Dan Ashworth: released from contractual obligations after agreement reached between Newcastle and Man Utd (Official)

Rich

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interesting how Hope is only reporting this now mind. 

If its true, and im not defending Hope, but there could be leaks after the story broke.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nowt to do with them getting Ashworth, but I can’t stand that Brailsford.

He'll bring his therapeutic exemption certificates along for the ride, they'll be breaking out the inhalers as we type.

2 hours ago, The Bonk said:

That's harsh to pin on him. :lol: Out of curiosity, what do you think he could of done better? Had Tonali's phone scanned for gambling apps? Grease and have a network of contacts in the Cosa Nostra, Camorra and Ndrangheta? :lol: 

Really not going through all this again. It was out there, it could have been found.

Looks like it may be happening, so get the cunt out, if he doesn't want to be here fuck him. Make sure Man U pay the full compensation and that he is placed on gardening leave for the agreed terms of his contract, unless they pay a big increased fee.

Edited by et tu brute

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Hands tied if we are to believe Hope.

I’m guessing many things here but I’ve been a little surprised at Staveley’s continued presence in operations 

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

Lot of people saying it's £6m compensation. No idea where that figure has come from though as I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

If Steve Bruce was 4m compensation to shef wed, we should be asking for 700m

38 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Genuinely surprised he would leave a project where he can basically build a club in his vision. Feels like there must be other reasons for leaving besides it just being Man Utd.

Sucks, but I just want the breathless coverage of this to end.

There’s no evidence that he was going to be able to do that - Craig (Nee)Hope has suggested that he’s frustrated with his being unable to do so.

It being Man Utd probably is reason enough, in fairness 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I’d gardening leave him for the rest of his contract.

I’m sorry but we need to make an example. Man Utd are club that we’ll leave behind, if you think you are going there instead of being with us then you are going there when they dead and fucking buried.

It’s like when Fergie would only sell us his shot, not a chance he would let his good players come to us. We got their used goods like Butt, and Obertan

Darren Eales talked about us looking to become a top six club which competes for trophies.  That doesn’t sound like leaving Man Utd behind to me. 

Simply got to insist on the full gardening leave unless Man United pay an exorbitant fee.

I don't really have a problem with Ashworth moving on (my attitude is mainly "fuck Man United"), but if he's signed the contract he needs to honour it

Edited by mush

Just now, nufc123 said:

Just sums everything up really. We wont leave Manu behind anytime soon, if ever.

It would be implausible even with an ability to spend shitloads more.  It’s Man Utd, they’ve been England’s biggest club for pretty much the entire post-war period.  Newcastle chucking money at a few players and winning some trophies isn’t going to change that.  Man City dominate English football at the moment, but they’re not a bigger club than Man Utd, despite Man Utd being hobbled by wasteful incompetence for more than a decade. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Just sums everything up really. We wont leave Manu behind anytime soon, if ever.

If they sort themselves out then no club will be able to overtake them imo.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Manu will always be a force. Just a comment to something back in this thread.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yep.  Chelsea are England’s most successful club in 21st Century.  How many would honestly say that Chelsea are a bigger club than Man Utd?

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Darren Eales talked about us looking to become a top six club which competes for trophies.  That doesn’t sound like leaving Man Utd behind to me. 

Man Utd are possibly the weakest club in the current top 6, who do you think are dropping out if we move into it?

Long term the ambition will be to win the league etc. We’ll be aiming to leave them behind.

Edited by Stifler