sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

[emoji38] I was meaning why am I out of my mind, then following with you don't want them promoted, as the question. 

tbf, I understand why people detest them, but derby games would be fun.

I’m racking my brains for derbies that were fun … and I’m finding none of them.   Even when we’ve won handily.  They’re fucking miserable experiences. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m racking my brains for derbies that were fun … and I’m finding none of them.   Even when we’ve won handily.  They’re fucking miserable experiences. 

I don't want them up yet, but what you on about?

All the Stadium of Light wins, and the 5-1, are amongst my absolute top football highlights.

I've so many great memories of that derby games from the late 80s onwards . Don't forget we owned these cunts for decades.

Yes they surprised everyone on here this season regardless of what they finish up as. However never forget that not one of them would wish us promotion if the tables were turned and I certainly don't want them "up" , I want them down , always . A shit stain of an area ,fan base and club for whom I wish nothing but hurt because that's what they want for us so nah .... They aren't favourites to go up so I will trust the bookies on this as I know little about the credentials of the 4 teams who all look much of a muchness . I will say Luton will do it 1-1 then 2-0 at home then beat Boro in the final. If the shit stains go up so fuck. 

I said on here back in October that it was the worst Championship in years. I'd watched a few games by then and the standard was worse than I can ever remember.

The 4 teams in it much of a muchness. There isn't one team you could say are better than the other 3. I'd actually put the mackems down as slight favourites, the reasons being they sneaked in on the last day which will give them a huge boost as they probably didn't expect to be there and secondly they are probably the in form team with the momentum behind them.

Whoever comes up out for the 4 are going to be in for a torrid time next season unless they can dramatically overhaul their squad.

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I don't want them up yet, but what you on about?

All the Stadium of Light wins, and the 5-1, are amongst my absolute top football highlights.

All miserable experiences in the lead up the week before, with of course relief flooding in after them.

I can't say I list any game vs the mackems in my top 20 matches for NUFC.  Bald men fighting over a comb is what many of them have been.

This is nonsense man. :lol:They are our rivals. Bald men fighting over a comb is how you would describe most rivalries.

losing is awful obviously but the nerves and the build up are what football is about.

Edited by Rafalove

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

This is nonsense man. :lol:They are our rivals. Bald men fighting over a comb is how you would describe most rivalries.

losing is awful obviously but the nerves and the build up are what football is about.

Balls to that.  Keep them down there forever as far as I'm concerned.  Winning doesn't mean that much and losing is a fucking nightmare.  I'm far happier laughing at the daft twats' plight.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Balls to that.  Keep them down there forever as far as I'm concerned.  Winning doesn't mean that much and losing is a fucking nightmare.  I'm far happier laughing at the daft twats' plight.

For me (I mean it's sad cos we've not won any cups to surpass it) scoring and going mad in an otherwise silent Stadium of Shite is as it's good as it's gotten as a fan.

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

For me (I mean it's sad cos we've not won any cups to surpass it) scoring and going mad in an otherwise silent Stadium of Shite is as it's good as it's gotten as a fan.

That’s fair enough - that’s your experience and I’m not going to knock it.  Don’t get me wrong, every goal I’ve seen at Joker / SOS scored by NUFC resulted in going crackers.  But for me, I can’t be arsed with the anxiety and stress - nothing is truly gained from it.  And their continued failure is so much funnier than a derby success twice a year - you know it’s eating them up every day being stuck down there when NUFC goes from strength to strength.  

I’d be perfectly happy to draw the in a cup at some point and watch them given a good old thrashing though.  

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I said on here back in October that it was the worst Championship in years. I'd watched a few games by then and the standard was worse than I can ever remember.

The 4 teams in it much of a muchness. There isn't one team you could say are better than the other 3. I'd actually put the mackems down as slight favourites, the reasons being they sneaked in on the last day which will give them a huge boost as they probably didn't expect to be there and secondly they are probably the in form team with the momentum behind them.

Whoever comes up out for the 4 are going to be in for a torrid time next season unless they can dramatically overhaul their squad.

They play decent football as well, can only imagine that's because they've got half a dozen players from big clubs on loan. Won't do them much good if they come up, they'll all get recalled.

Just now, TRon said:

They play decent football as well, can only imagine that's because they've got half a dozen players from big clubs on loan. Won't do them much good if they come up, they'll all get recalled.

Amad Diallo is the only one they would want back anyway (and they would have a good chance of getting him again), they've only really got him and Gelhardt on loan from current Premier League teams. Michut is on loan from PSG but they have an option to buy and the rest were bought for pennies with possibly a big sell on %.

3 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Mackem I know doesn't want to come up yet, not sure how prevalent that view is

I think it would be pretty prevalent on here anyway.

45 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Have to say I feel no way near as annoyed at them potentially coming up as I would’ve done 2 seasons ago. We won’t roll over for them next time. 

Aye, the one big plus for me is that we owe them a couple of good derby hidings, and it's been long overdue.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

All miserable experiences in the lead up the week before, with of course relief flooding in after them.

I can't say I list any game vs the mackems in my top 20 matches for NUFC.  Bald men fighting over a comb is what many of them have been.

Sorry but the 5-1 at home 4-1 away and Liam over the wall go down in folklore for me , certainly the 5-1 makes my and most NUFC supporters top 10 easily like 

Edited by GWN

Surely nobody who lives in the NE or has done wants the return of the dreaded derby? We are always expected to win so if we do it means fuck all, and yet when we lose which we have a nasty habit of doing it's soul destroying. 

9 minutes ago, GWN said:

Sorry but the 5-1 at home 4-1 away and Liam over the wall go down in folklore for me , certainly the 5-1 makes my and most NUFC supporters top 10 easily like 

I was at the 4-1 away and the O'Brien FK 2-1 to complete 11 in a row - and they don't for me

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Surely nobody who lives in the NE or has done wants the return of the dreaded derby? We are always expected to win so if we do it means fuck all, and yet when we lose which we have a nasty habit of doing it's soul destroying. 

We'll not lose man. We'll fucking destroy them.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

I was at all those games. Crushed to within an inch of my life at Roker when O'Brien scored but I still wouldn't want them back up.

I want them to suffer in the lower leagues for years to come, losing money year in, year out, having to beg bigger clubs to borrow their players.

When we were down there and they were in the PL I never once heard a mackem say they wanted us promoted so that they could have the derby back. Clearly that match is more important to a lot of our fans than it is theirs, but for me I'd be happy never to play them again as a result of them never getting back into the PL again.