

Pottsy has been superb since she joined us 2 years ago 

Deanna Cooper played for Chelsea & Reading for 7 years before coming here

Defensively we are very strong  conceding just 1 goal which was due to an individual mistake and we have controlled games very well from midfield. Our front 3 are all experienced at playing at this level and will improve with more game time. We are creating the chances and the longer they play together the better they will get.

I may be being overly optimistic but can only see this going on way. Lets see what happens against Everton on Wednesday.