Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I think some people see the forum as a place to vent their frustration after a defeat. Like getting the frustration out of their system. The match threads are highly emotional in many ways, and often not so rational, so I don't read them as often anymore.

I think wording matters a lot. There's a difference between saying "3 mistakes in 3 games is hard to ignore", and "3 mistakes in 3 games is fucking terrible", despite the fact that his opinion might be the same either way. What I read from it is that he thinks Trippier would benefit mentally from taking a break. We all know his ability, it's all about the mental part. He just worded himself in a very aggressive manner, indicating that he's still outright upset or mad at Trippier.

Him Being described as a liability is a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

It’s not intended to be a literal thing. Just a way of illustrating the point. I’ve stopped following the match threads when I can’t listen to the radio or watch the game because I can’t be arsed with the hysterical vitriol directed at players when there’s a mistake. Miggy and trippier in particular. I just really hope it’s not representative of what happens in the stadium. It’s a frustration that I never get to games because of location and finance so my perception of our support is coloured by the bollocks spouted in the match threads. However shit things would get in the 80’s and early 90’s when I was able to go to matches there was a sense of being much less stressed and demanding about the whole thing. Guess it’s the money and the pervasive media culture that’s been happening since 93. 
having said that, I recall people booing John Bird when the team was announced in the 70’s so maybe I’m wearing nostalgic rose tinted specs. 

Hysterical vitriol? What you expect people to say when someone's dropped a completely unnecessary and ridiculous clanger to knock us out of a cup and a chance at ending our 55 year trophy drought in the 93rd minute ? Obviously people are gonna be pissed off at the time. Vast majority of comments in this thread have been positive saying they love Trippier and back him to come back stronger, give him a break and help him with any issues etc. Footballs are passionate game which makes it what it is, people are too sensitive to slight criticism. 

Edited by WideopenMag

22 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Hysterical vitriol? What you expect people to say when someone's dropped a completely unnecessary and ridiculous clanger to knock us out of a cup and a chance at ending our 55 year trophy drought in the 93rd minute ? Obviously people are gonna be pissed off at the time. Vast majority of comments in this thread have been positive saying they love Trippier and back him to come back stronger, give him a break and help him with any issues etc. Footballs are passionate game which makes it what it is, people are too sensitive to slight criticism. 

So people calling him a liability on a match thread is reasonable then? After everything he’s done for the club and team since he arrived? 

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

So three or four errors makes the best right back in our history a liability? This is the very definition of fickle. 

In his current state in recent weeks he's been a liability, he's in a bad run of form isn't really hard to understand. He'll bounce back I'm sure. 

48 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

I would expect them to say we'd be nowhere near this point without him.

Tripps has had a mare recently, no 2 ways about it, Howe probably could/should have rotated more to avoid Tripps being so physically off the pace. Maybe Tripps also has something going on in his life, and therefore maybe he is not in the best frame of mind currently, who knows.

One thing I do know is that I back him to bounce back, and also Howe has got my backing (OK so the guy ain't perfect).

HWTL.

Edited by Bally21

Trippier's obviously had a net positive impact on us to a ludicrous degree, he's transformed us with his leadership and the level of his play going forwards and backwards. 

He's clearly going through a hard time at present, so the question is do you trust him to sort himself out and the team / management to circle around him and help him turn it around? And in the meantime say "These things happen, we still trust you".

Togetherness as a team and a fanbase is very easy when we're riding a high, not so easy when things are difficult but I think most reasonable fans have views similar to the above. He's a legend, it'll pass. 

3 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

So three or four errors makes the best right back in our history a liability? This is the very definition of fickle. 

It's not disparaging him as a player, he's clearly class but it's not unfair to suggest that he has been a liability in the last few games in the fact that he has been liable for 5 or 6 goals conceded. That's not to say as a player he's a liability, just that in his current frame of mind/fitness he has been a liability.

Give him a rest, time to recover from whatever is ailing him and he will be back better then ever.

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

It's not disparaging him as a player, he's clearly class but it's not unfair to suggest that he has been a liability in the last few games in the fact that he has been liable for 5 or 6 goals conceded. That's not to say as a player he's a liability, just that in his current frame of mind/fitness he has been a liability.

Give him a rest, time to recover from whatever is ailing him and he will be back better then ever.

Fucking hell that’s some semantic gymnastics. 

Why are people finding it so difficult to distinguish between short term form and long term ability? Clearly Trippier is a player of fantastic, proven ability who right now is performing well below this ability, to the point where his inclusion may absolutely be questioned, at least until such a time he sorts his head out. In the end I trust Howe and Tripps to make the right decision for the team, whatever that may be, but really there is no need for hysterics either way.

12 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Seems to me that Tripps form has gone downhill since that idiot fan questioned the teams commitment on social media and and Tripps quite rightly took exception to it!

I think that was just triggered by whatever has been bothering him. No way to know of course.

Edited by McDog

On 22/12/2023 at 18:13, Unbelievable said:

Why are people finding it so difficult to distinguish between short term form and long term ability? Clearly Trippier is a player of fantastic, proven ability who right now is performing well below this ability, to the point where his inclusion may absolutely be questioned, at least until such a time he sorts his head out. In the end I trust Howe and Tripps to make the right decision for the team, whatever that may be, but really there is no need for hysterics either way.

hes 33 (or fast approaching it),  and with Tino coming in it could be that taking him out of the firing line ends his career as a first choice right back. Weird as that is for someone of his ability.

definitely see this as his last season as our undoubted number 1 right back, which says as much for Tino as it does Trips