Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

9 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

I know I’m not towing the party line here and of course results don’t tell us the bigger picture, but Bruce was not a disaster from a results perspective until the start of his final season. I think 13th and 12th was reasonable on paper given the squad he had and I’ve yet to see anyone suggest otherwise. 

His tactics were dreadful (or non-existent) but I think the main cause of hostility was he was a classless and lazy idiot. 

In terms of xPts from understat we "should" have finished 15th and 16th. The football was obviously shit but we over performed which was pretty clear via eye test. The 16th was only a couple of points from relegation so a couple of key things falling the other way could have seen that as a relegation season quite easily. So no it wasn't great on paper. 

1 hour ago, Cf said:

In terms of xPts from understat we "should" have finished 15th and 16th. The football was obviously shit but we over performed which was pretty clear via eye test. The 16th was only a couple of points from relegation so a couple of key things falling the other way could have seen that as a relegation season quite easily. So no it wasn't great on paper. 

Yeah the football was horrendous without doubt, though my point was based on results he wasn’t a disaster and ultimately on paper we’re looking at eventual outcomes. 

I would say 15/16th didn’t seem terrible anyway with that squad and injuries we had. Bruce had a mare with Schar and Joelinton (even Howe didn’t initially think he was a centre mid though), but our star players were arguably Dubravka (a good midtable keeper then), Wilson (a great striker but often injured) and ASM (at times brilliant, but also regularly frustrates and was often injured). 

I seem to remember us finishing above Brighton, who weren’t far from relegation, yet their manager got a lot of praise and quite a few players were rated highly. 

Edited by St. Maximin

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Just seen this cunt is one of the panel on Soccer Special tonight. Another fucking payday! 😡

“I’m not saying I’ve got all the answers but 1000 games managed suggests maybe I know a thing or two. That’s not for me to say, all I want is a fair crack at giving my opinion”

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

“I’m not saying I’ve got all the answers but 1000 games managed suggests maybe I know a thing or two. That’s not for me to say, all I want is a fair crack at giving my opinion”

6301c831-0f59-4e80-996a-ffa80614bcec.thumb.jpeg.7391b4814ef162e8119e775b74559434.jpeg

58 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Just seen this cunt is one of the panel on Soccer Special tonight. Another fucking payday! 😡

Why are you surprised? He's a media darling

6 hours ago, Jilted Generator said:

2-1 Real what a game

edit wrong thread [emoji38]

Ancelotti can't afford to be blowing leads when one of the most important managers England has ever had is available and looking for his next job.

Edited by Pandamninator