Peter Damage

NUFC06

Guest eyeball_tickler

I won't call Martins shit if he hits bad form because he clearly isn't; he can control a football, something that Ramage, despeite being paid around 56k a week can't do, and the funny thing is Ramage is actually older than Martins. How he is playing for us at this level is baffling. Just because he's a faux-Geordie imo

i really doubt ramage is on 56k a week. nearer 6k.

I won't call Martins shit if he hits bad form because he clearly isn't; he can control a football, something that Ramage, despeite being paid around 56k a week can't do, and the funny thing is Ramage is actually older than Martins. How he is playing for us at this level is baffling. Just because he's a faux-Geordie imo

Probably meant 5-6k a week, but comparing a CB's control compared to a flairful attacking striker is fuking idiotic tbh.

Lets compare a London bus to a Ferrari Enzo.

Well they've both got wheels so why cant the London bus so 0-60 in under 4 seconds?

Must be shit.

Probably meant 5-6k a week, but comparing a CB's control compared to a flairful attacking striker is fuking idiotic tbh.

Well they've both got wheels so why cant the London bus so 0-60 in under 4 seconds?

Must be shit.

Im guessing he was just fishing for the "Ramge is on £56k a week!!!!!" reply.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Must be shit.

I wasn't comparing Ramage's ball control to that of Martin's. If you were to compare ramage's ball control with anything it'd best to do it with an elephant because he simply can't control a football at all. I hold nothing against the lad at all I just think he's a shit player.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont like him at all.When I first saw him play,I thought he was awful and I still believe he is.If he is awful now,he will become much more awful in the future.He is poor not because he is young but because he cant play good football.

I dont like him at all.When I first saw him play,I thought he was awful and I still believe he is.If he is awful now,he will become much more awful in the future.He is poor not because he is young but because he cant play good football.

Honest and simple explanation of this player

I like that and i think its the truth :thup: :thup:

If people want to see Ramage as the "future" of our team then that goes to say that they expect the same mid table mediocrity we have been served with for the past couple of seasons.

We NEED a central defender to partner taylor. Ramage hasn't got the technique or  the adequate skills necessary to take our central defensive pairing any further than where it is now. I didn't see the own goal against Bolton but it seems like he was to blame along with Pavel (can't expect too much form an over aged goally who hasn't played for a while...), just doesn't get any better from where I'm sitting... :wullie:

Ramage is not the future of this team however he does have a future at Newcastle in a back-up roll. The fact that he now has experience all along the back makes him as an ideal candidate to fill the "Aaron Hughes" roll.

Ramage is not the future of this team however he does have a future at Newcastle in a back-up roll. The fact that he now has experience all along the back makes him as an ideal candidate to fill the "Aaron Hughes" roll.

I agree 100% with you :thup: :thup:

Guest shearer_united

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8383/2820494bh3.jpg

What is that just above the Northern Rock Logo ?

I see it a lot.

Even during this mini purple patch that Ramage has had I have still felt extremely nervous whenever the ball has come anywhere near him.

The lad deserves credit for his recent performances but I think we can all see he struggles at this level. I think he'd make a good championship defender but his future here will always be backup, preferably emergency backup if we get some decent defenders in once and for all.

He doesn't have a lot going for him as a footballer. He gives 110% and his tackling is canny and sometimes that will be enough to cover for his inadequacies but more often than not it won't. I feel his reading of the game has improved a little since he had a run at centre-back, but he has incredibly poor technique for a Premiership player, even allowing for the fact he's a centre half. Added to that he's very slow, hits the panic button whenever he's closed down by strikers and hoofs the ball into row Z (or straight to the opposition) ... I could go on but it would be unfair on the lad.

As long as he's in the team I'll support him but at the back of my mind I'm just waiting for the time when we get the defence sorted and players like him are emergency cover. The fact he's a permanent fixture in our squad is an achievement considering we were on the brink of letting him go to Hibernian from our reserve team a couple of season back. But sadly I feel the reason he's in our team says more about the management of this club than it does about Peter Ramage.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"We were leading through Kieron's goal and we were looking very comfortable. The ball came over and I turned to head it back to Pavel Srnicek not realising he had already come out.

"People are telling me the television replays are showing that I was pushed in the back by Kevin Nolan, but I have to be honest and say I was not really aware of that."

At least he's honest. I don't agree that he has a future as a back up player, I don't think he is in Arron Hughesleague

"We were leading through Kieron's goal and we were looking very comfortable. The ball came over and I turned to head it back to Pavel Srnicek not realising he had already come out.

"People are telling me the television replays are showing that I was pushed in the back by Kevin Nolan, but I have to be honest and say I was not really aware of that."

At least he's honest. I don't agree that he has a future as a back up player, I don't think he is in Arron Hughesleague

To be fair Aaron could run.

Guest Invicta_Toon

"People are telling me that AS9 think's i'm shit, but I can tell him now, his bird doesn't think so; and I earn more in a week than he does in a year"

So he had passed the ball to Pav without even looking...

WTF blueconfused.gif