Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

Just now, Novocastrian said:

Yeah it’s offside in VAR land, I think people get pissed off with its employment on marginal decisions where the human eye doesn’t pick it up and even several slo-mo replays and lines drawn are barely conclusive. It’s not what VAR was intended for.

It's impossible for one pair of human eyes to get those right but people complain because they love wrong decisions?

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

They are mad organised tbf to them. Not that we’re offering too much. Blocking passing lanes all over the place.

Yes, definitely a big part of this. We're not quite good enough yet to easily break down teams that are organised and sitting back. If we do though, it will be Bruno that finds the solution as he's the one player we currently have that is adept at that.

This half of football is as bad as anything Bruce had served up. Absolute bobbins all round.

Schar and Burn just passing it sideways to each other and the ball eventually ending back with Dubravka is starting to get annoying too.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

It's impossible for one pair of human eyes to get those right but people complain because they love wrong decisions?

Honestly, the decisions where a line has to be drawn through several players looking for an errant toe or knee I’d consider onside. The offside VAR fundamentalists can fuck off.

2 minutes ago, Chrisjraby said:

I think this game shows that Bruno and Shelvey can't co-exist.  Bruno/Big Jow/Willock midfield three looks far more convincing.

I disagree. Much happier with Bruno having the freedom to get further up the pitch. It just created our best chance by far, with some lovely play.

Guest neesy111

Honestly, the decisions where a line has to be drawn through several players looking for an errant toe or knee I’d consider onside. The offside VAR fundamentalists can fuck off.

That wasn't even the case in this situation.  One freeze frame showed it was offside.

Just now, David Edgar said:

:lol: give over

I said earlier - I know it’s me in the wrong as I’m too much a a minority but I just don’t see it, honestly.  Every time someone posts something about him I look for what I’ve missed.

Then the argument just moves to the subject of what's too close to call an offside. There's no other way to do it outside of a bit thicker lines that they implemented for this season.