Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Another great day for the Cloob

One game to go. With the goals today it should be win and in. 

If my maths are correct, they are level on points with Durham, and have a better goal difference by 10.

Barnsley sit 4th. Will be a very tough away game with high pressure. We played them twice. A slim 1-0 win at home and 2-1 in the cup. Not going to be easy.

Durham have Chorley away who they slotted 4 past earlier in the season in the home game for Durham.

4 hours ago, iklgizmo said:

Arsenal Women are about to kick off in a sold out Emirates stadium for their champions league semi- final. 

That's the dream for our team, but feels like a lifetime away!!

Remember where the men’s team was 18 month ago 🙂

Where is the venue for the Barnsley game anyone?

1 hour ago, Kazzie said:

According to FA website it is at Wombwell Recreation Ground

Cheers. I ended up Googling it which wasn’t as easy as you might think on Google maps strangely as info labelled wrong.

Anyway when I saw it was today there was no way I could go and get back in time for the Arsenal game.

Wish they could’ve thought that one through and had games played on the Saturday or Monday. Should have Gateshead playing Wembley the Saturday before the Chelsea game also. Such simple wins to encourage fans to attend you’d think. I appreciate its not that straightforward but I bet it was never a consideration.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Cheers. I ended up Googling

wasn’t as easy as you might think on Google maps strangely as info labelled wrong.

Anyway when I saw it was today there was no way I could go and get back in time for the Arsenal game.

Wish they could’ve thought that one through and had games played on the Saturday or Monday. Should have Gateshead playing Wembley the Saturday before the Chelsea game also. Such simple wins to encourage fans to attend you’d think. I appreciate its not that straightforward but I bet it was never a consideration.

They never take things like this into account, not even in the top league. Like you say it's such a simple thing to do to boost crowds!!

12 minutes ago, Paullow said:

They'll need at least 7 more. Newcastle had a +10 advantage heading into the final day.

They're 7 up now with about 10 minutes to play :shak: