Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a shame that some people miss out, but in a situation where someone is going to miss out, should it be you or the person who hasn't missed an away game in 20 years?

There really isn't a right answer to that question. You could easily argue that if you've been blessed with securing significant amounts of attendance then it's time to let someone else have a go.

They've walked it back from a worse position, which gives people a positive feeling and makes anyone still unhappy with the situation look ungrateful or grumpy, but there are still obvious problems that without this walk back the majority would be unhappy about. The price, only being able to choose one category, not being able to choose tickets after being successful, having to all apply as a group, memberships/tickets being non-transferable. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Yorkie said:

There really isn't a right answer to that question. You could easily argue that if you've been blessed with securing significant amounts of attendance then it's time to let someone else have a go.

Bit harsh for the people who have watched some utter shite who would be missing out now we are half decent?

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Anyone that’s been in so far this morning, are you limited to only selecting one price point?

Yeah, can only select upto 6 tickets in one tier. One per member. 

Platinum Club is the most expensive tier, so assuming this puts you in all other tiers. 

Just now, Sergio said:

Yeah, can only select upto 6 tickets in one tier. One per member. 

Platinum Club is the most expensive tier, so assuming this puts you in all other tiers. 

If selecting a price point puts you in all the price points below, fair enough, but if someone goes for £74, and that precludes them from anything below, that wouldn’t seem right?

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I don't think there is personally. You can make the argument but I don't think it holds much merit like. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think there is personally. You can make the argument but I don't think it holds much merit like. 

It obviously doesn’t in the current situation where we’ve just started to be good again.

Might hold (a little) more merit once we’ve had 20 years of winning everything.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How clear is it that this is the case? it's the only sensible option, but with recent history I'm wondering. 

This is what comes up for the application, mate.

IMAGE.png

Looks like it lets you modify it, also. 

Edited by Sergio

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Bloody hell, I've just read the release properly. It does say "select a specific ticket price category". Surely you should be able to choose more than one.

Not sure we can really have it both ways, to be honest. That way of doing it would just give people who can afford the highest price way more chance of getting one 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're basically advocating locking-out anyone who isn't blessed with the circumstances to build up 'loyalty' through regular attendance. 

2 minutes ago, Sergio said:

IMAGE.png

So it looks like specifically one category, not all the categories you're prepared to take. 

I was assuming you would set your maximum price and it would also include the lower ones. 

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Not sure we can really have it both ways, to be honest. That way of doing it would just give people who can afford the highest price way more chance of getting one 

My comprehension is off this morning, in the next line it says "please note that supporters are unable to select multiple price categories at this time."

That does point to them knowing it's an imperfect solution either way and to the potential of a better one coming down the line.

3 minutes ago, Sergio said:

IMAGE.png

Can anyone remember the difference between Cat 1, 2 and 3?

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Well yeah, but in a way it’s always been like that. The more you can afford to pay the more option you have to get a ticket.

Not massively fair, but that’s life really isn’t it?

Just now, Yorkie said:

You're basically advocating locking-out anyone who isn't blessed with the circumstances to build up 'loyalty' through regular attendance. 

I'm advocating not punishing those who've been following the club up and down the country for decades. The lack of accessibility to tickets is overstated anyway, it's not that hard to get away tickets if anyone wanted to, especially in cup games. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

So if you have to choose one category, you probably have a better chance choosing whichever is the most common?

Yeah, I would choose the one you think will have most tickets available 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

So it looks like specifically one category, not all the categories you're prepared to take. 

I was assuming you would set your maximum price and it would also include the lower ones. 

It's just the bit that reads "Tickets can be allocated in any available category, and price of application may vary" 

It does seem very vague.