Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

How much do you reckon we could have got Billing in January for LFEE?

Supply & demand & current contract value. I would think if they bought him for £15m a couple of seasons ago they’d be looking around £25m bearing in mind he’s on apparently £15-40kpw and it’s unclear if he’d of possibly only had 18month on his contract not to mention not many on here seem to rate him ? Bournemouth financial situation isn’t great and competition at that time for a midfield squad player happy to rotate and sit on bench would’ve been fairly low for those with more pull than us or could afford £25m.

Let’s do the sums £25m. Offer £50kpw x 5 years. Total package £38m. If you offload Hendrick maybe go higher to £60kpw and still not much more than £40m.

How much for the Lazio guy broken down? @joeyt

Pretty sure Bournemouth are fine financially following their takeover which is why I think they'd have been reluctant to sell any of their players in January unless it was big money.

Milinkovic Savic would obviously cost more because he's an immensely better player. Even the 5 mins video you watched of him could show that (despite him being slower than Billing apparently) :)

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Pretty sure Bournemouth are fine financially following their takeover which is why I think they'd have been reluctant to sell any of their players in January unless it was big money.

Milinkovic Savic would obviously cost more because he's an immensely better player. Even the 5 mins video you watched of him could show that (despite him being slower than Billing apparently) :)

Answer my question. I answered yours.

Probably would cost a bomb and not sure about him regarding his fitness as he recently tore his knee ligaments but I see Florian Wirtz is tearing it up again.

Might not be realistic considering the price and depending on what other clubs are after him. He will no doubt be one of the worlds best players soon if he can stay fit. We are more likely going for a cheaper alternative to get more bodies in. Probably rightly so. We have been linked but it might be too ambitious. 

31 minutes ago, maze said:

Are Eze or Olise realistic or would they be mad expensive?

The later

Any PL player now is too expensive really. The Average PL player who is young and has some talent = £60m. Shop in Spain and it's half the price.

5 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

The later

Any PL player now is too expensive really. The Average PL player who is young and has some talent = £60m. Shop in Spain and it's half the price.

Yeah. Fear so. As I wrote that both of them were involved in CPs goal.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove other than some incredibly hypothetical basic maths to show Billing would be cheaper than Milinkovic Savic

And not taking into account we'd probably have to upgrade on Billing if we want regular Champions League football which would be another huge outlay on top of the £40mil spent on Billing

Just now, joeyt said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove other than some incredibly hypothetical basic maths to show Billing would be cheaper than Milinkovic Savic

And not taking into account we'd probably have to upgrade on Billing if we want regular Champions League football which would be another huge outlay on top of the £40mil spent on Billing

For what it’s worth, Milenkovic-Savic is being touted around for about 40m euros. 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

You asked how much how much Billing would cost and I gave you an answer. I’ve asked you twice how much you think MS would cost overall. You’ve not given an answer when asked twice. Third time lucky perhaps ?

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You asked how much how much Billing would cost and I gave you an answer. I’ve asked you twice how much you think MS would cost overall. You’ve not given an answer when asked twice. Third time lucky perhaps ?

Reports suggest between £35-40 mil. I think that's a bit less than what I think he would have gone for and his wages would be high.  But I also think you've underestimated Billing's value and randomly thrown Hendrick in there

But he's a better player than Billing so we probably wouldn't have to upgrade again in the summer or next winter for another big outlay

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Reports suggest between £35-40 mil. I think that's a bit less than what I think he would have gone for and his wages would be high.  But I also think you've underestimated Billing's value and randomly thrown Hendrick in there

But he's a better player than Billing so we probably wouldn't have to upgrade again in the summer or next winter for another big outlay

It was £65-75m in fee alone in January. What’s happened to him?

What wages would he want?

Edited by LFEE

16 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Phillip Billing been mentioned? Stands out anytime I’ve seen him(could be because he’s 6’4) but he’s been Bournemouth’s best player and will have plenty of admirers in the summer. Think we’d be in a good position to sign him. 

Have to respectfully  disagree, he’s in a purple patch at the moment but his overall body of work is as a lower premier league player and we need to improve. We don’t need bodies for the sake of bodies, we need quality. 

2 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

The later

There is so much talent around Europe at much more affordable prices

Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany and France have leagues with plenty of quality.

IMO it will be a mistake to blow our wad on premier league players 

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

Would anyone consider going for Firmino?

On a free, loads of experience, grafter and still has ability. 

Team mates with Joelinton at Hoffenheim? Still a no for me- too old and wages too much. 

Firmino is not renewing his contract at L’pool because he wants more playtime. I can’t see us giving him more playtime as we already have Isak and Wilson. 

Also, what we want is more players like Botman, Bruno and Isak. Not top 4-6 rejects. They’ll probably rinse us for money for them as well. 

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Team mates with Joelinton at Hoffenheim? Still a no for me- too old and wages too much. 

Think Big Joe signed the summer he left 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Interesting bit in The Athletic about Salisu. Been linked previously and seems he’s now with the same agency as Trippier etc. One to watch…

C55549BE-A541-4C3E-A923-4E5CD94D4FE9.thumb.jpeg.64b120a10f19238d435306ac8918094a.jpeg

I thought he was a left-sided CB although might be wrong. 

I know a lot on here really rate Salisu but I've never really seen it with him. Always seems to have a big mistake in him and he's barely played since their new manager came in

Also not sure we'll be looking for a left footed centre back. I would have thought Bella-Kotchap would be a better fit and profile if we were looking at Southampton centre backs