Peter Damage

NUFC06

Fuck off, you f***ing prick.

Fact, you halfwit - Ramage has been responsible for more ballsups than Bramble.

Bramble gets panned all the time Ramage always has prats like yourself to defend him.

He was a disaster today.

I personally though, blame the idiotic inclusion of Disaster Keeper himself - Srnicek.

bluelaugh.gif Who would you have played then? Pity I forgot about you when selecting NUFC section poster of the year, you would really have fitted in with my selections.

both players were at fault for me.  srnicek waited all day to finally move for the ball, and i think if given had been in net it would have been his quickly. ramage however, had two or three opportunites to whack the ball away on the half volley once he saw srnicek hesitate. shit all around

over the course of the game though ramage was crap, sure he headed a few balls clear in key situations with his solid positioning.  but it is imposible to start or build an attack at this level when your defenders continually fail to find a player of the same shirt with senseless long balls!!  that crap doesn't even work over here in the United States in high school soccer!! for christs sake, compose yourself on the ball, look up and distribute....

we were pathetic after the half and the "planned" dyer substitution really put a hurting on our attack. sibierski was as bad as we've seen him yet this season. oba coulda done some damage if he had gotten the ball more than twice with any support.

Guest Invicta_Toon

people who think Ramage is the biggest problem at this club need their fucking head read, and then lobotomised lest they inflict their views on others

I just want to remind you what Ramage did to us last year:

1.Man Utd-Newcastle 2:0

back pass to Given,too short and Rooney scores

cant take the ball from Rooney near the penalty area 2:0

2.Newcastle-Liverpool 1:3

Deep cross into the box Ramage is no mans land and Crouch scores

Second goal Gerard makes Ramage looks funny

3.Chelsea-Newcastle 1:0 FA cup

Corner to Chelsea and Terry scores after Ramage didnt follow his man properly

Is there any need to continue...

I just want to remind you what Ramage has done for NUFC:

1) Played anywhere accross the back 4 when been asked

2) Proved over a consecutive run of games thhis season that he has formed a usually solid partnership with Taylor

3) Never once moaned or complained about not playing

4) Has played in almost every game since his debut after a meteoric rise. it can't have been easy for the lad.

He may not be John Terry quality, but it's players like Peter Ramage I want at our club. He may not be my first choice, but he's certainly not a bad defender.

Grow a brain.

1)He is versatile i agree with that

2)He played those games because Titus and Moore were injured otherwise i dont think he might played,but yet again i agree with you that he played some good games

3)He dont have the right to moan because he knows that this is his chance to prove himself

4)Talylor also develop very quickly but he never made any major mistakes

I also want local lads from the Academy to play for NUFC

Look i dont hate the guy i just think that he is not good enough for the standart of our club

IMO Bramble is better defender than Ramage,Titus just needs good coach who can develop his talent

Ramage i think is hard working defender who gives his heart to NUFC but he is just average.I dont see where he can develop more than this.He is 23 already!

I'll have him as a squad player because he can play in all the positions in the back

Last and i think all of you will agree:if we want to complete with the top 4 teams we need some class in the defence and i just dont think Ramage has it!!!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If you think that was a hard push on Ramage come to the Leazes end next game and us proper supporters will show you what a real push is.

The only difference between Bramble and Ramage is that Bramble is faster. 

I thought this yesterday before I found this thread. They have both cost us games when played. When everyone was defending ramage because he was playing LB and it wasn`t his fault he was rubbish, how come Huntington has done better there and how come Nobby has done better in RB than Ramage ever did.  I think its time that everyone realises that the only top 8 defender we have is Taylor when he matures a bit.

Guest nufc1984

So we're blaming this on Ramage eh? Ha, Bolton had an excellent game, Ramage was CLEARLY pushed into Pav by Nolan, The only thing i can fault Ramage for is not protesting, but the equaliser was most certainly not his fault, lay off him,This incident doesn't wipe out what he has done for us in recent months, he's had some really good performances at the back for us. Move on, we've got Everton next and we must take the points there.

My personal opinion is that the blame for the goal can only be put partially on Ramage. Pav made his mind up far too late and Ramage was already commited by the time Pav decided he was going for the ball. I also think the push in the back from Nolan didn't help.

I think you have to ask the question would that goal have been conceeded if it was Given in goal. I would definetly say not, Given would have made it clear whether he wanted Ramage to head it or he was coming for it. Pav did niether and we paid for it. 

Guest nufc1984

This thread is just typical of the forum, from hero to villain in one incident!

No doubt as soon as Martins has a poor run of games he will be the worse striker ever!

Quoted for truth!

both players were at fault for me. srnicek waited all day to finally move for the ball, and i think if given had been in net it would have been his quickly. ramage however, had two or three opportunites to whack the ball away on the half volley once he saw srnicek hesitate. shit all around

over the course of the game though ramage was crap, sure he headed a few balls clear in key situations with his solid positioning. but it is imposible to start or build an attack at this level when your defenders continually fail to find a player of the same shirt with senseless long balls!! that crap doesn't even work over here in the United States in high school soccer!! for christs sake, compose yourself on the ball, look up and distribute....

we were pathetic after the half and the "planned" dyer substitution really put a hurting on our attack. sibierski was as bad as we've seen him yet this season. oba coulda done some damage if he had gotten the ball more than twice with any support.

I have to say I disagree with the bit in bold - only because if Given had been playing in that exact situation he wouldn't have come at all, therefore he would still have been on his line and Ramage's ill-advised header might have dropped safely into Given's arms...

I used to play with a keeper so rooted to his line that we used to joke "You'd never know if he's gay - he never comes out"... The same might apply to Given*

* That's not to deny he is an outstanding keeper, but racing off his line has never been a strength of Given's...

No doubt as soon as Martins has a poor run of games he will be the worse striker ever!

You cant compare Ramage with Martins

I never rated Ramage

I think there is more talent in Huntington than Ramage!

I never rated Ramage

Where did I compare the players?  blueconfused.gif

I never rated Ramage

We are talking about Ramage as a player and you said that if Martins is in bad form we are going to critise him the way we did with Ramage!

That will never happen because Martins is top class player,he is worth 10 times more than Ramage.

And when Martins is not in form that is temporary and when you are talking about Ramage thats the way he is.

Average player who you never know when will make mistake!

Something like Titus.

I never rated Ramage

We are talking about Ramage as a player and you said that if Martins is in bad form we are going to critise him the way we did with Ramage!

That will never happen because Martins is top class player,he is worth 10 times more than Ramage.

And when Martins is not in form that is temporary and when you are talking about Ramage thats the way he is.

Average player who you never know when will make mistake!

Something like Titus.

I bet you Martins will get critisiced by some on here as soon as he hits a poor run of games, it happens all the time, to every player we have!

Fuck sake, I have read once or twice soemthing about Bramble neing better than Ramage, Bramble is a fucking clown man, fucks up EVERY single game, Ramage isn't the best, no but after one bad game he is shite. Fuck off! :wullie:

Fuck sake, I have read once or twice soemthing about Bramble neing better than Ramage, Bramble is a fucking clown man, fucks up EVERY single game, Ramage isn't the best, no but after one bad game he is shite. Fuck off! :wullie:

Not true

Bramble and Ramage both cock up on occassion, but at least Bramble will spend most of the game looking very solid

I agree with you

And lets not forget that its Titus fault that we are in the Uefa cup

Playing European football again :thup: :thup:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I won't call Martins shit if he hits bad form because he clearly isn't; he can control a football, something that Ramage, despeite being paid around 56k a week can't do, and the funny thing is Ramage is actually older than Martins. How he is playing for us at this level is baffling. Just because he's a faux-Geordie imo

I think that now Ramage is playing only because there is no one else to play!

But i think that after the transfer window we will have some new defenders hopefully left back and central defender so Ramage will be used as a backup.

The big + for Ramage is that he can play in every position in defence and that is always nice.I'll keep him mainly because of this