Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 hours ago, Ben said:

Let's stop fucking about, buy Toney and Phillips and get this top 6 finish sorted 

We don't have 120 plus mill. and if we did ffp would not allow it.

17 hours ago, Decky said:

Bruno is obviously not going anywhere in January. We have Tonali banned, Joelinton out for the season and Willock seemingly permanently injured as well. Bruno is the only player stopping us from having a Championship at best midfield 3, why would we sell him? Obviously he has a release clause that may well be tied to Madrid or Barca, but even if it wasn't is anyone paying about £100m for him? He's class but £100m is Bellingham money.

No-one is going to shell out £100m for Bruno.  We’re as safe as houses on that front. 

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I agree. I think the market is bottling out and fees may have peaked.

The lack of transfer activity is clear.

Those Caicedo and Enzo transfers were just Chelsea going crackers.  They aren’t a benchmark for Bruno’s value - those players wouldn’t go for close to that now. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Those Caicedo and Enzo transfers were just Chelsea going crackers.  They aren’t a benchmark for Bruno’s value - those players wouldn’t go for close to that now. 

I’ve just read that Chelsea got away with the spending spree with the PL because of the 7-8 year contracts.

The same doesn’t apply in Europe. So if do get in Europe they are screwed and will have to sell players again.

Gallagher being a prime player to sell because he would bring a high fee with no actual cost.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I’ve just read that Chelsea got away with the spending spree with the PL because of the 7-8 year contracts.

The same doesn’t apply in Europe. So if do get in Europe they are screwed and will have to sell players again.

Gallagher being a prime player to sell because he would bring a high fee with no actual cost.

Yep, they did so to amortise over that period.  That loophole is now closed, but it actually fucks them for years, with a load of overpaid players on the books whose transfer fees are hamstringing them going forwards

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, they did so to amortise over that period.  That loophole is now closed, but it actually fucks them for years, with a load of overpaid players on the books whose transfer fees are hamstringing them going forwards

That’s right. And people can say well they can just sell the players. Yes they can but if they don’t sell them for more than their amortised value on the balance sheet it has no major impact on FFP.

So players who have been at the club for longer are more sellable assets.

The whole thing is a mess.

23 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Its not just them though, there was also RIce going for £100M+ as a proven PL midfielder. Man Utd have also spent £75-80 million on far inferior players to Bruno in recent windows.

Its also not necesarily just his market value to consider but his worth to us, which I'd argue is massive given we havent won a league game without him for 18 months.

41 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Its not just them though, there was also RIce going for £100M+ as a proven PL midfielder. Man Utd have also spent £75-80 million on far inferior players to Bruno in recent windows.

Its also not necesarily just his market value to consider but his worth to us, which I'd argue is massive given we havent won a league game without him for 18 months.

Not targeted at you @Ghandis Flip-Flop but have seen this referred to a lot and it's very odd to me that people regularly mention this stat about our record without Bruno as if it has genuine merit, it's 5 league games, and we only lost one of them which was at Anfield. It's such a tiny amount of games, we're currently on a run of losing 6 on the bounce in the league in games against 11 men with Bruno starting them all, that also doesn't mean a huge lot other than we're in a bit of a rough spell at the moment! It's been suggested that we can't even win games without him, that's complete nonsense and an absurd viewpoint, we aren't a one-man team. He's one of our best and most creative players so obviously there's a drop-off when he doesn't play, but if he leaves we'll be just fine, we'll re-invest the money and strengthen in multiple areas and go again without him. If he wants to stay I hope he stays and we build the team around him, Isak, and Botman, but if he wants to leave then good luck to him, I wouldn't blame him given his age, a football career is a short one, just don't go to fucking Liverpool! :)

3 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Not targeted at you @Ghandis Flip-Flop but have seen this referred to a lot and it's very odd to me that people regularly mention this stat about our record without Bruno as if it has genuine merit, it's 5 league games, and we only lost one of them which was at Anfield. It's such a tiny amount of games, we're currently on a run of losing 6 on the bounce in the league in games against 11 men with Bruno starting them all, that also doesn't mean a huge lot other than we're in a bit of a rough spell at the moment! It's been suggested that we can't even win games without him, that's complete nonsense and an absurd viewpoint, we aren't a one-man team. He's one of our best and most creative players so obviously there's a drop-off when he doesn't play, but if he leaves we'll be just fine, we'll re-invest the money and strengthen in multiple areas and go again without him. If he wants to stay I hope he stays and we build the team around him, Isak, and Botman, but if he wants to leave then good luck to him, I wouldn't blame him given his age, a football career is a short one, just don't go to fucking Liverpool! :)

And just like that he goes to…….

Liverpool.

Nah just kidding. You’re right what you say. Keep him. He’s not going anywhere this window.

I very much doubt anyone can afford him in the summer either with FFP.

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Rice is English - and the passport attracts a premium. 

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

It’s also not necesarily just his market value to consider but his worth to us, which I'd argue is massive given we havent won a league game without him for 18 months.

I’m going to be facetious, but we haven’t won one with him for quite some time ;) 

3 hours ago, mondonewc said:

Never suggested we wouldn't, was more of a reason why we'd demand a premium to sell him above and beyond what may be his perceived market value

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Never suggested we wouldn't, was more of a reason why we'd demand a premium to sell him above and beyond what may be his perceived market value

Yeah that part wasn't aimed at you :) 

In summary:

He's settled and wants to stay.

He turned Liverpool down last summer.

His agent insisted on the release clause for bargaining power.

He would never push to leave and would do so if the club insisted, say for FFP purposes.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In summary:

He would never push to leave and would do so if the club insisted, say for FFP purposes.

IMG_3511.thumb.png.9e1a01fa61b14b1fb11157b08214cc9f.png
??

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

In summary:

That’s good news - is the source reliable?

1 minute ago, RS said:

If he’s buying property in the north west he’s heading to Manchesters or Liverpool 

Do you think it's a typo and they think they mean North East? As much as I don't want Bruno sold if he had to be I don't think I could stomach him going to City or Liverpool.  More like Barca or Madrid.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

Do you think it's a typo and they think they mean North East? As much as I don't want Bruno sold if he had to be I don't think I could stomach him going to City or Liverpool.  More like Barca or Madrid.

Yep. No foreign types knows where Newcastle is on the map!  Even Warren Barton struggled. 

Edited by RS