Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

He would be absolutely unreal with players around him who are of the same/better quality than him. He's an immense player.

Passing to KDB, Foden and Bernardo instead of Longstaff and Miggy.

17 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Unsurprising . If results and form dont pick up will he lose faith in Eddie ? Same goes for Isak 

Projecting much? :lol: Bruno and rest of the squad seem very happy with Eddie to me.

1 hour ago, Orphanage said:

Unsurprising . If results and form dont pick up will he lose faith in Eddie ? Same goes for Isak 

You’re right actually. Can see a few of the players starting to flick the v’s behind howe’s back when he’s not watching. Worrying.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm pretty sure if someone offers £100m we're going to accept it. And it's probably the right decision, but I will hate every second of it.

I can’t see how we can replace him with a player of equal quality for less money. 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You’re right actually. Can see a few of the players starting to flick the v’s behind howe’s back when he’s not watching. Worrying.

A little birdie told me Bruno and Isak went to Staveley after the match last night and said its either Eddie or them. 

4 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I can’t see how we can replace him with a player of equal quality for less money. 

How did we get him in the first place? 

We repeat that.

Just now, Orphanage said:

Ooh sarcasm 😎 Players of that quality wont be hanging around in a mid table team that probably wont qualify for Europe 

Luckily it seems we have players intelligent enough to recognise this season for what it has been, that are excited about our project even if we were to finish mid table this season.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Luckily it seems we have players intelligent enough to recognise this season for what it has been, that are excited about our project even if we were to finish mid table this season.

I doubt they look at it like that . They can leave to play in better teams and make more dosh is probably how they look at it . That doesnt make them anything other than realistic  btw . Add in the managers limitations and the club being hamstrung in terms of spending in order to get better players around Bruno Isak etc and its a no brainer

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If that’s our finishing position, you honestly believe the likes of Bruno, Isak, Botman and whoever else wouldn’t want to move on if a major European club put in an acceptable offer for them in the summer? 

Just now, Orphanage said:

I doubt they look at it like that . They can leave to play in better teams and make more dosh is probably how they look at it . That doesnt make them anything other than realistic  btw . Add in the managers limitations and the club being hamstrung in terms of spending in order to get better players around Bruno Isak etc and its a no brainer

Discarding what you think they look at and think of what you class as a manager with limitations:

They won't make more money at any other club in the world than Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea unless they can leave on a free transfer.

Don't see any of them wanting to join Chelsea unless the money is so ridiculous even the staunchest Newcastle fan would leave us in favor of them. Same for PSG due to the quality of games outside of CL.

Any of the other clubs any player would want to join at the moment, but I don't see any of them spending and offering either us, Bruno or Isak what it would take to price them away.

Just now, Conjo said:

Discarding what you think they look at and think of what you class as a manager with limitations:

They won't make more money at any other club in the world than Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea unless they can leave on a free transfer.

Don't see any of them wanting to join Chelsea unless the money is so ridiculous even the staunchest Newcastle fan would leave us in favor of them. Same for PSG due to the quality of games outside of CL.

Any of the other clubs any player would want to join at the moment, but I don't see any of them spending and offering either us, Bruno or Isak what it would take to price them away.

Well if we finish the season say 10th and clubs come in for them then we'll see what happens won't we ? Don't put your house on them staying though but 

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If that’s our finishing position, you honestly believe the likes of Bruno, Isak, Botman and whoever else wouldn’t want to move on if a major European club put in an acceptable offer for them in the summer? 

Yeah, I do believe that. It's not like we're getting fucking relegated to the championship is it? :lol: Liverpool didn't get CL this season. How many of their top players left in a huff? Chelsea a mid table team can retain and pick up whomever they want. Arsenal finished 8th twice in a row under Arteta did they have to sell their best players because they didn't want to be there?

These are players who are playing for an ambitious club, which they are well aware of, and every player getting interviewed is always bragging about how good group they are. They are getting paid a lot more than what they would get elsewhere in Europe and play in the best league in the world™. One season outside of CL won't scare them away.

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Well if we finish the season say 10th and clubs come in for them then we'll see what happens won't we ? Don't put your house on them staying though but 

Cheer up miserable git

15 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

We should get Mourinho in. All players LOVE playing for him 

We’d be a lot further down the table if our players dropped their arses as quick as some of the folk on this forum. 

The logic of them leaving if we don’t get Europe makes no sense, as we weren’t in Europe when they signed for us and I’m sure they weren’t expecting CL so soon.

I think in each of their cases they will be wanting to see how ambitious the club are in the transfer window and how each of their games can go to another level. Isak will be wanting better service and more chances and Bruno will be wanting to play in the number 8 role. The answer has in a change of system. Play with a proper number 6 and two fullbacks that can push up. 

Edited by aussiemag

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Yeah, I do believe that. It's not like we're getting fucking relegated to the championship is it? :lol: Liverpool didn't get CL this season. How many of their top players left in a huff? Chelsea a mid table team can retain and pick up whomever they want. Arsenal finished 8th twice in a row under Arteta did they have to sell their best players because they didn't want to be there?

These are players who are playing for an ambitious club, which they are well aware of, and every player getting interviewed is always bragging about how good group they are. They are getting paid a lot more than what they would get elsewhere in Europe and play in the best league in the world™. One season outside of CL won't scare them away.

Going to have to disagree with pretty much all of that. The clubs you reference are among the biggest in the world as well, which I don’t think is a fair comparison to our situation.

If an acceptable offer arrives from an elite European club, they will leave. 

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Going to have to disagree with pretty much all of that. The clubs you reference are among the biggest in the world as well, which I don’t think is a fair comparison to our situation.

If an acceptable offer arrives from an elite European club, they will leave. 

Which clubs specifically do you think could afford to buy and pay them, besides those I mentioned a few posts over?

10 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think in each of their cases they will be wanting to see how ambitious the club are in the transfer window and how each of their games can go to another level. Isak will be wanting better service and more chances and Bruno will be wanting to play in the number 8 role. The answer has in a change of system. Play with a proper number 6 and two fullbacks that can push up. 

Where and when have they indicated that? All I've ever seen is them saying they will play anywhere to help the team.