Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

9 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

There’s a number of outlets out there claiming Bruno is unhappy and he wants the PSG move.

Load of bollocks mind. But is weird that a number are reporting it.

Coincidentally his agent is in Paris, and so is he.

IMG_4740.gif

Which ones are reporting he's unhappy?

7 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

There’s a number of outlets out there claiming Bruno is unhappy and he wants the PSG move.

Load of bollocks mind. But is weird that a number are reporting it.

Coincidentally his agent is in Paris, and so is he.

IMG_4740.gif

Can see it happening in the Summer and we are probably getting primed for it through the media. Not in January though. There's nee bugger in MF as it is.

PSG and being in Paris doesn't scare me. That weekend we play Fulham on the other hand......

Being in London would line up with Chelsea wanting to sign him

Edited by TBG

Am I being naive or just being influenced by my previous background. But I struggle to conceive a world whereby Saudi ownership allows their Crown Jewels to be taken from them by a Qatari entity. Unless you’ve spent time in that part of the world or worked with people from there, I think it’s difficult to understand the mutual hatred that exists between them. 

The naive RAF Junior officers and Civil servants who thought they’d be fine to share a training Squadron for training their Typhoon pilots and engineers, became quickly and acutely aware of what the two nations thought of each other.

Of course he's looking to move. He's 26, one of the best players in the league and he'll want to win major trophies. We're 9th and not really all that close to competing at the top. He might well love it here, but achievement in the game trumps that for him you'd imagine. 

I do think though, that he'll be well aware that there's only a few clubs that can provide that opportunity. PSG? I cant see him fancying that. They're going backwards, not going to win the CL (especially with Mbappe leaving) and who cares about Ligue1.  I think he'll be off in the summer, possibly to Real Madrid and it'll be a move that suits him and in the clubs eyes, suits the club. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

1 minute ago, TBG said:

PSG and being in Paris doesn't scare me. That weekend we play Fulham on the other hand......

Being in London would line up with Chelsea wanting to sign him

They’ve got to be getting close to their ffp limit, even if they sell Gallagher and a few more academy products in the next few windows. I think Bruno is clever enough to see the two clubs respective trajectories too. They are a long way away from being a coherent club

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

PSG? I cant see him fancying that. They're going backwards, not going to win the CL (especially with Mbappe leaving) and who cares about Ligue1.  I think he'll be off in the summer, possibly to Real Madrid and it'll be a move that suits him and in the clubs eyes, suits the club. 

Agree, can't see PSG being that appealing to him.

6 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

They’ve got to be getting close to their ffp limit, even if they sell Gallagher and a few more academy products in the next few windows. I think Bruno is clever enough to see the two clubs respective trajectories too. They are a long way away from being a coherent club

Read somewhere not sure if it was Kieran Maguire or Swiss ramble but they need to find a 100m before July. 

13 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Of course he's looking to move. He's 26, one of the best players in the league and he'll want to win major trophies. We're 9th and not really all that close to competing at the top. He might well love it here, but achievement in the game trumps that for him you'd imagine. 

I do think though, that he'll be well aware that there's only a few clubs that can provide that opportunity. PSG? I cant see him fancying that. They're going backwards, not going to win the CL (especially with Mbappe leaving) and who cares about Ligue1.  I think he'll be off in the summer, possibly to Real Madrid and it'll be a move that suits him and in the clubs eyes, suits the club. 

Of course he’s looking to move? What are you on about?

He came when we were battling relegation, I’m not sure how fast he expected us to become a major European force. 

Wish we could ever enjoy having a good player. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Imagine he posted one saying he wants to leave.

Some posters on here would love that, fuel their incessantly negative drivel

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Agree, can't see PSG being that appealing to him.

Imagine being a 26 year old multi millionaire in Paris, though. 

Doesn't get much better than that. 

Not offering any opinion on stay or go, btw, just as aside.

TBH if he went, it'd be pretty depressing for us as it'd show up the PL for even more of a closed shop than we thought it was. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Of course he’s looking to move? What are you on about?

He came when we were battling relegation, I’m not sure how fast he expected us to become a major European force. 

Wish we could ever enjoy having a good player. 

He literally had a clause put in his contract that lowers his release clause for two clubs. 

He might have came when we were battling relegation, but every player that comes from France is somewhat unproven. Now he's not. He's proven himself to be one of the best in Europe. 

We can enjoy a player but you dont have to delude yourself about footballers and their career ambitions. He'll want to maximise what he achieves in the years left of his career, thats completely normal and its naïve to think otherwise.  

Edited by Doctor Zaius

20 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

We're 9th and not really all that close to competing at the top. He might well love it here, but achievement in the game trumps that for him you'd imagine. 

and he will also be aware (more than most on here) why we are 9th at the moment, and that we are still moving in the right direction to be where he wants us to be.

Never understood the "Bruno will leave if we don't get CL"-brigade. He doesn't strike me as a player who will force a move like that unless it's for too good to turn down money, when he can see we are moving in the right direction.

I genuinely don’t think he wants to go, like. He came here when we were 19th and he’s been on a hell of a ride over the past couple of years with us. He loves the club and is loved by the club. If Real Madrid or Barcelona come knocking I can understand yeah, but PSG? Nah.

Mind you, if he was genuinely wanting out because we’ve had a rough couple of months then maybe we’d be better off taking the money and reinvesting. 

I don't want to lose Bruno, but if we have to, because of FFP or him becoming disillusioned with the speed of the project, I'd want him to go to PSG, Barca or Real Madrid. If that happened I'd hold no ill feeling towards him. He's goes anywhere in the Prem and I'd question our ownership and Bruno would be dead to me.

* For the record, Bruno doesn't come across as the sort of player who'd do the dirty on us, but like others have said, if he wanted to go I'd have to ask whether it's worth keeping someone like that.

Edited by Armchair Pundit