Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Sorry if this has been asked before but, which league is the next one for the womans team and how far away are they in the league pyramid from the Womens Super League thing that is on teevee quite reguarly?

2 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but, which league is the next one for the womans team and how far away are they in the league pyramid from the Womens Super League thing that is on teevee quite reguarly?

I forget the name of the league, but they will be going into the equivalent of League One.

4 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Next year the lasses are in FA Women's National League North……That is tier 3, below Championship and Super League.

Women's Super League

Women's Championship

National League North <- Be playing here next season

National League North Div 1 <- Promoted from here

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Shit, I glanced at Wikipedia the other day and thought they had gotten promoted to the Championship. The club really didn't try before, huh?

It wasn't even part of the club before.

I think the problem someone mentioned is to move up you have to win the league and THEN win a playoff against the southern league winners to go up.

I think it's going to be an long process for the lasses. Looks like they are doing the long approach like Eddie and will be building up the youth and trying not to dismantle the squad morale bringing in too many new players and pushing out others. This is a step up though so there will have to be some turnover. Liverpool Feds who pipped us last year managed to finish 9th out of 12

https://www.onherside.co.uk/leagues

Crazy how in this league, as well as the two directly above them in the third tier (Northern Premier Division and Southern Premier Division) the top 2 all had the same W,D,L record and all 3 leagues were separated by goal difference.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

I think the problem someone mentioned is to move up you have to win the league and THEN win a playoff against the southern league winners to go up.

I think it's going to be an long process for the lasses. Looks like they are doing the long approach like Eddie and will be building up the youth and trying not to dismantle the squad morale bringing in too many new players and pushing out others. This is a step up though so there will have to be some turnover. Liverpool Feds who pipped us last year managed to finish 9th out of 12

Changes for next season (if ratified by the FA), both teams winning the respective northern & southern leagues will be promoted - there wont be a playoff between them to get into the championship 

3 hours ago, Mag3.14 said:

Changes for next season (if ratified by the FA), both teams winning the respective northern & southern leagues will be promoted - there wont be a playoff between them to get into the championship 

Top stuff. Still a huge ask but excited to see how they improve the team go give it a real go.

Manchester United Women F.C was only formed in 2018 and were immediately invited into the newly formed Championship, which they won in that first year and so got promoted to the PL after one year. They were Johnny-come-latelys but got their act together in the nick of time. Ashley didn't care one iota and so by 2018 we were the only one of the top 16 clubs in the country to show no interest in having a women's team (let alone a competitive one). If it hadn't been for Chris Hughton and Rafa Benitez, the senior men's team might have been as uncompetitive as our (non-affiliated) ladies and youth and u-21s. The man was poison.

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They obviously haven't included the match at SJP in that

It's an average and they are 10x their rivals so I assume it was included and is the reason for the disparity.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

It's an average and they are 10x their rivals so I assume it was included and is the reason for the disparity.

Don't think so mind as they have been getting crowds of over 2k at Kingston park when they have played there

16 hours ago, toontownman said:

They have scrapped the play off (for next seasons league winners) which means you get promoted into the championship if you win the league 

We will need a few signings to compete in this league (premier north) 

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Don't think so mind as they have been getting crowds of over 2k at Kingston park when they have played there

Aye, but the average crowd in the graphic was over 3,800, so definitely taken into account. They only play 11 matches at home in the league, 1 of those was at SJP where they got 24,000.

3817 x 11 = 41987 through the gates for the season. 42,000 - 24,000 = 18,000, so they would have got a total of 18,000 for the other 10 matches, which works out an average of 1,800 per game. They had a couple of evening matches at home and I'm sure they had a few matches at Druids Park as well which would have likely knocked a bit off what they usually got at KP on a Sunday afternoon.

Hard to find official attendances per match, bar that one at SJP, but they have clearly taken into account the big one.

Edited by Paullow

39 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Aye, but the average crowd in the graphic was over 3,800, so definitely taken into account. They only play 11 matches at home in the league, 1 of those was at SJP where they got 24,000.

3817 x 11 = 41987 through the gates for the season. 42,000 - 24,000 = 18,000, so they would have got a total of 18,000 for the other 10 matches, which works out an average of 1,800 per game. They had a couple of evening matches at home and I'm sure they had a few matches at Druids Park as well which would have likely knocked a bit off what they usually got at KP on a Sunday afternoon.

Hard to find official attendances per match, bar that one at SJP, but they have clearly taken into account the big one.

What does the 1790 equate to? Is it last year's average?

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

What does the 1790 equate to? Is it last year's average?

I was trying to work that out as well, and that was my first thought, but not sure, and it's not exactly clear, ha.