More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, madras said:

I think saying he's not very mobile is a bit harsh btw. He's not box to box cos that's not his role, reads the game well, blocks men off, very good in possession, very much the modern slightly defensive centre mid.

I understand that he doesn’t make a lot of long runs box to box or anything llike that. What I meant is that he’s a bit slow, not like Shelvey slow.

One player who I think could be a shrewd signing is Florian Grillitsch. If we are looking at realistic ones. We have been linked with him before. I think his contract might run it out in the summer too. 

We have so much work to do signing attacking players of all kinds too.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

I understand that he doesn’t make a lot of long runs box to box or anything llike that. What I meant is that he’s a bit slow, not like Shelvey slow.

You see, I don't even think Shelvey is that slow, just until recently he read the game defensively very poorly so he was always chasing.

Re Kamara I'll take a slight lack of pace for game reading ability all day and FWIW Bruno is no speedster.

Just now, madras said:

You see, I don't even think Shelvey is that slow, just until recently he read the game defensively very poorly so he was always chasing.

Re Kamara I'll take a slight lack of pace for game reading ability all day and FWIW Bruno is no speedster.

Game reading ability is obviously more important than pace. And I know Bruno is no speedster, but he’s class anyway. That’s why I think we could use another CM that has decent pace, or at least when it comes to shorter distances, to give some even better balance/mix. 

Shelvey has improved tactically but he’s still slow like, very slow :lol:

If you replace Willock (who's been great) with a Soler, or Pacqueta or someone very offensive but capable of playing centrally - you probably have the best balance you could have with our setup. I'd not replace Big Joe at all, he's too good. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Apart from him not being very mobile I would agree. That’s why I’m not sure he’d be our best choice. 

Why does he have to be mobile at all? The other two midfielders should be mobile. Who says all midfielders should be mobile?

6 minutes ago, LV said:

I’d love Doku here 

He’d be great, but there are SO many decent players we can realistically get this summer once we stay up. It’s going to be a fun time! I’d personally love Antony here. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be interesting to see how Howe wants to set up and whether it's with two 'attacking midfielders' as he is now or more of a double pivot.

Be amazed if it’s not 4-4–1-1 with both centre mids being loose all rounders.

10 minutes ago, LV said:

I’d love Doku here 

Would be received a la ASM.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’d be great, but there are SO many decent players we can realistically get this summer once we stay up. It’s going to be a fun time! I’d personally love Antony here. 

Diaz or Antony for me aswell.

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Be amazed if it’s not 4-4–1-1 with both centre mids being loose all rounders.

Would be received a la ASM.

As in he’d get moaned at for not tracking back??

Just now, LV said:

As in he’d get moaned at for not tracking back??

From the little I’ve seen he likes to hold onto the ball and isn’t the most consistent. Just had a look and he’s been injured a fair bit this season n all.  

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

yeah I’d love to see Antony here 

From the Ashworth article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10665443/Dan-Ashworth-wait-NOVEMBER-taking-Newcastles-sporting-director.html

Meanwhile, the club’s scouting team will hold a series of meetings this week to organise summer targets. We understand positions up for discussion are goalkeeper, centre-back, central midfield, winger and striker.

The goalkeepers mentioned include Arsenal’s Bernd Leno, West Bromwich Albion's Sam Johnstone, Manchester United's Dean Henderson and Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga, although the latter is seen as a loan option.

RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, the 20-year-old Croatian, will have no shortage of suitors but is expected to be part of discussions this week, as will Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly.

Midfielders under consideration are said to include Brighton’s Yves Bissouma and Leeds star Kalvin Phillips, with wingers Brennan Johnson, of Nottingham Forest, and Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby also on the list.

In attack, meanwhile, Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Benfica’s Darwin Nunez, Leverkusen’s Patrik Schick and Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad are among the targets.