Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OCK said:

Its always a risk having City players at the arse end of the season when they're trying to win 4 different things. 

Well, it's all PL for them now until the end of season. Out of CL, and the FA Cup final is 6 days after the league finishes. Carabao is finished, and we knocked them out at the start of the season anyways.

Edited by Erikse

15 hours ago, OCK said:

Its always a risk having City players at the arse end of the season when they're trying to win 4 different things. 

But they're only fighting for the league now??? Do you mean they've busted a gut to try and win 4 things?

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Fine, fine, I was trying to get people to swap out Man City players OK. Tactics exposed. 

🤣🤣

10 points off top spot in the NO league.  

Just about top in my paid leagues. 

2 GWs. A top 10k OR. Win NO league. Win my paid leagues. It’s all to play for. 

Best FPL season ever. Going to beat my 60k finish a couple seasons back by some margin. 

Well I've had a bit of a mate but still fighting in my paid leagues and still have free hit chip (37).

Looking for a differential this week.

Doku v Wolves? 
Madueke v West Ham?

Olise v Man U?

Opinions/thoughts?

8 hours ago, Magpie said:

Well I've had a bit of a mate but still fighting in my paid leagues and still have free hit chip (37).

Looking for a differential this week.

Doku v Wolves? 
Madueke v West Ham?

Olise v Man U?

Opinions/thoughts?

Don't overthink it. Focus on teams and players in good form. Focus on players with good matchups in 36 & 38 cos you have the freehit.

Like.. KDB is a differential so no need to go Doku (unless you really like him). Or just captain Foden as most will go to Haaland.

All depends on how far behind you are. Less than 20-30 points - just make the best common sense transfers (this might depend on the playstyle of who you are chasing). Maybe have an alternate captain but like Foden rather than Haaland.. not like... Olise (which might work but is super punty). You might not need to chase until 37 or 38.  If you are chasing 30+ then you might need to go a bit more different.

The NO #1 team is sufficiently different from me that I'm just going to play my own game. The chasing pack is similar to me so they have to go differential or hope the small differences pay off big.

In a paid league I'm 2 points ahead of someone with a similar team to me (he just brought in Gvardiol ffs). We are likely to be close come end of GW37. My GW38 playstyle will depend on whoever is in the lead but a captain zag could probably decide it.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't overthink it. Focus on teams and players in good form. Focus on players with good matchups in 36 & 38 cos you have the freehit.

Like.. KDB is a differential so no need to go Doku (unless you really like him). Or just captain Foden as most will go to Haaland.

All depends on how far behind you are. Less than 20-30 points - just make the best common sense transfers (this might depend on the playstyle of who you are chasing). Maybe have an alternate captain but like Foden rather than Haaland.. not like... Olise (which might work but is super punty). You might not need to chase until 37 or 38.  If you are chasing 30+ then you might need to go a bit more different.

The NO #1 team is sufficiently different from me that I'm just going to play my own game. The chasing pack is similar to me so they have to go differential or hope the small differences pay off big.

In a paid league I'm 2 points ahead of someone with a similar team to me (he just brought in Gvardiol ffs). We are likely to be close come end of GW37. My GW38 playstyle will depend on whoever is in the lead but a captain zag could probably decide it.

Cheers. Everyone banging on about Gvardiol, I can see him being rested tbh if Dias is back. He's played the most out of all their defence.

Just now, Magpie said:

Cheers. Everyone banging on about Gvardiol, I can see him being rested tbh if Dias is back. He's played the most out of all their defence.

Also not much to lose by playing his best side all the time. I think Pep will play his strongest side every game he can unless players are genuinely tired in the moment.

I think Gvardiol is in a good moment which is important to Pep. If he's physically fit and not fatigued hugely he'll start all games if Pep thinks he's the best LB. But as you say - Ake could pop up at LB at any moment. 

On 01/05/2024 at 17:22, The College Dropout said:

Yehhhh. I really wanted 2 FTs for the double / GW38 so might just roll with what I have and see if Ederson's back for the double.

Pep and his trickery strikes again. He was never in doubt about Ederson, was he?[emoji38]

31 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Pep and his trickery strikes again. He was never in doubt about Ederson, was he?[emoji38]

Haha! I did think either broken bone, dislocated shoulder or… just bruising.  I started him just incase. Delighted I didn’t make the transfer in the end but let’s see how it goes. 

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Haha! I did think either broken bone, dislocated shoulder or… just bruising.  I started him just incase. Delighted I didn’t make the transfer in the end but let’s see how it goes. 

I spent 4 points taking him out which let me get Gvardiol in for Gusto. Hopefully Gvardiol make up for it today.

On 03/05/2024 at 10:32, The College Dropout said:

Not really a bad advice, but this aged well.[emoji38]

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

I spent 4 points taking him out which let me get Gvardiol in for Gusto. Hopefully Gvardiol make up for it today.

They concede becaus of him. Petrovic in the bench - I need him to concede now. Most of my rivals in mini leagues have him in goal and he was my backup. Typical.  

For some reason the NO league leader zagged and is captaining Salah. So I’ve jumped into the lead tonight. 

Just over 10k OR atm. 

@TCD Looking interesting between you top 2. With your teams and both of you have BB left I'd put my money on you:

3 hours ago, SR16 said:

@TCD Looking interesting between you top 2. With your teams and both of you have BB left I'd put my money on you:

I think I’m better positioned for GW37 but I prefer his team for GW38.  If I’m not ahead by 10 points by next GW I think he wins