Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

18 minutes ago, christ said:

Delighted to report she had a mint time. Massive smiles at the end when we got the winner. I get the feeling we’ll definitely be back.

My first time going to see a lasses match. The entire atmosphere around the game is really refreshing. Just relentless positivity and everyone having a nice time.

Aye :thup: 

18 minutes ago, christ said:

Delighted to report she had a mint time. Massive smiles at the end when we got the winner. I get the feeling we’ll definitely be back.

My first time going to see a lasses match. The entire atmosphere around the game is really refreshing. Just relentless positivity and everyone having a nice time.

Glad you both enjoyed it!

I took the two bairns today and they were a bit out of sorts today after a mental few days away so they were a bit flat, littlest got bang into singing as usual though.

Obviously it's not as partisan in the stands so it's great for the kids, but I was bang into the game today.

Felt it was plenty good value for the price paid and a pleasurable day out.

Well done to the lasses.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Hang on, they're actually called Hashtag United? I thought it was a forum in-joke that went over my head :lol:

They're a YouTube team formed by Spencer Owen 7/8 years ago, they eventually got approved to enter the national league, and have been slowly climbing the leagues since.

The average person tends to look at them cynically, but they've done a fair amount for non-league football, and bringing a lot of eyes to the lower reaches of the English game, if you go by Social media numbers they are something like the 18th most followed football clubs in the world.

A few years back they merged with FC Basildon women to create the women's team we'll be facing in the final.

I've followed them since their Inception and they're a likable team to be honest.

8 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Was it going to go to a replay? Keeper was relentlessly booed for timewasting but i wasn't sure what was actually going to happen if it finished 1-1

Extra time and penalties. Keeper was just being weird.

What do we reckon the ticket situation will be for the final? I would love to take my daughter to this but I don't have a season ticket or membership. 11k capacity seems small after today's 22k, but it's a long journey compared to playing at St James'

6 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

What do we reckon the ticket situation will be for the final? I would love to take my daughter to this but I don't have a season ticket or membership. 11k capacity seems small after today's 22k, but it's a long journey compared to playing at St James'

Hopefully they see sense and put it on somewhere bigger and more sensibly placed for Newcastle fans, since I assume Hashtag United and their fans can simply be downloaded rather than having to travel in the usual way :shifty:

I'll be trying for a ticket and just driving there and back I reckon. I do think the journey will probably be enough to knock a zero off the end of the crowd number but the couple of thousand that went to Burnley was still great to be part of :)

10 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

It won't be linked to season tickets/membership, its entirely seperate.

I'm not sure how the tickets will work, but I would imagine it'll be first come serve.

I'm not even sure there will be much segregation between fans, if any at all, its not all that common in women's football.

Also with regards to the choice of stadium, I would be amazed if they changed it, they made quite a big thing of it being there and I wouldn't imagine in precious years they have got much of an attendance. 

Hopefully we can change that this year, but travel looks like a nightmare!

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Who do they play in the Final? No doubt a team from down south who have a 30 minute travel.

#UTD

Yes. That is an actual team. Kill me now.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I'm not surprised mate.

It's a team called Hashtag United. I shit you not.

Seriously? :lol:

Is it something to do with Twitter like? Doesn't give the competition much credibility if whatever these are can make it to a National Final.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Is it something to do with Twitter like? Doesn't give the competition much credibility if whatever these are can make it to a National Final.

They're second in the southern equivalent of our league, so fairly similar position to us

34 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

My thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

It won't be linked to season tickets/membership, its entirely seperate.

I'm not sure how the tickets will work, but I would imagine it'll be first come serve.

I'm not even sure there will be much segregation between fans, if any at all, its not all that common in women's football.

Also with regards to the choice of stadium, I would be amazed if they changed it, they made quite a big thing of it being there and I wouldn't imagine in precious years they have got much of an attendance. 

Hopefully we can change that this year, but travel looks like a nightmare!

I wasn't clear about what I meant about the venue. I live in Cambridge so Luton works really well for me, but is inconvenient for others. I was hoping that would make it easier to get a ticket. 

Hopefully not until after I've bought my ticket :shifty:

As far as #utd and the credibility of the competition goes; wey, you can only beat what's in front of you, as my dad always reminded me

53 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

I wasn't clear about what I meant about the venue. I live in Cambridge so Luton works really well for me, but is inconvenient for others. I was hoping that would make it easier to get a ticket. 

Ah sorry, misunderstood you. Fingers crossed you manage to get one.

if you're not already, i would follow fawnl on twitter for ticket updates.