Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

Targett has been really good, Bruno has had one or two moments and Krafth has been decent. Other than that, it's been very meh. We've absolutely dominated without looking remotely threatening; even the 'goal' came from their balls-up.

Just now, STM said:

Some of the views in this thread are embarrassing. Whinging and moaning about everything. Where have you been the last 15 years?

This performance has been lightyears from Brucey ball and a damn side better than some of the stuff Rafa had us playing.

We are pressing, controlling possession and look like a proper team. OK we don't look scintillating in the final 3rd but you can at least see a plan.

Stop fucking moaning man. Oh... and Bruno is pure sex.

Standard NO match thread tbh.

I mean this is the worst game of football I've seen in a while. Chris Wood has been dreadful but their striker makes him look like Pele. :)

Favourite moment was when Shelvey tried to run the channel and lost the race of tortoise vs tortoise to Boly. [emoji38]

I'm just gonna say it, I think Emil Krafth has been the best player on the pitch so far.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Frustrating half but it always is against this lot. Have to hope as they come out more there’s more space for us however on the flip side they’re potentially dangerous if they do decide to attack.

I’ll take a point as I think 4 will do us for safety and that’ll not only stop the losing run but put us one win away from safety imo.

Wolves are absolutely there for the taking, feel like we got worse as that half went on. Since the disallowed goal we've been flat as a pancake and we've not tested the keeper all night.

Got an awful feeling Wolves hoy on Neto after 65-70 and realise there's something in it if we haven't taken the lead by then.

Need more urgency and to get Bruno on it more second half or I've got a sinking feeling we piss this glorious chance of a win away.

Just now, neesy111 said:

They are missing 1/2 their 1st team.

We’re also missing 4 of our starters, after Fraser went off after 10 minutes. They look utter shite and this game is there for the taking. Not sure I have seen a worse first half from an away team at SJP this season. 

Pretty clueless and wasteful in the final third yet again, mind. Plus they did start to grow into the game the last 5 minutes. 

A few cm difference and this place would be full of praise for how that half went. 

Wolves were poor, but part of that is down to us. 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Thought we were really good in that half just lacking a deserved goal 

We lack cutting edge and look extremely toothless and don’t create anything. Poor even if I’m control. Need to start moving and moving the ball quicker.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Targett has been really good, Bruno has had one or two moments and Krafth has been decent. Other than that, it's been very meh. We've absolutely dominated without looking remotely threatening; even the 'goal' came from their balls-up.

Not really, Bruno with a lovely ball, miggy with lovely skill.

Guest HTT II

Wolves have been so poor and yet so have we, our entire midfield offers nothing going forward and Wood is a carthorse. ASM can fuck off like with this type of nothing performance. We miss Willock’s off the ball running and aggression at charging into open spaces. Bruno and Burn have been our best players, but Bruno has no outlet. We just lack any kind of tenacity going forward, just get going, get crosses in, pin them back, run at them, do fucking something. This has a 1-0 loss written all over it. No drive or energy whatsoever from any of our so-called attacking players.

Edited by HTT II

Couple of decent moments including the disallowed goal, but our real key players - ASM and Joelinton especially - look exhausted. Feels like Bruno might have to take the game by the scruff of the neck because you can guarantee Wolves will get their shit together if it stays 0-0 for a while longer.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Some of the views in this thread are embarrassing. Whinging and moaning about everything. Where have you been the last 15 years?

This performance has been lightyears from Brucey ball and a damn side better than some of the stuff Rafa had us playing.

We are pressing, controlling possession and look like a proper team. OK we don't look scintillating in the final 3rd but you can at least see a plan.

Stop fucking moaning man. Oh... and Bruno is pure sex.

Yeah, I mean I genuinely can't believe we've already got to the point where we can control the game to this extent, and have Wolves pinned back.

Can't believe how quickly some people have forgotten just how pathetic we were under Bruce. It's incredible really. We'd have had a striker on the half way line and everyone else in our box under him.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Not really, Bruno with a lovely ball, miggy with lovely skill.

It was nice from our point of view but it was a sloppy pass to begin with and a bit of a calamity before Wood buried it. 

We're playing alright, just desperately lacking in the final third. 

2 minutes ago, nortoon said:

I mean this is the worst game of football I've seen in a while. Chris Wood has been dreadful but their striker makes him look like Pele. :)

Favourite moment was when Shelvey tried to run the channel and lost the race of tortoise vs tortoise to Boly. [emoji38]

I'm just gonna say it, I think Emil Krafth has been the best player on the pitch so far.

Krafth has looked pretty decent last few months and I no longer sigh when I see his name of the teamsheet anymore

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I mean I genuinely can't believe we've already got to the point where we can control the game to this extent, and have Wolves pinned back.

Can't believe how quickly some people have forgotten just how pathetic we were under Bruce. It's incredible really. We'd have had a striker on the half way line and everyone else in our box under him.

Yep, we are 1 or 2 quality attacking players away from being comfortable in this game.

Even Wilson and Trippier and we would be winning.

It's like day 1 of the rebuild for us. I'm buzzing at this progress.

Guest neesy111

I'd think of bringing Gayle on even though I think he's absolutely rubbish.  Need some mobility upfront.