Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

This is why we simply have to progress this season, probably into some form of European football whether that's Europa League or Conference League in order to indicate to our top players of how much we want to grow. Being happy with 11th-8th will get you nowhere in terms of holding onto your best players and attracting new ones. Look at Leicester now after missing out.

We only finished 7 points off Europe last season and we didn't win in the first 14 games and had 1 win after 21 games. Progress is required.

Just now, KaKa said:

For me It's not a worry. I'm just saying what I think the situation is.

He's come in and absolutely knocked it out of the park with us and far surpassed any kind of progress we could likely make in the short term.

And so unfortunately the likes of Real Madrid are now at our doorstep. Just one of those things. Yes, it's a shame, but it's still a huge win for the scouts because they absolutely got it right, and they'll just have to go again, but with a lot more money to play with.

Wasn't aimed at you mate or anyone.. 

It's not a worry for me..don't see any reason yet for him to pack up and leave.. he's seems to love it here and is idolised..

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This is why we simply have to progress this season, probably into some form of European football whether that's Europa League or Conference League in order to indicate to our top players of how much we want to grow. Being happy with 11th-8th will get you nowhere in terms of holding onto your best players and attracting new ones. Look at Leicester now after missing out.

We only finished 7 points off Europe last season and we didn't win in the first 14 games and had 1 win after 21 games. Progress is required.

If we can add two top quality attacking players, I genuinely feel we can have a shot at the top 6, but if we finish mid-table again, it will be like a missed opportunity and none of our better players will want to hang around to go again next season to aim for 8th or something. Go big or go home as they say!

10 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

I mean, I think we will have to get used to losing players that way to get to where we want to be. Surely the plan is to buy and then sell at the right time and use that as a way of building the club. If a club came in with silly money sure we would move him on, it’s just about timing.

I don't necessarily think we will be looking to do that as an approach per se.

But with where we are currently at, it is possible that if we get a player in and they far exceed expectations enough to attract the very top clubs, then we might find that we will have to sell.

But those clubs will have to reward us very handsomely too, and so that will also be an opportunity for us to fast track our progress as a club as well, because the team can then be improved upon and built up faster.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Tbf I imagine Real Madrid is probably the pinnacle for any player like him/any player at all. We could win the league this season and he could still be lured if such genuine interest emerged. It's a sign of how much things have improved at this club that such a link even exists. 

I'd be absolutely mortified if he ended up somewhere like ManU or Chelsea, mind.

Second this. At the same time; Selling Bruno and then, possibly, not strengthening the squad is for me nothing short of failure. 

We need to add MC, RW and FWD to what we already have. 

Getting beaten by fucking Wolves brings back memories from pre oct 21.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Mike said:

That was the funniest game ever but this pic always fucks me up. :lol:

It was hilarious to watch that game, I did feel bad for the old man though and Brazil are probably my 3rd fave footballing team after NUFC and England. Flip took some stick that day/night, but to his credit took it like a man, unlike his team who blubbed their eyes out [emoji38]

One thing I won't let happen is let the potential of players leaving ruin this next few years of watching the club grow and build..

If players want to go because we're not at a place they want yet...then let them leave.. this is far bigger than one player being happy.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If we can add two top quality attacking players, I genuinely feel we can have a shot at the top 6, but if we finish mid-table again, it will be like a missed opportunity and none of our better players will want to hang around to go again next season to aim for 8th or something. Go big or go home as they say!

That is not true. I think this is a particularly unique situation with Real Madrid coming in for him, especially with the likes of Modric and Kroos coming to the end of their run.

I don't foresee any kind of realistic progress that keeps him here, even if we finish top 6. If Madrid don't have the money and try to offer a silly fee, then we can hold them off because Bruno I don't think would force a move if they aren't paying what we want for him. If they put up the money though, then I think it would be inevitable.

Guest HTT II
Just now, KaKa said:

That is not true. I think this is a particularly unique situation with Real Madrid coming in for him, especially with the likes of Modric and Kroos coming to the end of their run.

I don't foresee any kind of realistic progress that keeps him here, even if we finish top 6. If Madrid don't have the money and try to offer a silly fee, then we can hold them off because Bruno I don't think would force a move if they aren't paying what we want for him. If they put up the money though, then I think it would be inevitable.

Unless we get European football soon, the likes of Bruno won’t hang around long, whether it’s Real Madrid in for him or say AC Milan. It’s imperative we get European football soon.

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If Real Madrid come in for him it's completely irrelevant if we make the Conference League, he'll still want to go. 

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

One thing I won't let happen is let the potential of players leaving ruin this next few years of watching the club grow and build..

If players want to go because we're not at a place they want yet...then let them leave.. this is far bigger than one player being happy.

Bruno has been amazing and joined us while we were in the bottom three. I could never fault the guy if this ended up happening. like I already said it's quite a unique opportunity.

The way the club is setup now. Any such sale is only going to mean we can actually take the next steps quicker and build up the squad in more areas. It will not be sending us backwards at all.

Just now, KaKa said:

Bruno has been amazing and joined us while we were in the bottom three. I could never fault the guy if this ended up happening. like I already said it's quite a unique opportunity.

The way the club is setup now. Any such sale is only going to mean we can actually take the next steps quicker and build up the squad in more areas. It will not be sending us backwards at all.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I

As far as I know Real Madrid haven't come in for him, there has just been some speculation about it which has been posted here in the last hour. I think we are jumping the gun a little bit writing farewell letters and putting loaded guns to our heads ready for his departure.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Unless we get European football soon, the likes of Bruno won’t hang around long, whether it’s Real Madrid in for him or say AC Milan. It’s imperative we get European football soon.

I don't agree. AC Milan couldn't even afford Botman.

We're talking about clubs that would have to be ready to pay over 100 million, because we can currently justify asking for that. 

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

If we sold him we start to look like a team in bother again. Far too late to even think about it. 

Not a cat in hells chance he leaves this window.. if it happens in jan.. then we have big money to replace