Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

A yard of pace away from the top, top clubs.

Which I don't really mind as it means it might put them off paying big money for him! 

No chance, he’s more than good enough already. He would be absolutely lethal in a possession based team. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No chance, he’s more than good enough already. He would be absolutely lethal in a possession based team. 

Just let me believe that's the reason he is still with us... The more the media big him up the cheaper that sell on fee sounds! 

Let's just keep the one footed, slow paced, dodgy tackling mad man here...  

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This! He wouldn’t need pace at all in some teams. I wouldn’t even say he needs it for us. Just build everything else around him. Tactics/personnel/style.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Just let me believe that's the reason he is still with us... The more the media big him up the cheaper that sell on fee sounds! 

Let's just keep the one footed, slow paced, dodgy tackling mad man here...  

I see your point mate. But every big club in Europe know every single detail about him and how he could elevate their team to another level. 

He’s a one footed passer but he uses both feet on the dribble and to trap the ball.  And uses the outside of his foot well. Like a young Luka Modric. 

Thats the worst thing about Miggy. He won’t use his right foot to do anything.   He’ll awkwardly control the ball with his left to avoid using his right. 

The one thing about him here is that he’s truly him for us. He’s the man. He plays like the man. Everyone in the team knows he’s the man. And he embraces it. Go somewhere else and he’ll become a cog. Not sure if that suits him. 

It’s like the opposite of Gini. Gini is a good player but he’s never ‘the man’ type player. Doesn’t want the responsibility. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

The one thing about him here is that he’s truly him for us. He’s the man. He plays like the man. Everyone in the team knows he’s the man. And he embraces it. Go somewhere else and he’ll become a cog. Not sure if that suits him. 

It’s like the opposite of Gini. Gini is a good player but he’s never ‘the man’ type player. Doesn’t want the responsibility. 

They had some Brazilian journalist on the Totally football show last season who regularly interviews the South American lad in the Prem. She was saying that he was completely taken aback by the level of hero status he has up here and thrives on it. 

I'm not saying he will be sold or wants to go or anything but i think the idea that a player can't both love playing for a club and also make hard nosed decisions on their career on discussion with their team is a bit of a fan fantasy. It certainly makes it more appealing for him to stay, and easier for us to refuse to sell. It is the nature of the modern game unfortunately that agents are highly motivated to arrange moves for their players as they earn massive financial rewards for doing so (would love for this to change I'm sure little has contributed more to that crazy player price inflation) and players want to play for as high profile a club as they can. I also don't think that means there's any dishonesty in how much bruno seems to enjoy it here tho.

"I'm not going to confirm whether there is or isn't any release clauses in Bruno or any other of our player's contracts," said Ashworth. "They're all private and confidential.

"I can say to you about the principles of release clauses and you can have a situation where a player may have a dream country or club that they want to play for and you can make it specific to them, you can make it specific that it can sit outside of your competitors in the Premier League.

"Sometimes players view the fact that they're happy to sign a long-term contract but if family situations change they may want to experience something different."

Perhaps in reading into it too too much, but that reads to me like he won't be going to another club in England, if and when he does lead.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s a one footed passer but he uses both feet on the dribble and to trap the ball.  And uses the outside of his foot well. Like a young Luka Modric. 

Nice positive post, like it. But wait.....

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Thats the worst thing about Miggy. He won’t use his right foot to do anything.   He’ll awkwardly control the ball with his left to avoid using his right. 

Ahh, here he is.

28(!) progressive passes yesterday :lol:. Not sure I've ever seen that many in one game tbh.

For context the most he's managed in a game this season so far was 11 and he's averaging around 8 per 90. Bumps him up in the standings a bit and ahead of Rodri :cool:  

image.thumb.png.f3f220652972903131fc0c13504fc4b5.png

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In a thread about Bruno, where he's just completely dominated a game, again, and people are still finding a way to criticise Almiron in it. It's ace really :lol:

We are talking about being one footed tbf.  

I’ve been fairly positive about Almiron in recent weeks. He’s been getting more stick for the same level of performance he’s been doing for the majority of his time here. Which I don’t understand.  

Just now, Shearergol said:

In a thread about Bruno, where he's just completely dominated a game, again, and people are still finding a way to criticise Almiron in it. It's ace really :lol:

He has a valid point on Miggy though so he is not wrong. Whether it’s wrong or not to mention in here is a different matter depending on who reads it. Surely you’re allowed to make comparisons with other players in  player x thread. 

Some people have gone overboard with the hate and criticism against players by almost abusing them and saying they are absolutely shite and this and that. I definitely don’t agree with that, especially when it goes too far. However you should also be allowed to say “negative” things and express your opinion on whatever it might be that you don’t like or rate or something that isn’t working at the moment without it being judged as total negativity and abuse, why do you support this club and this and that. It’s ok to think player x has been very poor, or player x can be improved. Or say that we have been shite during a game. There just needs to be a balance. All this positive/negative stuff has got ridiculous with two different sides being relentless about it. It’s tiresome, from both sides. Not all is Black or White. There needs to be a balance from both sides and everyone in between. The forum would be much better for it. 

I know I went a bit everywhere with this. Could say that this post was meant in general for this forum. So not literally aimed at you as I went blah blah. 

This forum can be so much better, no matter “what side” you’re on or in between. Sometimes people only choose to take notice of the negative while also missing out on all the positives a poster makes. Valid points and balance is all I’m saying. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He has a valid point on Miggy though so he is not wrong. Whether it’s wrong or not to mention in here is a different matter depending on who reads it. Surely you’re allowed to make comparisons with other players in  player x thread. 

Some people have gone overboard with the hate and criticism against players by almost abusing them and saying they are absolutely shite and this and that. I definitely don’t agree with that, especially when it goes too far. However you should also be allowed to say “negative” things and express your opinion on whatever it might be that you don’t like or rate or something that isn’t working at the moment without it being judged as total negativity and abuse, why do you support this club and this and that. It’s ok to think player x has been very poor, or player x can be improved. Or say that we have been shite during a game. There just needs to be a balance. All this positive/negative stuff has got ridiculous with two different sides being relentless about it. It’s tiresome, from both sides. Not all is Black or White. There needs to be a balance from both sides and everyone in between. The forum would be much better for it. 

I know I went a bit everywhere with this. Could say that this post was meant in general for this forum. So not literally aimed at you as I went blah blah. 

This forum can be so much better, no matter “what side” you’re on or in between. Sometimes people only choose to take notice of the negative while also missing out on all the positives a poster makes. Valid points and balance is all I’m saying. 

I actually agree with the sentiment here (and you'll notice I did quote both the positive and the negative), but everyone in the world knows that Miggy is one footed, I'm not really sure how mentioning it over and over again adds much to the forum? It's hardly ground breaking pointing it out is it?

8 hours ago, Astroblack said:

One footed? He pings 60 yard diags with his left and right foot. They're not on the comp because they were intercepted but he has that ability. 

Yeah, I saw it. He did it once iirc and a Fulham player picked it up. He normally just passes with his right. Just an observation. 
Longstaff who’s not nearly as good a passer can and does use both feet. It can be handy like…

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I can’t ever picture a ‘6’ being anything but a left-sided centre half, given that it was the old left-half number when the numbering first came in in the late ‘30s.

Not sure when everyone decided on describing positions as numbers, but it doesn’t make a lick of sense to do so - football formations and positions aren’t rigid, so describing a position by a number isn’t a great idea. 

aye, the classic 4 destroyer seems to have been forgotten.

Edited by huss9