Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

42 minutes ago, duo said:

Do you think it's a typo and they think they mean North East? As much as I don't want Bruno sold if he had to be I don't think I could stomach him going to City or Liverpool.  More like Barca or Madrid.

It says North East in the article.

bit worried about him, imo we need to show him we can offer CL football and this years CL was not a one off in a way that now we will not be back for 3 seasons.

for that he needs to see serious transfers next summer and squad rebuild.

some of our players tasted CL football this season and while result wise it wasnt good with proper horrible luck with the draw, CL is still the cream of top football. being in it as a player especially plying the later rounds is huge thing.

we need to keep aiming very high as thats how will be able to sign better and better players. we need to sell them the dream of playing huge CL games in near future. but thats also the way to keep our elite players at the club.

if we tell today to Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Botman that next 3 seasons we will have 2x EL campaigns and one Conference campaign, well their agent would knock on the door quickly.

even with Tonali I am not 100% sure he would have signed if we didnt clinch the 4th place last season. (still fuming about this betting scandal shit that hit us very hard despite having nothing to do with it while Milan laughing with the transfer fee instead of them having him out for a season.)

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

In his latest BBC podcast, Edwards says he expects him to be off on the summer.

Going to have to do some serious rebuilding if that happens. I can imagine that we will spend quite a lot of money if it does, though.

Edited by Erikse

Obviously don't want him to leave but 100 million is a good price , if we spend it well we can strengthen the team build it round Isak and we be good to challenge the top 4 again next season with no European football.

make no mistake if he leaves it will because he wants to play CL regularly every season not maybe once in next 3 seasons.  we can wrap it into we needed to sell for FFP, but thats just cosmetics..

he certainly wont play CL next season if he stays. if Man U and Chelsea manages to improve a lot in this next period it will be brutal hard to catch up with them with the mega squads they are able to build and spend further huge sums each summer. they wont underperform so much for much longer imo.

two problems with selling him.

1. he may go to a rival in PL.

2. the replacement would cost shit load of money without guarantee he will be anywhere as good or we just simply become a weaker team due to loss of him.

The thing that concerns me is who can realistically afford to pay £100M+? In the past Madrid and Barcelona might've been possibilities, but they’re skint. Only a PL rival can afford his fee and that would really sting. Hence why I’m hopeful it’ll be the likes of Wilson, Miggy etc who'll be out of the door this summer rather than Bruno. If he'd wanted Liverpool or similar he could’ve pushed for it last summer, but he didn’t. I think we’ve got under his skin and will have at least one more season with him. Fail to get CL qualification next year again and then he might be off

34 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

The thing that concerns me is who can realistically afford to pay £100M+? In the past Madrid and Barcelona might've been possibilities, but they’re skint. Only a PL rival can afford his fee and that would really sting. Hence why I’m hopeful it’ll be the likes of Wilson, Miggy etc who'll be out of the door this summer rather than Bruno. If he'd wanted Liverpool or similar he could’ve pushed for it last summer, but he didn’t. I think we’ve got under his skin and will have at least one more season with him. Fail to get CL qualification next year again and then he might be off

Enjoy the game [emoji38]

41 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

PSG.

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

with FFP you imagine nobody can realistically pay £100m for anyone without selling a bunch of players.

On 23/01/2024 at 10:35, BShearer said:

make no mistake if he leaves it will because he wants to play CL regularly every season not maybe once in next 3 seasons.  we can wrap it into we needed to sell for FFP, but thats just cosmetics..

he certainly wont play CL next season if he stays. if Man U and Chelsea manages to improve a lot in this next period it will be brutal hard to catch up with them with the mega squads they are able to build and spend further huge sums each summer. they wont underperform so much for much longer imo.

two problems with selling him.

1. he may go to a rival in PL.

2. the replacement would cost shit load of money without guarantee he will be anywhere as good or we just simply become a weaker team due to loss of him.

You must be fun at parties.