Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

He was our MOTM along with Schar and Dubs, I thought. 

Class from KDB and Bobb. But I still think he should have done a lot better at the end there. 

Still, good to see the old Tripps back. He was quality at both ends of the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought he was one of our better performers tonight. No problem with the 3rd goal from his perspective, the ball from KDB is world class. Until then Trippier had both Doku and Bobb completely under control.

Yes he was one of our better players but massively at fault for the third goal due to poor marking.

You are allowed to say it you know.  You will not explode.

Just now, Rod said:

Yes he was one of our better players but massively at fault for the third goal due to poor marking.

You are allowed to say it you know.  You will not explode.

I'd say it if I believed it, but I don't. It's not complicated Rodney.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'd say it if I believed it, but I don't. It's not complicated Rodney.

My name isn't Rodney.  If you don't see that Trips was at fault for the third and decisive goal then you are deluded.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Think he was great today. Ofcourse he could do better against the 3rd goal, but it wasnt a massive mistake. 

Just say it.  Kid Icarus won't hunt you down.

Just now, Rod said:

My name isn't Rodney.  If you don't see that Trips was at fault for the third and decisive goal then you are deluded.

Nee offence Roderick, but from my perspective you disagreeing with me is a bit of an endorsement. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Did superbly well against a tricky Doku. Unlucky with the goal but nothing like the Chelsea error. 

He wasn't unlucky with the goal.  He lost his man .......... with about a minute to go to full time.  It was shite defending.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Nee offence Roderick, but from my perspective you disagreeing with me is a bit of an endorsement. 

Cheers, you got my name correct.  No hard feelings eh?

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

He wasn't unlucky with the goal.  He lost his man .......... with about a minute to go to full time.  It was shite defending.

He was a couple of mill away from an effective challenge man. He’d just pocketed Doku all game having done the same to many others this season. Context is everything. 

Just now, Minhosa said:

He was a couple of mill away from an effective challenge man. He’d just pocketed Doku all game having done the same to many others this season. Context is everything. 

Shite defending.  Concentrate for 90 mins not 89.  That's what I was taught.

Thought he had a very good game, dealt with Doku very well.

Not going to blame him for the 3rd goal in that it wasn't a howler (see Everton, Chelsea) but no doubt he himself will realise he should have done better. He either needed to push forward alongside the CB's to play Bobb offside or if he's playing him on then he needs to be tighter.

Overall it felt like we had Trippier pre Everton so hopefully he can maintain this moving forward as we'll need him if we are to go on a run 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Not to mention what he did taking us forward for 90 mins going the other way. Maybe if he'd just stayed goalside all game and the players just parked the bus he doesn't concede that goal. But then we don't score two, and we'd probably have conceded six.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Kyle Walker undone by Isak, what a shit defender eh. 

to be fair to him based on the break up of his marriage, having a "love child" etc etc I was very surprised to see him in the line up.

Ruben Dias is shit for allowing isak to nick the ball off him and walker is shit for not tackling Gordon for his goal. 

can people not see how plainly insane you sound when you big up our own whenever we do well and then attempt to tear them down when they aren’t?

9 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

to be fair to him based on the break up of his marriage, having a "love child" etc etc I was very surprised to see him in the line up.

Didn’t realise the love child was playing?

:bluestar: